Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Jeff (engineer)

It pisses me off that my buddy jeff was with me when i was with mclaren
Then he was with me wen i went to renault
En now he is on the redbull team

To make it more realistic every team should have their own guy ?

What do you guys think

Comments

• AJC2424AJC2424 Member New Car Smell
    I was just going to say - Massa is the most obvious / recent example of this. His race engineer followed him from Ferrari to Williams.
  • Luke1991Luke1991 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 14
    Does it really matter if it's the same guy as the race engineer? Like said above, what's the point in recording loads of different people. #longliveJeff

Edit: how on earth is my comment off topic? :S
    Post edited by Luke1991 on
  • likewiselikewise Member Pit Crew
    I just wish he wasn't so smug when I am falling behind in development and then shrugs it off when the MGU-K fails...
  • TheVelvetoneTheVelvetone Member New Car Smell
    likewise said:
    I just wish he wasn't so smug when I am falling behind in development and then shrugs it off when the MGU-K fails...
    That's not Jeff, the R&D guy is Chris
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    AJC2424 said:
    I was just going to say - Massa is the most obvious / recent example of this. His race engineer followed him from Ferrari to Williams.
    Treue although I think Rob is in a different role at Williams he doesn't act as Massa's race engineer any more.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• ArthurRayArthurRay Member New Car Smell
    I just wish the Engineer would do his job and help advise on setting the car up for the track instead of a smug "We'll make these changes."
  • sirio994sirio994 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 14
    Andrea Stella (Alonso's track engineer in Ferrari) went to McLaren and now is the leader of team's engineers.

The only thing i don't like about the team radio system is the quality. Messages are too clear, they don't sound like in real life (Project Cars for example replicates them better)
  • TopAirspaceTopAirspace Member Wheel Nut
    sirio994 said:
    Andrea Stella (Alonso's track engineer in Ferrari) went to McLaren and now is the leader of team's engineers.

The only thing i don't like about the team radio system is the quality. Messages are too clear, they don't sound like in real life (Project Cars for example replicates them better)
    Dude.... Project Cars has the Worst Radio Engineer in the history of video games......
  • sirio994sirio994 Member New Car Smell
    I was talking about the sound. F1 has the best engineer (and by far)
  • Menze92Menze92 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 14
    Still with all of the points above
    I would rather see different guys, with different lines
    Or maybe the option to take jeff with you or choose a new engineer.

Like fifa.. the option to make your own descisions