Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

BTCC discussion

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Yea I watched it live on ITV, no idea if they upload all the races or just highlights. They aren't the greatest at online content.  :#
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Wheel Nut
    I watched the 2016 season but for some reason I can't find the 2017 opener race.
    PSN: slow-mo-bro /// Fantasy RX: North West Autosport
    F1 Predictor Game 2016: Player 12th - Teams 7th /// F1 Predictor Game 2017: Wins X2 (Hopeful for now)
    So I finally watched Rounds 1, 2, and 3 and... WOW! The races were amazing! I absolutely loved all the action the overtakes the drivers pull are incredible! Subaru is my favorite team so I'm hoping for a stronger result next race.

F1 Predictor Game 2016: Player 12th - Teams 7th /// F1 Predictor Game 2017: Wins X2 (Hopeful for now)
    Glad you've finally watched it, sorry I was no help whatsoever :joy:

It looks like the field is very close and competitive, so it should be a great season  :)
    True that! I just had to wait a week a week for ITV to post the race. I can't wait for rounds 4, 5, 6! :p
    Holy **** that on board Formula 4 crash was horrendous, just sickening watching it live. 
  • Juice29Juice29 Member Wheel Nut
    Yeah....
    From watching it live I think he's broken his leg.

#TeamLH

edited April 16
    I suspect he has a lot more broken. It was awful, the closing speed was huge at that point of the track. The fact it happened to be on board made it even more horrendous. Air ambulance is currently on track, they are so young as well, so it must be awful for the parents. It's pretty sick that people on Twitter are posting the video to get lots of retweets
  • EUfkdupEUfkdup Member New Car Smell
    Shocked at what I saw watching it live. Good to see both drivers moving in their cockpits at the time but damn it was such a horrible impact. Best wishes to the pair of them.
    Such sad news. For such a young lad to have his career taken away at such a young age and to no longer have legs must be a lot to take on. He was completely unsighted, and had no time to slow down, move his feet from the pedals or take his hands off the wheel. To be honest watching it live I was surprised he was even alive, as his head hit the wheel which shows the g-forces involved. 

It's rare to see a crash like that live on board, with my soundbar cranked it it made me physically brace just watching it. A lot of love from around the racing world has poured in, I hope he can use that as some kind of strength in recovering from this moment. 
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Terrible news, can't believe it. :( A cruel reminder of just how dangerous motorsport can be. And only 17 years old too, not even an adult yet.

But it is heart warming to see the amazing motorsport community coming together and donating to the fund to aid his recovery, already at £500,000 at the time of writing in less than 24 hours.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/billymonger23

I really hope the kid goes on to have great success in whatever it may be. Alex Zanardi has achieved incredible things despite his injuries and I hope he can do the same.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    I was going to link the page, but totally forgot after writing my post. I gave as much as I could, it's nice to see the whole of Motorsport donating. 

I know this probably not the right time, but doesn't anyone know why the other car had stopped and on the racing line? Just want to make it clear I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just curious what caused the car to stop. 
    Wow. I can't even believe that crash happened. I hope the kid pulls through. So sorry to the rest of the family and team.
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward

Hughesy said:

I was going to link the page, but totally forgot after writing my post. I gave as much as I could, it's nice to see the whole of Motorsport donating. 

I know this probably not the right time, but doesn't anyone know why the other car had stopped and on the racing line? Just want to make it clear I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just curious what caused the car to stop. 

Apparently the other car (Patrick Pasma) had spun, and ended up back on the track, stalled. It was pure bad timing and misfortune that Monger happened to be on that line approaching the corner, unsighted by the other cars :(
    Damn that is beyond unlucky! Such small margins can change your life forever  :(
  • breezyskells22breezyskells22 Member Unleaded
    3 races, two went full 16 laps without a tyre going bang, instead it was a car testing out the new armco at the place that simon belcher went off in race 2 and caused a hour delay as repairs to said armco was needed
    edited May 11
    Really good racing in Rounds 7,8, and 9. Glad to see Subaru getting some good results. Ashley Sutton is doing a really great job.

• MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    edited May 14
    I'm thinking of trying to go to one of these races over the summer, and go for a good oul píss up. Never been to England before.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion

Mexicola said:

I'm thinking of trying to go to one of these races over the summer, and go for a good oul píss up. Never been to England before.