Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Understeer, you little tinker you :/

Bubbs28Bubbs28 Member New Car Smell
Really struggling big time with understeer through the high speed stuff at Mexico. 

Running a Macca in career, engine mostly upgraded, and a bit of weight reduction. To avoid getting passed like I've got the handbrake stuck on down the straights, I had to drop the rear wing to 2, set front at 4... but no matter what I do, I cannot get through the high speed kinks before the stadium without losing bags and bags of time. The car washes wide in high speed stuff, lacks traction out of slow stuff, and is like a lame horse down the straight.

Toe in. Toe out. Toe shake it all about. Camber, suspension, anti roll, differentials...  nothing seems to improve it and I'm now in that horrible place where you get lost with setup.

Past games, all the way back to F1GP in 1992, taught me that to reduce understeer you'd stiffen the rear and soften the front when it came to things like arb and springs. Plus more front wing = more grip. When GTR2 came out in the 2000s, there was a great setup guide with it too, so it's not like I don't have a Scooby....

But... I don't have a Scooby.  :( Lost. Totally lost. My 37 year old brain is flummoxed by this track, and I was really good at it in F1GP too! 

Maybe im too old for games now  :/ Anyone got any suspension / alignment settings they'd care to share for Mexico? Before my controller goes through the tv screen?  ;)

Comments

• SauloCirineuSauloCirineu Member Unleaded
    I am also suffering with understeer! I will be watching this thread for a nice solution.
  • SauloCirineuSauloCirineu Member Unleaded
    Try to loose your off throttle differential. Put it like 55 or 60%. It will help. And do not put ballast past 7. It helped me a lot.
  • Bubbs28Bubbs28 Member New Car Smell
    Lemme give that a go, just made it back around to Mexico :)
  • SteveHazSteveHaz Member New Car Smell
    Aarava seems pretty popular try this :-
    Mexico
    (Aero) 7, 7
    (Transmission) 85%, 60%
    (Suspension Geometry) -3.00, -1.00, 0.10, 0.35
    (Suspension) 7, 5, 8, 7, 5, 5
    (Brakes) 75%, 52%
    (Tyres) 23.0, 21.1
    (Weight Distribution) 7