Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WE WANT GRID 4! - Main Thread

fi5h1fishyfi5h1fishy Member New Car Smell
Hello, and my name is Racer Fi5h. GRID Autosport was a brilliant game indeed, but nobody wants the series to end there. Yes, were all thinking it. WE WANT GRID 4! 

I've played practically every game that CodeMasters have released, and I can tell you, they are all good in my books. But GRID? Thats something special. I feel ashamed to say it, but since GRID 1, the amount of players has only declined, and we've honestly got to stop this. Would you like to know how? Well its pretty simple. Releasing another GRID, whilst taking the opinions of the community will make GRID 4 (If it ever gets produced) the best Racing game to ever be born from CodeMasters. I've decided to make this thread for opinions and ideas that the community would like to implement within GRID 4, and perhaps we can save the GRID series, and atleast finish the series on a game that will never be forgotten. Along with me and you guys, we can make the racing game we've all been waiting for, and all we need is for CodeMasters to hear me and you guys out.

I'm gonna get straight to the point. GRID 1? Everyone loved it. The graphics were good. The tracks were good. The campaign was good. Do you know why people loved it in particular? They loved it due to the sheer amount of detail that was put into it, and the fact that high quality interior textures were implemented also. 

GRID 2? It was loved, but not so much. The graphics were also good. The tracks were also good. Do you know why people didn't love it as much? NO INTERIORS! The game had a very similar feel to GRID 1, but it just didn't give the fans what they wanted.

GRID Autosport? I loved it personally. But the same can't be said about the majority of people. The graphics were more than good. The tracks were more than good. They even included interiors (Which I must mention could be compared to textures produced in Minecraft, but thats besides the point!). But do you know what they missed out? THE ARCADE/ACTION FEEL THAT THE PREVIOUS GAMES HAD! 

Don't get the wrong end of the stick Codemasters, each GRID has something that everyone loves, but you miss a vital feature every time! GRID 2 would have been perfect if there were interiors! Autosport is in-fact great, but it doens't have the feel of the previous 2 games. I recall browsing through the GRID 2 forums back in the day, seeing threads upon threads of how people wanted the next GRID (That being GRID Autosport) to be more "Simulation like". NO! Thats why you buy Assetto Corsa! GRID wasn't born to be a simulation game, it was born to be a game full of action and the feeling of being a champion, which is exactly what GRID 1 gave to us! 

For those who have actually read up to this point, and are agreeing with what I have to say, then that is great, because I believe that together we can make the next and most likely the final GRID something to remember! Here are a list of features from the Top of my head I would like to see within the next GRID. I understand that many of you probably don't agree with me as everyone has an opinion of their own, so leave it hear! We need to show Codemasters what we want, and we want them to produce a game that will be played for eternity!

What we would like to see in GRID 4: 
-A slightly larger selection of Tracks and vehicles. The vehicles and Tracks that have been implemented into the previous GRIDS have been brilliant, and the standard of these Cars and tracks should be kept.

-CAR INTERIORS! One of the most important factors of a racing game is that you have an experience which is life like, and this is practically impossible if work is not done to the interiors of the vehicles within the game. People loved the cockpits which were featured in GRID 1, so I believe that should be a feature that should also be dragged into GRID 4. 

-WE DONT WANT SIMULATION! We want a game which makes you sweat upon completing races, and gives you a feeling of success and victory upon winning. We want opponents to drive like headless chickens, that aren't afraid to leave dents and scratches on your vehicle! The 1 feature within GRID 1 that made it special for me was the feeling of action whilst racing. (Music, Speed, etc.) 

-We want a Career mode which will leave you with memories that you will never forget. GRID 1 had a brilliant storyline in which you started from the bottom, and eventually reached the top being a champion. This also applies for GRID 2 also. However I didn't get this feeling when playing Autosport due to the lack of dialogue, cutscenes, and the whole thrill of winning! 

-Text-Chat within Multiplayer. Multiplayer is very fun and thrilling, but the only problem is the lack of communication between players. I mean, they're may be voice chat, but the feature is rarely used, and lobbies tend to be filled with silence. Having the implementation of Text-Chat allows players to talk to eachother, and bring the whole community together as a whole, rather than racing with your mouth taped up! 

So there we have it! The features that I believe should be within the next GRID. But I can't get my point across alone. I need the communities help. If you have any brilliant ideas or simple want Codemasters to hear you out, then post to your hearts content here! Lets make the next GRID legendary! 

