Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Full Screen not Displaying Full Screen.

Hey guys and girls,

As the title states when I click full screen or ALT + ENTER to Full screen I get a bordered game displayed, what do I mean by bordered? I get a big black border going round the display.
I've tried taking a picture of this using Steam, DxTory and even ALT + PRT SCR nothing captures the Black Border round it.

I get a bigger picture playing in windowed mode.
The resolution is obviously set to 1920 x 1080 I'm not stupid there, and I get no trouble with any other game just DIRT Rally.

So who's got suggestions on things I can try to fix this? because I'm enjoying this game but playing in windowed mode ain't going to cut it for me and need that full screen display.
Processor: AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 | Videocard: AMD HD 7950 | Gamepad: Logitech G25 + Clubsport V2 |
Network Card: Asus PCE-N15 Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Sound Card/Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 | Monitor/s: Asus VN247H 24" Super Narrow Bezel
Memory: Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 16GB DDR3 | PSU: OCW 650W | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G510 + Madcatz R.A.T 3 | OS: Windows 7 x64

Comments

• thetone79thetone79 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015
    Hi there,
    I have a similar issue to you.
    Although I am getting no picture at all via hdmi when I go fullscreen. I have heard of issues with nvidia mobile gpus not being able to go fullscreen but I am running a 660ti and i7 config. Any ideas or possibly just an early bug?

Chillisteak - i think you might need to look in the ATI catalyst settings and look at the scan set up? 

Yes I have set resolution to 1920x1080 in game and also checked the nvidia control panel to make sure it was also the same. All other games play perfectly on the same set up so i hoping this is just a Dirt Rally bug to begin with.

*Epic game though so far (playing in windowed mode for now) - Kudos to Codies for this one!
    thanks for help in advance
  • chillisteakchillisteak Member New Car Smell
    Ok no idea what caused my issue but after playing around with every display option I could find and nothing working I was left with only one option.
    Un-install the game.......and then reinstall it. Guess what that did? absolutely nothing at all! same freaking problem!

So I restarted my PC you know the good old off and on again PC Repair advice lol
    That seemed to work for me, but I have no idea what caused the issue or really how to fix it if it happens again. So I'd still like suggestions if anyone has any.

Thetone79 I tried the overscan options but they did nothing for game play just my desktop.
    Processor: AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 | Videocard: AMD HD 7950 | Gamepad: Logitech G25 + Clubsport V2 |
    Network Card: Asus PCE-N15 Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Sound Card/Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 | Monitor/s: Asus VN247H 24" Super Narrow Bezel
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 16GB DDR3 | PSU: OCW 650W | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G510 + Madcatz R.A.T 3 | OS: Windows 7 x64
  • thetone79thetone79 Member New Car Smell
    I definetely think its an early bug as many people are having similar issues with full screen / bordered windows. Lets hope they fix it soon
    thetone79 said:
    I definetely think its an early bug as many people are having similar issues with full screen / bordered windows. Lets hope they fix it soon
    Speaking to someone about this issue on the Steam forums and he advised changing from 50hz and 60hz sorted the problem for him.
  • SpacelionSpacelion Member New Car Smell
    I had a similar problem where the game was bordered in fullscreen, this is a reoccurring problem for me. The fix at the moment is when you start the game to change the option to fullscreen > off then turn it back on to fullscreen >on and it works every time.
    Spacelion said:
    I had a similar problem where the game was bordered in fullscreen, this is a reoccurring problem for me. The fix at the moment is when you start the game to change the option to fullscreen > off then turn it back on to fullscreen >on and it works every time.
    yeah tried that, didn't work for me, thankfully mind the problem hasn't returned so I'm currently enjoying the game more 
  • StorkmankmkStorkmankmk Member New Car Smell
    edited October 30
    Was a solution ever found? Cmon Codemasters either fix the problem or give us a work around. I'm using an 144Hz monitor & having issues with full screen playing as well. I've tried a few different things but nothing has worked still. I'm also running at 2560x1440 resolution as monitor supports that natively.