Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

BTCC discussion

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    What a crazy crash. Must have felt like an eternity for Collard as that whole thing lasted about 8 or 9 seconds, and he probably was thinking cars would pile into him, and then ending up on the roof. Scary stuff.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator

Collard onboard:

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• AbSabirAbSabir Member New Car Smell
    Anybody watched the documentary, Touring Car Legends? Its awesome
    edited October 2014
    Plato on pole with Tordoff second and Turkington fourth. It'd be unfortunate if Tordoff made a bad start and held Turkington up...

#RIPJules

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    It'd be unfortunate if Tordoff smashed Turkington off and damaged his car badly enough that he wasn't able to take part in race 2 or 3.

Ok, I lied, that'd be great.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Probably won't be able to watch races 1 or 2 cos of F1, but come on Potato Plato!

EDIT: Bleeding autocorrect, that should have been Plato.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    And bleeding should be bloody? :p
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
    It'd be unfortunate if Tordoff smashed Turkington off and damaged his car badly enough that he wasn't able to take part in race 2 and 3.

Ok, I lied, that'd be great.
    That's better ;) 

#RIPJules

Turkey is champion. :( 

#RIPJules

Harsh on Plato's penalties. Had Turkington done the same nothing would have been done. Collard pulled the same thing on Giovanardi at Snetterton yet no penalties were handed out.

The BTCC stewards have a hard on for BMW it seems.
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I was at Brands yesterday, some great racing (and rather a lot of rain in the latter half of the day!). Not sure why there is so much hate for Turkington here, I personally think he is a deserving Champion this year. Proper **** move from Plato in race 2. I have a huge amount of respect for Plato - and he is clearly a great driver - but with his experience he knows exactly what is going to happen with some of these moves. 

Still, BTCC has always been about trading a bit of paint, so can't grumble too much!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Infiniti are entering as a manufacturer next season sponsoring the injured paratroopers. All of the team members are wounded servicemen I believe.

#RIPJules

• Gav25182Gav25182 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    tbtstt said:
    I was at Brands yesterday, some great racing (and rather a lot of rain in the latter half of the day!). Not sure why there is so much hate for Turkington here, I personally think he is a deserving Champion this year. Proper **** move from Plato in race 2. I have a huge amount of respect for Plato - and he is clearly a great driver - but with his experience he knows exactly what is going to happen with some of these moves. 

Still, BTCC has always been about trading a bit of paint, so can't grumble too much!
    I was there as well mate, pit straight, and I agree with every point you make. Plato was a ****, deserved to be stripped of his win, ridiculous move.
    Swearing Kills
    Skip to 3:18. Clearly his fault for turning in on Jordan, yet then procedes to blame Jordan for the whole thing. He does things like this and then plays the victim, even though it's his own damn fault. This is the only example I could be bothered to search YouTube for but I've seen him do it numerous times the past few years. An incident with Matt Neal where Turkington shunted him from behind, Neals fault for apparently braking early. The incident with Shedden that resulted in Shedden receiving a penalty, Turkington squeezed him off circuit, Shedden lost control because being pushed onto grass doesn't do much for traction, and the stewards gave him the penalty. 
    It's things like this that make me hate him. He causes accidents with his awful defending, then whines, other driver gets penalty.

Skip to 3:18. Clearly his fault for turning in on Jordan, yet then procedes to blame Jordan for the whole thing. He does things like this and then plays the victim, even though it's his own damn fault. This is the only example I could be bothered to search YouTube for but I've seen him do it numerous times the past few years. An incident with Matt Neal where Turkington shunted him from behind, Neals fault for apparently braking early. The incident with Shedden that resulted in Shedden receiving a penalty, Turkington squeezed him off circuit, Shedden lost control because being pushed onto grass doesn't do much for traction, and the stewards gave him the penalty. 
    It's things like this that make me hate him. He causes accidents with his awful defending, then whines, other driver gets penalty.

Plato has - in my eyes - been on borrowed time in the latter half of this season. It was known that he had two strikes mid-year, yet both of his incidents (Turkington and Austin) at Knockhill went unpunished, as did his overtaking move on Turkington at Silverstone (when he had been punished for a similar move at Oulton Park earlier in the year). The Turkington/Knockhill move could be argued (I think Plato used Jackson, but it is defendable), but the Austin move certainly wasn't, neither was the Turkington "pass" at Silverstone. 

As an aside I also thought it was a bit of a cheek that Neal got punished for his comments concerning TOCA, when Plato has been incredibly critical of them during multiple interviews throughout this - and previous - seasons. 

Your above critique of Turkington is certainly arguable, but this is Touring Cars, so I accept a certain level of contact (and that none of the drivers are saints!), but for me Turkington's conduct this season has been head-and-shoulders above Plato's. As I said in my previous post, Plato has long been a quick driver, but my respect for him has waned in recent years as he continues to carry out questionable moves on track.  

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

fIsince08 said:
    Infiniti are entering as a manufacturer next season sponsoring the injured paratroopers. All of the team members are wounded servicemen I believe.
    That's what I read as well. I think the Q50 looks great in Touring Car trim...

...great to see another shape out on track next year! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

@tbtstt I don't care about Plato :p We all know he's a dirty bugger but at least he doesn't hide it and whine that it's always the other drivers fault, ala Turkington.
    @tbtstt I don't care about Plato :p We all know he's a dirty bugger but at least he doesn't hide it and whine that it's always the other drivers fault, ala Turkington.
    Haha! Truth be told Turkington isn't my fave driver, I just thought he was far more deserving of the Championship this year then Plato. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

edited October 2014
    Forgive the double post, but just uploaded a few pictures from Brands...

...few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/sets/72157648760618816/

If any of you are interested! :)

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Wow that last race really was dark!

#RIPJules