Comments

• NWRChargerNWRCharger Member Wheel Nut
    Personally I think it's a good idea to leave it a year or two, grid autosport is an amazing game but it  brought a lot of disaster. It's a good idea to talk about in now as many more ideas can be published by the community. Plus there's F1 and dirt to be focused on. There's nothing I'd love more than another grid game though.  I still say remake grid 1 :)
    NWR opening for new members! Interested in joining?  Message me :)

• Charlie16Charlie16 Member New Car Smell
    i would like grid 4 but with a simulation feel as codies have FINALLY stopped making mainstream crap!! codies with f1 and dirt are going for simulation which is what the majority, including me, want as codies have done it before before they started to cater the masses instead of the few that want a realistic game like pcars! i too loved grid 1 but the sequel went FAR too mainstream! autosport came out when i had just switched to ps4 so never got the chance to play it!? codies have spent too long getting bad things right and good things wrong! the reason dirt rally is in early access so the team can work with the REAL fans, not the everyday casual racer< to get the experiance we want finnaly correct and with both dirt and f1 both going down a more simulated route i can only think that if there was a dirt 4 it would be as difficult as pcars to drive!
  • FlashStealthFlashStealth Member Wheel Nut

They don't know anymore how make a good grid, is a waste of time.
    I think if we want a good grid game, just ask to remake the grid1 with next gen graphics, and tons of new car and tracks with dlc.
    Its all we need.
    FLASH-TEAM Community: 
    Steam | Site | Facebook | forum | 
  • fi5h1fishyfi5h1fishy Member New Car Smell
    hola said:
    We want opponents to drive like headless chickens, that aren't afraid to leave dents and scratches on your vehicle! The 1 feature within GRID 1 that made it special for me was the feeling of action whilst racing. (Music, Speed, etc.) 
    quit reading right there

go play dirt showdown dude
    Just thought i'd let you know, but I've already played Showdown, and I enjoyed it. But GRID is my life! ;) 
    Personally I think it's a good idea to leave it a year or two, grid autosport is an amazing game but it  brought a lot of disaster. It's a good idea to talk about in now as many more ideas can be published by the community. Plus there's F1 and dirt to be focused on. There's nothing I'd love more than another grid game though.  I still say remake grid 1 :)
    I agree with you also man! Perhaps leaving Codemasters to brainstorm for a few years will miraculously brew up the best racing game ever, but we can only hope! ;) 
    Charlie16 said:
    i would like grid 4 but with a simulation feel as codies have FINALLY stopped making mainstream crap!! codies with f1 and dirt are going for simulation which is what the majority, including me, want as codies have done it before before they started to cater the masses instead of the few that want a realistic game like pcars! i too loved grid 1 but the sequel went FAR too mainstream! autosport came out when i had just switched to ps4 so never got the chance to play it!? codies have spent too long getting bad things right and good things wrong! the reason dirt rally is in early access so the team can work with the REAL fans, not the everyday casual racer< to get the experiance we want finnaly correct and with both dirt and f1 both going down a more simulated route i can only think that if there was a dirt 4 it would be as difficult as pcars to drive!
    Its a really difficult choice really. I mean a simulation approach would result in a more realistic game, but an arcade feel would be less realistic, but alot more fun. Perhaps CodeMasters should just make a hybrid of a simulation and an Arcade game, and perhaps it would be a success, you never know! :smile: 

They don't know anymore how make a good grid, is a waste of time.
    I think if we want a good grid game, just ask to remake the grid1 with next gen graphics, and tons of new car and tracks with dlc.
    Its all we need.
    gaski said:
    What made the orignal grid good was no car setups, no tuning, the ability to text chat and spectate when you join a lobby.  It has been repeated a thousand times over yet ignored in each release after it. 
    Perhaps you guys are entirely right. WE JUST NEED TO RECREATE GRID 1! 

I mean if CodeMasters can't do it, then perhaps we will have to! ;) 
  • DarhourDarhour Member Pit Crew
    Just spare them more time to deliver you a flawless game. 
  • scarl3td3vilscarl3td3vil Member Unleaded
    I stopped reading as soon as you said "We need GRID 4!", because first off, you don't speak for me. I say that somewhat ironically even though one of my topics is "from the perspective of a rookie".

Second: The first GRID is very much put on a pedestal by the community, seen as the most flawless GRID of them all. This is true if you played multiplayer. I did not play multiplayer and do not plan on it. But looking back on it, I have a lot of issues with it. The cars are stupid fast and either have extreme understeer or somewhat more easier to manage (somehow!) oversteer, with little in-between. Cars didn't really have character.

Third: Simulation-style games don't have to be counter to fun. I've driven plenty of arcade racers that weren't nearly as fun as they suggested; Split Second and Flatout 3 are some examples I can think of immediately. GRID Autosport ruined GRID 1 for me because I could drive the cars (mostly) with proper lines, braking, so on. That and the lack of a brown filter have probably colored my opinion a tad, but still. Hell, this is stretching it a bit, but if you think Autosport is sim, then all three Dirt games before Showdown are sim-style too, and those are all shining examples of GREAT "sim-style" games.

• AndiAndi Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    You obviously haven't been around these forums long, there is a reason why GRID Autosport went towards simulation just as DIRT Rally is a simulation game. Why is that? Because people WANT SIMULATION.

