Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WE WANT GRID 4! - Main Thread

Comments

• SRS13Rastus1701SRS13Rastus1701 Member Pit Crew
    I was gonna say the same thing lol. Grid 2 was drift to win pure arcade racing, Grid 1 was a halfway house as is GAS.
    Grid 2 is way more like NFS Shift than GAS is. It's pure arcade gameplay and totally unrealistic, this was the reason 99% of the "Gridders" from the old days dumped it.
    We'd been asking for a new Grid for years while CM produced Dirt 1,2 &3, asking for the same handling but better GFX, more cars, more tracks etc...

Instead we got Grid 2 and most of us hated it. GAS was a direct result of the roasting we gave CM in the last forums, even then GAS isn't perfect (by any stretch of the imagination) with Upgrades not doing anything at all to change car performance (CM admitted this and told us a fix was coming then they dumped all support and left us hanging in the breeze..... Not for the 1st time either... F1 online the game....... Dirt showdown........ etc

Thanks to CM's recent history of repeatedly taking our cash for a broken product and then refusing to fix it I'm not bothered if CM DO make a GAS 2, Grid 4 or whatever, I'll not be pre-ordering any GAS title without a demo I can try out 1st.

TBH I've been playing Forza Apex on PC and suspect the next full game Turn 10 put out will make GAS2/G4 a waste of time and money. Why?
    As per recent CM games it'll have very few tracks or cars and I doubt it'll ever work as it should and then CM will dump any support for it like they have with the current game.....
    It seems I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....:D
  • CobraGamerCobraGamer Member New Car Smell
    I was gonna say the same thing lol. Grid 2 was drift to win pure arcade racing, Grid 1 was a halfway house as is GAS.
    Grid 2 is way more like NFS Shift than GAS is. It's pure arcade gameplay and totally unrealistic, this was the reason 99% of the "Gridders" from the old days dumped it.

Yes, but GRID2 didn't try to be more realistic as GAS did. But hey, it's only my opinion :)

• CosCos Member New Car Smell
    Well, the game is still being played to death by a whole bunch of regulars, and even some new playa's. Was talking to some new American friends earlier, and one of them remarked that, being able to play with people on the other side of the planet, and hold a conversation was amazing. I had to agree and add, that GAS has been the most influential in community connection for me (70% of my full steam friends list i met on GAS)
    Not a brown nose, just a genuine, thank you very much, and keep up the good work. ;) 
  • CapitalJJCapitalJJ Member New Car Smell
    Cos said:
    Well, the game is still being played to death by a whole bunch of regulars, and even some new playa's. Was talking to some new American friends earlier, and one of them remarked that, being able to play with people on the other side of the planet, and hold a conversation was amazing. I had to agree and add, that GAS has been the most influential in community connection for me (70% of my full steam friends list i met on GAS)
    Not a brown nose, just a genuine, thank you very much, and keep up the good work. ;) 
    I wish I had a gaming PC that could handle GAS, because there's hardly anyone left playing it on Xbox 360. Its still my favorite racing game to play, and after playing the Forza Horizon 2 demo and Forza 6 demo for Xbox one, I actually still liked the handling in GAS better. I'm not bored with GAS yet, so I'm not ready to buy Forza, but a new GRID game would be really cool.
  • CosCos Member New Car Smell
    CapitalJJ said:
    Cos said:
    I wish I had a gaming PC that could handle GAS, because there's hardly anyone left playing it on Xbox 360. Its still my favorite racing game to play, and after playing the Forza Horizon 2 demo and Forza 6 demo for Xbox one, I actually still liked the handling in GAS better. I'm not bored with GAS yet, so I'm not ready to buy Forza, but a new GRID game would be really cool.
    You should be able to get a decent AMD to play GAS. Probably the same price as a console, and cheaper than a phone. I'm running an AMD A10 3.4 with 8 gig of ram. Less than 700 euro's. Admittedly i have a 3 gig gtx 660, but i get great fps in most games at high to ultra. So cheaper set up and mid graphics should do ya. ;)
  • CapitalJJCapitalJJ Member New Car Smell
    Cos said:
    CapitalJJ said:
    Cos said:
    You should be able to get a decent AMD to play GAS. Probably the same price as a console, and cheaper than a phone. I'm running an AMD A10 3.4 with 8 gig of ram. Less than 700 euro's. Admittedly i have a 3 gig gtx 660, but i get great fps in most games at high to ultra. So cheaper set up and mid graphics should do ya. ;)
    One of these days, when I have the money, I'll buy a gaming PC, or build one, but I just don't have the money right now.
  • CaptainJackCaptainJack Member Wheel Nut
    edited June 2016

They don't know anymore how make a good grid, is a waste of time.
    I think if we want a good grid game, just ask to remake the grid1 with next gen graphics, and tons of new car and tracks with dlc.
    Its all we need.
    Hi, Jo . . . good to see one of the old guard still breathing, lol.
    We gave up long ago with wanting another Grid like Grid 1, it ain't going to happen . . . Grid 1 was a 'one-off', you can't repeat what has already been because its been done. This is why the Grid games which followed could never have the original 'wow' factor.
    The guys on our gaming site are into Dirt Rally, a game CM definitely got right.
    My tag on the site is, eras.

