Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Xbox patch 1.6

madting22madting22 Member New Car Smell
i know CM needs to get the approval and everything's from Microsoft/Xbox but this is a joke. I'm so over waiting for it to be released to fix some important issues. The only time frame we have is "a day or so". It could come tonight or in a week. It's a joke. This is poor from CM. 

Comments

• pijinpijin Member Petrol Head
    Umm... if you get that CM needs Microsoft's approval, then this comment belongs in a Microsoft forum not Codemasters... I believe the system is they submit patches to MSFT or Sony, they approve, then Codies can set it live. Sony is faster, and unlike other publishers that wait and release all platforms at once, Codies releases patches as soon as they are approved. Consequence is PC approves first, Sony next, and Xbox last. It's always that way with Codies, and unless you harbor a selfish ambition that, if you on Xbox have to wait for the patch, so should PC and PS4, you should understand why.
  • madting22madting22 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 14
    pijin said:
    Umm... if you get that CM needs Microsoft's approval, then this comment belongs in a Microsoft forum not Codemasters... I believe the system is they submit patches to MSFT or Sony, they approve, then Codies can set it live. Sony is faster, and unlike other publishers that wait and release all platforms at once, Codies releases patches as soon as they are approved. Consequence is PC approves first, Sony next, and Xbox last. It's always that way with Codies, and unless you harbor a selfish ambition that, if you on Xbox have to wait for the patch, so should PC and PS4, you should understand why.
    You're an absolute melon mate. You don't understand my original comment. I know the process. Codemasters have Been very vague in actualy updating us with where they are at and when patches will be released. As paying customers and fans there is More they could be doing. And patch 1.5 was released at the same time on ps and xbox so take that opinion that Sony is faster and shove it mate. 
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    1.5 for Xbox was 1.4 & 1.5 combined. 1.4 for PS4 was 2 days before Xbox. 1.5 one day. So Sony is always faster.

I already made several complaints about it to Microsoft. Until now, no answer. 
  • moozi85moozi85 Member New Car Smell
    Not missing out on much some texture issues are still there some tracks are still dark etc etc 
  • Lewis44TheWinLewis44TheWin Member New Car Smell
    madting22 said:
    i know CM needs to get the approval and everything's from Microsoft/Xbox but this is a joke. I'm so over waiting for it to be released to fix some important issues. The only time frame we have is "a day or so". It could come tonight or in a week. It's a joke. This is poor from CM. 
    Xbox actually tests the patch prior to release, thus taking longer, this is fine with me as the xbox patches generally don't contain the problems you see with the patch on other systems.

moozi85 said:
    Not missing out on much some texture issues are still there some tracks are still dark etc etc 
    how is the qually now in career? Is it allot easier or just slightly?
  • mceci1mceci1 Member Unleaded
    madting22 said:
    Shut up or make a complaint to Microsoft, you know what's a joke the way the community is carrying on this year, it is nothing short of embarrassing. Codemasters aren't responsible for stupid Microsoft being the idiots that they are. I have tried to be polite in my comments, but this is just getting down right disgraceful
    madting22 said:
    Xbox actually tests the patch prior to release, thus taking longer, this is fine with me as the xbox patches generally don't contain the problems you see with the patch on other systems.

that's cool if that's the case. I didn't know that. But this is actually what my original post is about. CM could communicate this with us an be in contact with xbox with a timeframe and relay that also. How can you release a broken game and leave everyone that got it in the dark.

mceci1 said:
    madting22 said:
    Shut up or make a complaint to Microsoft, you know what's a joke the way the community is carrying on this year, it is nothing short of embarrassing. Codemasters aren't responsible for stupid Microsoft being the idiots that they are. I have tried to be polite in my comments, but this is just getting down right disgraceful
    wow. Are you dense or what. PS or pc fanboy? Is it microsofts fault that codemasters have made a total mess of their game? ****.

• mceci1mceci1 Member Unleaded
    Have an xbox myself, don't bother with PS4 and run PC only for race training. Name one thing that is a mess now and will be a mess in 6 months time, I cant think of a thing
    @mceci1 you are a legitimate idiot. : ).