Just like how DIRT Showdown and GRID 2 flopped and the Formula 1 series is on the path to extinction (check out the f1 forums if you don't know what I mean). Codemasters have gone away from what made them successful,  remember TOCA series? Richard Burns rally? Those were successful racing games, simulation based racing games and both put Codemasters on the gaming map for racing.
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited May 2015
    yeah exactly we want the new Grid game be closer to sim as DIRT rally is..
  • XoxFlukeXoxXoxFlukeXox Member Wheel Nut
    I disagree... I think there's a huge gap in the market for decent simcades, Grid Autosport plugged the gap nicely.

There are plenty of sims around already so I hope they stick with the same physics model should they make another Grid.

Team NSR

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2015
    I disagree... I think there's a huge gap in the market for decent simcades, Grid Autosport plugged the gap nicely.

There are plenty of sims around already so I hope they stick with the same physics model should they make another Grid.
    Ok i like too the Grid's physics model and handling , but as the most players are happy with new towards to sim model of DIRT RALLY i think the same will happen with GRID series..  In my opinion now its the time that codies must do the big step to create a pure competitor (not necessary under GRID tag , maybe a new franchise)  to GRAN TURISMO - FORZA series.
    Many cars and tracks , customization , much content , are some of feature of these games...
    And if you are PC user i dont really see any realy good sim game ... I have Assetto Corsa it is supposed to be sim game but the handling is too drifty for any car , weird physics , terrible PC sim game style menus and interface that i have already abandoned..
    Project Cars?Its not sim at all , too bad colission physics , few cars , unplayable open wheel cars  with gamepad at least giving definately a disapointment feeling.. :( I desperately want a game like GT and FORZA in PC and i think only company can offer it is CM.. Also i believe that codies must stop releases like f1 stars , toybox , dirt showdown  and to make an AAA quality competotor of NFS.. Can be open world or city tracks pint to point course , handling physics like GRID 2 , police to chasse you etc i stably believe that codies could make such a game better than NFS current developers...
    Also yesterday i installed after much tiome GRID 2 and GRID 1 on steam and i noticed for once more that GRID 1 is still the best , probably the best racing t least for pc the last 10 years..Ii almost hated GRID 2 for not being simcade but just aracde game ). GAS is in good direction good and much content , nice structure but the colission  physics are not as good as in GRID 1  also the handling is smoother is GRID 1 ... For an other time i would say (many have already ask for this) CM to reopen GRID'1  servers i can not understand why is this so difficult, as for example DIRT 3 moved for GFWL to steam servers and CM pay for servers for games like F1 stars , Toybox , dirt showdown which the online was a desert since first months of release for each game....
    But ok i am fun of GRID series in any case , i would like also it keeps the same simcade style we loved. :D
  • GannonmanGannonman Member New Car Smell
    I think that they should drag back custom livaries and teams, also the teammate command system because that makes it a lot easier to pull team wins. And I want custom livaries because I liked the feeling of having my own team in career and online because that seperates you from the rest and you become independent, something they removed with grid autosport
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
    This is what I said in a previous post.

If they do make another GRID game for Next-Gen they should bring back the cool art and garage style from GRID 2. GRID 2 felt so real in a sense that I was actually a star racer forming a new series. GRID 2 also had more event types in the career and I felt more connected to characters. Don't get me wrong I also love GAS but I think for the next GRID game they should combine GAS and GRID 2. GAS Handeling and GRID 2 pizazz. Plus they should add live action cut scenes, that would be so cool! I wish you could all see whats in my head, I think you would all like it  D! I wish I could make my own GRID game.

P.S. They should add pit-stops for people who want longer races and make it so that you can earn cash, buy cars and upgrade them. Plus visual customization would be nice to. 3 3 3

I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
  • afrikaafrika Member New Car Smell
    Please make another Grid or a remake, Project cars is so crap and buggy, F1 is a bit of a shame and the rest arent worth mentioning. listen to your community and make it and finish it it before release (dig at SMS and Ian 'arrogant bast#@d' Bell). PC has beautiful graphics but that hasnt stopped the backlash directed towards sms because of the bugs, crappy lobby selection, sterile feeling. if you make grid as smooth as the 360 version you WILL corner the market. personally Grid 2 was my fave. playability and smoothness first, varied locations and a variety of cars second, everything else falls into place. I want to be wowed by playing something not just by seeing it. it has a great following and any proper ca game I play, all I hear is "remember Grid", "I wish they made another Grid". So, for our sake make it, for business sake  make it and if marketed right will make you rich but if you mess it up there will be problems as it is such a cult game and backlash a la Project cars but worse. MAKE IT, MAKE IT NOW, START PLANNING AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS DAMN MESSAGE AND SAVE US FROM THESE JOHNNY COME LATELYS.
  • afrikaafrika Member New Car Smell
    yES, AND LIVERIES ARE IMPORTANT, EVERYBODY LIKES TO FEEL INDIVIDUAL.