Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this" Malaysia GP

afrodude41afrodude41 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
Not sure what I want to see more more, Ferrari making a fool of themselves for the second race in a row, or Hamilton's engine blowing up again....
YouTube - Afro's Racing | Twitter - @afrosracing | PSN - afroripper98

Comments

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Oooooh, @afrodude41 broke the rule ;) 

Luckily this time if Hamilton’s engine blew and Vettel won he’d still be leading the WDC :) 
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Spoiler: Hamilton's engine blows, but then so does Vettel's.

Marcus Ericsson wins the race because Petronas does a heel turn on Mercedes to go back to their old love.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    It's the final Malaysian GP, I feel we're due a shock result like that to send it off with a bang. Come on Marcus!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    The first and only win for Mclaren Honda is on the cards surely?
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    My response to their tweet blew up and killed my notifications for a solid 24 hours. Still can't believe they said that...
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Malaysia is the most underrated circuit on the calendar. High attrition rate, unpredictable weather and probably in the top 3 for racing. I'm going to miss it. 

It's also one of Hamilton's least successful circuits. And one of Vettel's most successful. With Mercedes' likely to dominate Suzuka it's now or 2018 for Ferrari. 
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    SynGamer said:
    My response to their tweet blew up and killed my notifications for a solid 24 hours. Still can't believe they said that...
    Just had a look haha.. 2.4k likes! That's insane 
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Lukedfrt said:
    SynGamer said:
    Just had a look haha.. 2.4k likes! That's insane 
    Yeah, it was insane. The amount of people who said Max should have braked was what surprised me the most. When you look at the replays, it's clear VET and RAI were going to collide if they had properly cleared Max.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
    It's because it's Max. It was like that for Maldonado too, at some point he was getting blamed for accidents that legit weren't his fault.
    So Pierre Gasly is replacing Daniil Kvyat for Malaysia. Looks like telling the team to shut up and then crash 2 laps later, on two seperate occassions, is about all they could take from him.

Not that surprising, looking at his performances, but I don't think highly of Gasly as a talent either, so yeah. We'll see.
    Makes sense to get Gasly in there for a few races, it gives him time to get up to speed before a full on attack in 2018.

I felt bad for Kvyat when he was dropped by Red Bull last year, but you have to say he's just not delivered at all since then. Kvyat's doing a worse job against Sainz than even Palmer is against Hulkenberg, it's right for him to go.

But what are they gonna do for next year with Sainz leaving for Renault? There's no one in the young driver programme who's ready. Surely they can't keep Kvyat again. Personally I'd like to see Buemi have another crack at F1. I know he's been out of it for a few years, but he's still young at 28, has loads of experience from WEC and Formula E, and is a champion in both.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    That experience could help them with feedback to Honda for engine development too tbh. Buemi is not a bad pick with that in mind.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    MBKF1 said:
    Makes sense to get Gasly in there for a few races, it gives him time to get up to speed before a full on attack in 2018.

I felt bad for Kvyat when he was dropped by Red Bull last year, but you have to say he's just not delivered at all since then. Kvyat's doing a worse job against Sainz than even Palmer is against Hulkenberg, it's right for him to go.

But what are they gonna do for next year with Sainz leaving for Renault? There's no one in the young driver programme who's ready. Surely they can't keep Kvyat again. Personally I'd like to see Buemi have another crack at F1. I know he's been out of it for a few years, but he's still young at 28, has loads of experience from WEC and Formula E, and is a champion in both.
    I would love to see both Alguersuari and Buemi back in the team.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion

Well, they did it. They posted a full race on the official YouTube channel, and what a cracker it is, too. (Though, it is only going to be up for 19 days, so you know, better get those YouTube downloaders going!)

Here's hoping they post more classic races in the future. Or, you know, make their entire archive finally accessible.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    I love that old intro sequence. Brings back memories of when I was a toddler watching F1 with my dad!
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Clearly, given Merc's pace today, this championship is so over for Vettel. 
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    MBKF1 said:

I would love to see both Alguersuari and Buemi back in the team.
    Alguersuari has retired so won't be back, I'd like Da Costa to finally get a turn.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

You're doing this on purpose because, after Singapore, you're hoping you'll jinx Vettel into another DNF again, right?

I'm on to you Colt, they've fixed the drain. B)
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    I'd love to deny it, but we both know you're right.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Yeah, even Alonso was faster than them, so maybe he'll come back and take the title.