Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Invitational event problem

When we are heading to invitational event in career after a race, we obviously have to choose one of two available options. Participating in these events helps in R&D tree wnich is great. But there is one pretty big problem. Since after completing one weekend we aren't able to supply one of the upgrades, we aren't allowed to supply them (if enough resource points) after a weekend with invitational event. That means if we are accumulating resurce points to use them for upgrades, after race X we aren't able to purchase that upgrade because there is invitational event, that causes 1 race/week delay in developing car further.
In my opinion it should be changed. Before choosing invitational event, we should be able to look into laptop and maybe purchase one of the upgrades and after that there'd be option to go to invitational event instead of going to next race.
Tagged:

Comments

• smudger1982smudger1982 Member New Car Smell
    When we are heading to invitational event in career after a race, we obviously have to choose one of two available options. Participating in these events helps in R&D tree wnich is great. But there is one pretty big problem. Since after completing one weekend we aren't able to supply one of the upgrades, we aren't allowed to supply them (if enough resource points) after a weekend with invitational event. That means if we are accumulating resurce points to use them for upgrades, after race X we aren't able to purchase that upgrade because there is invitational event, that causes 1 race/week delay in developing car further.
    In my opinion it should be changed. Before choosing invitational event, we should be able to look into laptop and maybe purchase one of the upgrades and after that there'd be option to go to invitational event instead of going to next race.
    ive already made them aware of this yesterday and was noted by @F1Support http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58283/tyre-allocation-after-invitational-event#latest
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    I'll raise this issue with the design team.