Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Red bull rb6 Singapore

Since patch 1.6 the red bull rb6 dominates twisty tracks which I guess is kinda realistic but not when the out qualifying the crazy fast Ferrari 2004 by over 3 seconds  so that defitnley needs fixing and the whole classic car section needs reviewing as it virtually impossible to have good races in single or multi class as the car performances are just to wide if you put it on a decent difficulty 90 or above the Ferrari 2002/2004 just disappear and the 80/90 era the 98 McLaren just disappears can of course lower difficulty to keep pace but then the cars similar pace to yours are way off so that doesn't work either desperately needs a equal car option or option to remove and add cars to your own custom races 

Comments

• PercocetPantherPercocetPanther Member New Car Smell
    I agree that it is almost impossible to beat the f2004 unless it is at Hungary or Monaco.

Personally, I think the RB6 is incredible fun to drive and the speed you can throw it into some corners is fantastic. 
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Sounds realistic to me.

The F2004 might be insanely fast, but it definitely makes sense that the RB6 has the advantage on street circuits. According to Adrian Newey it is the car with the most downforce in F1 history. Also, it drives with slick tyres which have a massive advantage when pitted against grooved tyres.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • NaxlrNaxlr Member New Car Smell
    I agree it realistic but I'm taking about how do you compete with it if it is 3 seconds a lap faster in qualifying?
  • CofferCoffer Member Unleaded
    edited September 14
    Naxlr said:
    I agree it realistic but I'm taking about how do you compete with it if it is 3 seconds a lap faster in qualifying?
    The same way you compete with an F2004 on less twisty tracks: you don't. The RB6 is very clearly intended to be the fastest car on tracks like that. You're not supposed to beat it in a car that isn't good on such tracks. Don't like it, pick the car or complain to CM about their choice to include classics from an overly large variation of years (1 from each year in fact) instead of cars that can properly compete with one another most of the time. The F10 would have a very good shot against the RB6 for instance.
    Well hence why desperately need equal car option then as it totally pointless doing a custom championship say and knowing that on certain tracks you guna be 3 sec a lap slower 
  • CofferCoffer Member Unleaded
    Naxlr said:
    Well hence why desperately need equal car option then as it totally pointless doing a custom championship say and knowing that on certain tracks you guna be 3 sec a lap slower 
    Unless custom championships explicitly forbid you from doing so (which would make no sense as you can even do it in single-race multiplayer lobbies), you should be able to make it so everyone picks the same car.
    Yep but 20 of exactly same car looks weird asf I know spec is technically equal cars but would be cool to have all classic cars racing each other without the huge gap in performance but maybe equal cars is tough with such diff eras etc looks like spec or lowering difficulty on certain tracks is only options