Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

BTCC discussion

1202122232426»

Comments

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    MBKF1 said:
    Where were you sat? Luffield?

Sorry your drive back was a nightmare. We had to wait about 30 mins to get out the car park but after that it was a decent drive back for me (along a nice fast B-road). but I only live an hour away so it wasn't too bad!
    Luffield/Woodcote to start with, then down to the middle grandstand at Copse for a few races and back to Luffield after that. Copse is great for the big screen, but seeing more than just 1 corner down at Luffield and Woodcote is definitely better! Pidgley's crash in race 3 was just to the right off us.

Hughesy isn't wrong about our drive back. The worst part of it to me was the few times the car behind came flying up and then sat right on the bumper before overtaking and driving suicidally into the distance. They should have turned around and gone back to Silverstone if they wanted to race.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    As is now tradition, here's Hughesy and I from the TV cameras. I'm on the left in the white top, and Hughesy on the right wearing a red hat :)

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    MBKF1 said:
    Where were you sat? Luffield?

Sorry your drive back was a nightmare. We had to wait about 30 mins to get out the car park but after that it was a decent drive back for me (along a nice fast B-road). but I only live an hour away so it wasn't too bad!
    Luffield/Woodcote to start with, then down to the middle grandstand at Copse for a few races and back to Luffield after that. Copse is great for the big screen, but seeing more than just 1 corner down at Luffield and Woodcote is definitely better! Pidgley's crash in race 3 was just to the right off us.

Hughesy isn't wrong about our drive back. The worst part of it to me was the few times the car behind came flying up and then sat right on the bumper before overtaking and driving suicidally into the distance. They should have turned around and gone back to Silverstone if they wanted to race.
    Ah right, nice one. We sat at Woodcote the whole day actually, we had some cracking seats where we could see basically the whole track apart from Copse and Maggots. That Pidgley crash happened right in front of us, bit scary for a moment!

It's something about idiots driving back from Silverstone... the amount of times I've driven back and had some yobbo right up behind me and then overtake on a narrow road...
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited September 2018
    @RevolvingPrawn You said me buying that red Toyota hat would make it easier to spot us and it did :joy:
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Gutted for Ingram that he missed out on the title, but it was heart warming to see how much it meant to Turkington. I've never been his biggest fan but he's clearly worked so hard for it and it means a lot. I hope Ingram can come back next year and go one step further!

On the season as a whole though, what an amazing one it's been. The racing all year has been exceptional, genuinely my favourite season that I can remember watching.

I think Tim Harvey mentioned it yesterday, but the quality of racing this year has really stepped up a notch. BTCC has a reputation for banger style racing, and while there is still the odd bit of contact, on the whole the driving has been superb. So many amazing, smart overtakes and generally great racing.

Shame BTCC has such a long off season, it's over 6 months til the first race of 2019!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Turkington hasn't stopped banger racing though, he somehow always gets away with it as well.

The end of race 3 though, amazing, if that was for the championship it would be talked about long after we're dead lol

• SmokingPuppy841SmokingPuppy841 Member New Car Smell
    Another season I really enjoyed. The grid seems to be shaping up nicely for 2019 as well.