Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What team did you choose for career and why ?

So I'm interested in knowing what team career players have chosen why you picked that team, are you happy with your decision what path have you taken with development etc 

Comments

• CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Wheel Nut
    Renault. I keep restarting my career after each patch simply because i don't have a lot of tine to race so im normally only 3 or 4 races in by the time a patch come out. So i cant comment on the r&d progress but im running at 80% difficultly and i seem to find im always around the 9th to 13th mark and just about my team mate (palmer). Chose Renault because i want a half decent team but also i go by the setups that are posted on various f1 setup sites, i was going to go with Torro Rosso but i couldn't find many setups but people had posted a few for the Renault.  
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Well for my first season I was with Williams I mostly picked them because I thought midfield I don't want it too hard but not too easy either plus I've always liked the Williams team due to most of my favourite drivers racing for them. Although in Season 2 I did move to Ferrari modstly because I was having quiet a few interesting battles with Vettel in Season 1 and thought it might be interesting to see how things played out with us as teammates. It was an interesting 2nd season with which I won the championship quite easily in the end.. During the season I was with Williams I focused on the Chassis mostly as the car was quick but it went through tyres very quick and I really struggled t oget the tyre wear down. During my |Ferrari season it's mostly been engine upgrades as I found the Ferrari pretty good on it's tyres but was a bit of a gas guzzler in that it's not good at fuel saving. I'm hoping the upgrade I bought over the winter will help me solve that problem going into Season 3 when I do it. I'm at the start of Season 3 but haven't made any progress since then but I am still at Ferrari for that. Although I will likely leave Ferrari at the end of Season 3 though for a fresh challenge.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• sirio994sirio994 Member Unleaded
    Usually Renault and Williams are my go to team. Force India years ago. Haas was great to start last year. Thinking about a connected career this year (Toro Rosso to Red Bull or Sauber to Ferrari). 

McLaren is fascinating too.l, but requires a lot of patient...
  • moozi85moozi85 Member New Car Smell
    sirio994 said:
    Usually Renault and Williams are my go to team. Force India years ago. Haas was great to start last year. Thinking about a connected career this year (Toro Rosso to Red Bull or Sauber to Ferrari). 

McLaren is fascinating too.l, but requires a lot of patient...
    Mclaren would definitely be interesting now with 1.6 engine upgrade patch though I think it'll be a good few seasons before being able to achieve consistent top 10 finishes 
  • pijinpijin Member Co-Driver
    McLaren because I "#believe(d)inMcLarenHonda".. Though if they switch to Renault in real life, I'm gonna be switching to Force India soon, maybe after my 3rd season. 
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Wheel Nut
    McLaren honda sounded like a great partnership, pitty honda couldn't get its act together, real shame to see a name like McLaren struggling down the back