Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

BTCC discussion

Comments

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Spectator, we're not official media... (yet ;) )
    Ah Ok, I was wondering if you were the fat photographer in front of me on the other side of the fence. :p

Mind you, he didn't half move quick when a Ginetta came plummeting backwards into the barrier in the last race :p

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Did anyone actually find out what caused the lights to stick on for the first race?

#RIPJules

• Tommig1995Tommig1995 Member Pit Crew
    fIsince08 said:
    Ah Ok, I was wondering if you were the fat photographer in front of me on the other side of the fence. :p

Mind you, he didn't half move quick when a Ginetta came plummeting backwards into the barrier in the last race :p
    Wow! We basically stood right by you then. We were waiting there for our lift home when that happened
    Twitter @tommig1995

Hairpin Motosport Media - Formerly North West Rallying - Amateur motorsport media, rally orientated | Youtube | Twitter
    fIsince08 said:

Wow! We basically stood right by you then. We were waiting there for our lift home when that happened
    Nah, I moved to the top of the banking for that race :p

#RIPJules

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    fIsince08 said:
    Did anyone actually find out what caused the lights to stick on for the first race?
    I don't know, but if was funny watching it on the TV :p All the cars revving their engines for 20+ seconds and the lights are just stuck on red haha
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    I'm kind of annoyed that nobody else picked up on Turkington jumping the start of race 2. He was already moving by the time the lights went out. 
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    I'm kind of annoyed that nobody else picked up on Turkington jumping the start of race 2. He was already moving by the time the lights went out. 
    I just had a look at it again, and maybe he didn't get penalised because he didn't cross the grid line before the lights turned off, like Vettel in Suzuka 2010.
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    I didn't see it but most of them are 'creeping' before the lights go out anyway. 
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
    edited July 2014
    @RevolvingPrawn You do realise the TV lights graphic is delayed anyway, right?

I didn't find the start funny, I found it disappointing :p

#RIPJules

Delayed or not Chris, Turkington shot off the line before any of the other cars were even moving. 
    Delayed or not Chris, Turkington shot off the line before any of the other cars were even moving. 
    Well I haven't seen the start properly yet, but is that not something to do with rear wheel drive?

#RIPJules

fIsince08 said:
    Well I haven't seen the start properly yet, but is that not something to do with rear wheel drive?
    RWD cars do get a better getaway but Dave means Turkington started while the others didn't move at all.
    Go Honda!
    fIsince08 said:

Is that your vid, Chirs? If so, I might just have found you in one of my photos! :D
    Twitter @tommig1995

Hairpin Motosport Media - Formerly North West Rallying - Amateur motorsport media, rally orientated | Youtube | Twitter
    fIsince08 said:

Is that your vid, Chirs? If so, I might just have found you in one of my photos! :D
    Does he look like Ted Kravitz's hidden child? If so, it's him :P
    Go Honda!
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward

Start is at 5:33.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
    edited July 2014
    fIsince08 said:

Yes it is mine.

Thanks @mike96 :p

EDIT: That start looks more like a creep to me, not a jump.

#RIPJules

I have an image! Should I post it? (I respect people's privacy!)

Twitter @tommig1995

Definite jump start to me still. Watch it at half speed and you'll see!

Remember Alonso's jump start at Spain? When I saw that I was amazed that Charlie even picked up on it. Had Charlie been at the start of this race I'm pretty sure he would have given Turkington the pointing finger too :p
    Definite jump start to me still. Watch it at half speed and you'll see!

Remember Alonso's jump start at Spain? When I saw that I was amazed that Charlie even picked up on it. Had Charlie been at the start of this race I'm pretty sure he would have given Turkington the pointing finger too :p
    China :P
    Go Honda!