Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Driver Change Update?

Will Codemasters make Gasly available in the next update,  so you can drive with Sainz, Kwyat, ans Gasly? But they dient make it with Giovinazzi either:-(

Answers

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Won't happen, they didn't switched Haryanto either last year.
    yeah not likely to happen I'm afraid.CM tend to only do things like that while the game is in production but seeing as it's now left  that and is out in the wild it's harder for them to do.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• rabbitbAJrabbitbAJ Member Unleaded
    No it will not happen                                           
    At the start of the race my rival said he would beat me, I said ' !@#*£ please' and then beat him by fifteen seconds.  
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    rabbitbAJ said:
    No it will not happen                                           
    Agreed. They'd have to pay for someone to go and get the headscans.

So that will be a no.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Wheel Nut
    Pretty sure Lee Mather said before that they tend to stick to the drivers who have been with the teams the longest over the course of the season. Highly unlikely that they’ll change any of the drivers now unfortunately.
  • MaxBartle92MaxBartle92 Member New Car Smell
    They have to get more licences for the young or reserve drivers soon. That would make the game more authentic and they could react to changes during the Season.
  • RaalteRaalte Member Co-Driver
    Pretty sure Lee Mather said before that they tend to stick to the drivers who have been with the teams the longest over the course of the season. Highly unlikely that they’ll change any of the drivers now unfortunately.

That's what Lee said last year when people were asking about Haryanto/Ocon. 
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Wheel Nut
    Lee replied to someone asking about driver swaps on Twitter a few weeks ago  ... “We tend to retain the driver who has spent the most time with the team, unless they'd prefer otherwise, and we actually have a driver model.”

that last part is a bit teasing though isn’t it :smiley:
  • bkfountbkfount Member New Car Smell
    They'd have to head scan for cutscenes and get new commentary. Understandable.
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Wheel Nut
    And that my friends means they should add Formula 2 to the game and add 3. Driver for everyteam.. Problem solved. 
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    I actually find it pretty realistic. I agree with Lee Mather. Plus it would require an option or at least they should leave those who were in Melbourne for carreer mode (it wouldn't be realistic...the fictional carreer starts with Melbourne 2017)
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    Giovinazzi was a momentary substitution. Gasly the same. It seems Kwyat will come back to the wheel...
  • rabbitbAJrabbitbAJ Member Unleaded
    sirio994 said:
    Giovinazzi was a momentary substitution. Gasly the same. It seems Kwyat will come back to the wheel...
    Only while Gasly is racing Super Formula 
    At the start of the race my rival said he would beat me, I said ' !@#*£ please' and then beat him by fifteen seconds.