Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Unable to save my career mid-race plus 'You've been kicked for cheating' in multiplayer

Dear Codies,

it was last week. I was playing career (S2-Spain-Race) and at the end of lap 1 I saved my game. Later, after 10 laps, I had to go for a few minutes so I pressed 'save' in the menu. After I came back, I pressed 'B' on my pad too early, even before I was sitting. My car crashed badly so I decided to load my mid-game save. I assumed that my lap counter would show 10, but instead it showed 1. Something went wrong. So I raced another half of a lap and pressed 'save' again. Nothing happened-the symbol which means that the game was saving the current progess didn't appear. I got back to the main pause menu screen. I was able to exit, but with no progress made.
A day later, I checked it again. Nothing. So I decided to level online. No chance- the game kicked me from every multiplayer session I joined. 'You've been kicked for cheating' it said. I reinstalled with no result.
I am really dissapointed at the moment, because I am unable to play the game with motivation due to the ssaving issue. By the way, you should fix the multiplayer- I have a league and this is even worse compared to F1 2016. It won't be funny to organize with those bugs to be honest with you.

I hope you can fix it and PLEASE check other discussions with saving issues.

Thanks a lot- goodbye.

Hermann26
Tagged:

Comments

• CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @Hermann262, which platform are you on? 

• Hermann262Hermann262 Member New Car Smell
    Hello @CmRachel,

I am on PC, the version is 1.7.

Hermann26
  • PeeAgeZPeeAgeZ Member New Car Smell
    Every kind of mod causes the Saving and cheat glitch. If you installed anything that isnt a complete blank reinstall from steam than you get this bug. Thats why you cant mod this game. Delete the complete folder and then install it again then it should work.
    edited September 27
    @PeeAgeZ

As I wrote, I did not touch the game files but anyways...which folder is the right one I should delete and do I have to install the whole game again?

Hermann26
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    edited September 27
    @Hermann262 Try selecting "verify integrity of game files" and see if that fixes it for you.

Right click on F1 2017 in your Games Library -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game files.
    edited September 27
    @F1Support

Already did that twice, trying it the third time at the moment.

Hermann26
    @F1Support

It did not work at the third try as well.

Hermann26
    edited September 28
    Thanks for trying.  The next patch will have some changes to the save system in order to try and prevent this from happening, but we will continue to investigate.
    Post edited by F1Support on
    @F1Support

Thank you very much. :D Do u know in which week you are gonna publish the update?

Hermann26
    @F1Support

My saving issue has been fixed, but I really don't like the fact that I still can't play online due to fact that it still says: 'You've been kicked for cheating.'

As the last time: I never ever touched my files and I need help.

Hermann26

edited October 11
    F1Support said:
    @Hermann262 Try selecting "verify integrity of game files" and see if that fixes it for you.

Right click on F1 2017 in your Games Library -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game files.
    @Hermann262 did you do a verify of the game files too? If not do that.
    @F1Support

Yes, I did that twice. Before 1.9 and after 1.9.

Hermann26
  • BilalBMBilalBM Member New Car Smell
    Hello,

Just chiming in, I had this problem and I managed to somehow fix it. I just checked the file integrity of the game through steam. It found some errors and downloaded the new files.

Since then, the multiplayer has not kicked me.

Hopefully this helps other people too.
    Hermann262 are you running overclocking software or similar? If the game files are all correct then there must be an external program triggering a false positive in the anti cheat code. You will have to do some investigation to see if you can find the culprit I'm afraid.