Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

McLaren Team Mate not getting engine updates?

Is it true that McLaren team mate is not getting the engine updates in career mode?

It would explain why I am moving away from Alonso and what I have seen on YouTube.

If yes is it just McLaren and is there a planned fix.

Thank you

Best Answers

Answers

• RegmaesterRegmaester Member Unleaded
    edited September 26
    I think that a real thing because I am playing on 107 difficulty and I am at least 1 sec ahead of Fernando On race fastest lap. And he is much slower on straight line than me. 
  • DolphinGrayA4DolphinGrayA4 Member Unleaded
    Same issue with me. I can beat Fernando consistently, and his race pace sucks.
  • akinozdemirakinozdemir Member Unleaded
    I experience this. First season was OK, then I started to upgrade engine, I’m now far faster but Alonso is still very slow.
  • Laurent701Laurent701 Member Unleaded
    edited September 26
    Oh, that's Sound not good.
    What about other teammates from oder teams?
    So, no wonder that both mclaren stay slow along career mode when driving by AI! 
    Hope they fix this 
  • cheekymunkey78cheekymunkey78 Member New Car Smell
    Raalte said:
    Thank you.

What is interesting is that it looks like it has not been confirmed as a bug  but codemasters are looking in to it but it has been suggested it is affecting other teams.

Has anyone else from a non-McLaren career experiencing this?
  • RaalteRaalte Member Co-Driver
    I think they are looking in/working on it and fix it in 1.8
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member New Car Smell
    edited September 26
    Same, its so cringeworthy they make such a solid driver bad, he backs out of every corner another AI is with him on too with me, I've tried helping to get Alonso his first point by holding off the rest of the pack and he just stops beside me while everyone else goes by..
    I have unlocked every power upgrade and started adding Aero and he is still just ahead of Saubers and sometimes Palmer but no other change, my power increase actually allows me to stay on the Mercedes and get their slip stream!

Good to hear there should be a fix cause he should be in points regularly unless the car fails lol! Hopefully they up Stroll too cause he is improving quite well lately. And lower Magnussen and Kvyat as they are regularly scoring points every season while their far more successful partners are very rarely anywhere near points.
  • nsx98nsx98 Member New Car Smell
    Same, its so cringeworthy they make such a solid driver bad, he backs out of every corner another AI is with him on too with me, I've tried helping to get Alonso his first point by holding off the rest of the pack and he just stops beside me while everyone else goes by..
    I have unlocked every power upgrade and started adding Aero and he is still just ahead of Saubers and sometimes Palmer but no other change, my power increase actually allows me to stay on the Mercedes and get their slip stream!

Good to hear there should be a fix cause he should be in points regularly unless the car fails lol! Hopefully they up Stroll too cause he is improving quite well lately. And lower Magnussen and Kvyat as they are regularly scoring points every season while their far more successful partners are very rarely anywhere near points.
    I agree he should have the best AI along with Vettel and Hamilton and for me aswel backs out of every corner and does not attempt to pass anyone. The whole reason I picked McLaren was to return them to glory and do it alongside one of the greatest ever and a double world champion who would consistently score regular points and maybe win a constructors once the car has been upgraded which mine has. Competing for podiums and victories with Alonso would make it feel the more fun and realistic. Hope this gets fixed it's sad to see such a great driver finish dead last nearly every race. Glad I'm not the only one who was having this problem!
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    How the hell did they even mess this up so badly? It was completely fine in 2016 for every driver.
  • SASColferSASColfer Member Wheel Nut
    I can confirm this. I've got McLaren to be the fastest car on the performance bar now but stoffel still qualifies consistently in the midfield.
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    SASColfer said:
    I can confirm this. I've got McLaren to be the fastest car on the performance bar now but stoffel still qualifies consistently in the midfield.
    Can you post a screenshot? Would love to see this.
  • patronaspatronas Member Unleaded
    Raalte said:
    Thank you.

What is interesting is that it looks like it has not been confirmed as a bug  but codemasters are looking in to it but it has been suggested it is affecting other teams.

Has anyone else from a non-McLaren career experiencing this?
    Im  with force india 4th fastest car on chart about to be 3rd when next major upgrade comes and having no problem with perez he been  beating the redbulls even thow the are slightly ahead on chart wat have noticed thow is no team has over took another all seem to have same type of gap atvstart of career and onto 4th season were ud think the likes of renault would be mkving up the order quicker than others 
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Coffer said:
    How the hell did they even mess this up so badly? It was completely fine in 2016 for every driver.
    Really? Every line of code you add has the potential to introduce bugs. The only way to avoid any chance of new bugs would have been to ship F1 2016 again.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
    SASColfer said:
    Can you post a screenshot? Would love to see this.
    Will post one when I'm home.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member New Car Smell
    It is true, with power alone on R&D I can match the Mercedes on a straight line and draft for an overtake, have to fight hard but its doable.. Then my engine fails.. No but seriously it is doable in a McLaren.
  • WynterdustWynterdust Member Team Principal
    I personally think that the Mclaren with all of the power upgrades with the exception of the ultimate should be how they start season 1. (It puts them in between the Renault powered cars and Sauber which is about right although Sauber should then also be increased to the same level as Mclaren).
    A maxed Mclaren (100% powertrain upgrades) is level with Season 1 Round 1 Mercedes powered teams which isn't very fun considering they will also be upgrading. To compensate for the increase in performance they should have their durability reduced a little to start off.

On Alonso, he should be fighting around 11th-16th straight away from Season 1 Round 1 (Considering he would have scored points in the first three rounds had the engine reached the end) . Basically, where Mclaren's are in the wet conditions at the moment (anywhere between 9th and 16th), they should also be in the dry rather than 17th/18th every time.

Hopefully they fix the fact your team mate doesn't get the upgrades in the next patch. Only seems to be the case with Mclaren.

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

If you're not messing with that specific code or any of its required dependencies you shouldn't have any issues. The fact that this is happening after thye supposedly "fixed" the bug for the players in the first place is a telltale sign of incompetence, and if it's the case that the values were only updated for the player and there are separate sets of values for the player and the AI, that's some pretty obvious code smell right there.
    edited September 29
    As requested, screenshots. You can see that my team-mate is significantly lower than me in what is supposed to be the best car. My engine power is fully developed. @F1Support @jennyannem
    @SASColfer, are you sure that's because of the engine though? Vandoorne's stats are significantly lower than those of the Ferrari and Mercedes drivers. Sochi generally greatly favors Merc while Vettel, from what I know, has max stats.