Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Steering failure

Since patch 1.6 I have a problem. When steering into a corner it sometimes starts going staight again midcorner, while I'm still steering full left or right on my PS4 controller. I then have to release it a little and push it back to full again, before the car starts to steer again. It has caused me to crash many time, it looks like it happens on random moments. It happens most in longer, sharper corners. I thought my controller was broken, but I drove 10 laps on f1 2016 without it even happening once. Never happened before. I tried scrolling trough menus, but it keeps scrolling fine without stopping. But then it happens again ingame. It completly takes the fun out of the game!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• Jestifizzle77Jestifizzle77 Member New Car Smell
    Since patch 1.6 I have a problem. When steering into a corner it sometimes starts going staight again midcorner, while I'm still steering full left or right on my PS4 controller. I then have to release it a little and push it back to full again, before the car starts to steer again. It has caused me to crash many time, it looks like it happens on random moments. It happens most in longer, sharper corners. I thought my controller was broken, but I drove 10 laps on f1 2016 without it even happening once. Never happened before. I tried scrolling trough menus, but it keeps scrolling fine without stopping. But then it happens again ingame. It completly takes the fun out of the game!!!
    Having the exact same problem also with PS4 controller on PC. Particularly the Baku chicane just before the castle section, the car just fails to turn when you do the quick right hander and carries on going straight into the wall, even though you're applying full lock to the right.

• TheComedian97TheComedian97 Member New Car Smell
    It makes the game damn near unplayable. Every corner makes you nervous: is it gonna steer or not?
    @F1Support............................................
    @CmRachel..........................................
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    @DGreco
    steviejay69
    • Body is 33 characters too short.

You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    edited September 19
    Forum is being an arse. Body is 17 characters too short.

You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @TheComedian97, thank you for drawing our attention to the issue you’re having. Just to let you know that I’ve replied in this thread here:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57718/steering-issues-after-patch#latest