Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Some cars spark and some don't. (PC)

RigorousTigerRigorousTiger Member Unleaded
I know this might sound weird but I am a massive fan of when F1 cars spark. I really like the sparks in this game as theyare imo very realistic. However, from what I noticed the only cars that spark due to the track being uneven are the Ferraris and Renaults. This is both in offiline and online in any situation. The only time that other cars spark for me is when they go directly over big curbs and it is quite annoying. I really hope this gets fixed soon. I am running at least high settings for every graphics option so I doubt that is the problem.

Comments

• ShaunVdV1986ShaunVdV1986 Member New Car Smell
    I've seen Mercedes, Haas and sauber sparkle (ps4) 
    I guess it's ride height
  • Luke1991Luke1991 Member Pit Crew
    I seem to get most sparks from the Ferrari, haven’t really gone looking for them though (Xbox).
  • RigorousTigerRigorousTiger Member Unleaded
    After looking into it I realised that the Haas also sparks at times but still nowhere near enough. Sometimes in multiplayer all cars spark but not always and in singleplayer it's just the cars that I have mentioned. Looking through YouTube I have noticed that the same thing is happening for other people (even when they don't mention it/noticed themselves). It also can't be ride height as I have used the same setup in several cars and still only the mentioned cars spark. This is also proven by the Red Bulls not sparking at all, except when going over high crubs, even though they are known for their massive rake and large amount of sparks IRL.
  • RegmaesterRegmaester Member Wheel Nut
    I was at Interlagos this whole weekend and only saw Red Bull and Renault sparking. Might have missed any other car, but not every car had it. 

I guess not all cars use the same height. 
    I was at Interlagos this whole weekend and only saw Red Bull and Renault sparking. Might have missed any other car, but not every car had it. 

But still IRL all cars spark. Some spark more than other but still all of them do there. However, in the game this is not the case.
  • RegmaesterRegmaester Member Wheel Nut

But still IRL all cars spark. Some spark more than other but still all of them do there. However, in the game this is not the case.
    All cars could spark IRL because they all use the same  metal plate to do it.

but not every car hit the ground to cause the sparks. 
    All cars could spark IRL because they all use the same  metal plate to do it.

but not every car hit the ground to cause the sparks. 
    Well IRL pretty much all cars hit the ground. In the game it's like 2 or 3. Especially cars like Red Bull and McLaren should spark because of their rake and downforce. Cars that don't spark in the game don't even spark in areas where they always do IRL, no matter the setup (Eg ride height or rake)
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew
    edited November 13
    @RigorousTiger

Yes, the sparks are missing, audiovisuals are still not close to "perfection", the way Codemasters has been handling the whole forum and the F1 franchise itself it's safe to assume that this very likely won't be adressed as well unfortunately.

Why?

Because of Codies usual "tricks":

"Pay 50 - 70 bucks and or preorder F1 2018 to get the (INSERT ANY CRITICISM IN HERE) that you were desperately asking for, you filthy peasant!"

"Pay 50 - 70 bucks and or preorder F1 2018 to get the (INSERT ANY CRITICISM IN HERE) that you were desperately asking for, you filthy peasant!"
    That is why I'm not gonna pre-order F1 2018 and only buy it when stuff has been fixed, which probably will be never. Not a big loss anyways because of the halo  :D
  • path1337path1337 Member New Car Smell
    From what i know, amount of sparks depends on downforce and chassis setup. Cars with high downforce (Ferrari, Red bull) have many sparks, while Force India havent got that many. Just my opinion
    path1337 said:
    From what i know, amount of sparks depends on downforce and chassis setup. Cars with high downforce (Ferrari, Red bull) have many sparks, while Force India havent got that many. Just my opinion
    Then where are the sparks on the Red Bull, Mercedes and McLaren?