Post edited by CaptainJack on
  • CaptainJackCaptainJack Member Wheel Nut
    edited June 2016
    RubyRuby said:
    Codies did keep up support for G2 for quite awhile and made at least an attempt to restore some of the missing features from GRID.  Derby, and sort of a cockpit view.  But . . . it still isn't the sequel to GRID we had been waiting for.

CobraGamer's 12:03 post bears out my opinion that many GRID fans want too many contradictory features in a sequel for Codies to make one that won't disappoint big sectors of the fan base.  A major factor to me is GRID's simplicity.  It's Race Driver, and "It's all about the race."  It's about driving, not about engineering or tuning, not about customizing.  Racing games that provide all that detail are all over the place.  GRID is not one of them.  GRID dared to do less, by focusing on the race itself, and ended up doing more.  My opinion.
    Hi Frank, the endless argument still continues, lol . .
    I can see the future headlines, "we want Grid 42" . . ." we want Grid 43".
  • RubyRubyRubyRuby Member Unleaded
    I think you're right, even though if we each got the game we wanted nobody would recognize it as a GRID game - we would still be hollering for a GRID sequel.
  • lolrock4lolrock4 Member New Car Smell
    I'd like it to go the route of ToCA Race Driver 3, be a smorgasbord of racing disciplines all under one roof, nothing more challenging than going from GT to trucks, to single seaters, etc.

Of course, if you could license the BTCC in some capacity, that'd help; I read elsewhere the issue might be that the series, cars and tracks would all need licencing separately, but maybe that's one to chase up with all of them, as a new game would be great publicity like the old ToCA Touring Cars games. Plus with Subaru joining, it's going to be an interesting season...
  • JonnydotBJonnydotB Member New Car Smell
    I'd like a combination of all three GRID games (I also like it to play all three games).
    Right away I say that I doubt the release of a GRID 4, since the series changes it's name every three games (referring to ToCA and Race Driver now).

Anyway, what bothered me about GRID was, that the managing aspect lost it's breeze after some seasons, as you simply hadn't needed to care for money anymore.
    Maybe introducing some maintainance system and more stress on your pocket would keep that aspect more interesting?
    Also a penalty for underperforming (as announced for F1 2016) would add more salt to the frustration. A good simcade game is after all also quite challenging (if wished, that's why you got difficulty settings).

I could write so much, but a future game simply needs to orientate itself on what made previous games interesting. A bit story, solid simcade driving and especially long term motivation!
    It probably needs some sort of "cover series" that is going to be the highest championship to compete in in the career.

Also, Codies might get more depth into RaceNet (and maybe make the site a bit faster? :P ). I kinda like it to keep being in a game when not playing. Adds a bit of seriousness to the experience ^^
  • LRMLRM Member New Car Smell
    I think a totally and realistic sim GRID would be awesome, but they need to code some efficient assist system so arcade lovers won't be disappointed.

Plus the classic community wishes like real time weather with rain and night, variety of contents with different classes, many tracks.... etc

Also efficiency and simplicity of multiplayer is the key of success, just look at LFS and you have a great exemple to how a good online system should be made. 

And as a bonus a open world town area to have fun can be really a good idea to create some difference from other sim and generate more sales. 
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    RubyRuby said:
    Codies did keep up support for G2 for quite awhile and made at least an attempt to restore some of the missing features from GRID.  Derby, and sort of a cockpit view.  But . . . it still isn't the sequel to GRID we had been waiting for.

CobraGamer's 12:03 post bears out my opinion that many GRID fans want too many contradictory features in a sequel for Codies to make one that won't disappoint big sectors of the fan base.  A major factor to me is GRID's simplicity.  It's Race Driver, and "It's all about the race."  It's about driving, not about engineering or tuning, not about customizing.  Racing games that provide all that detail are all over the place.  GRID is not one of them.  GRID dared to do less, by focusing on the race itself, and ended up doing more.  My opinion.
    PCars has been my goto racer for quite a while. But in the past few weeks or so I've been back playing Grid Autosport. And I like it a lot. It's very playable compared with Pcars, fun to race, the handling is not so difficult but is still very satisfying. 

The thing I can't understand is why Grid Autosport was not a success. Maybe it was the fact it was not on the latest gen. Maybe it was the fact grid 2 annoyed people too much. Or maybe it was because it didn't offer enough over grid 1/2, or the bugs. But to me its a great game, and Codies have the ability to come up with something that has a market niche and makes good money. I think they need to zig where pcars and asseto corsa zags. As you say, focus on making the racing more fun rather than screen fulls of sim setups.

Things I would like to see :

i) More team integration.
    ii) Weather.
    iii)Pitstops or at least ability to repair damage.
    iv)Different surfaces. Maybe snow and dirt tracks.
    vi)More multiplayer game modes. Maybe relays etc.

Sacrifice a bit of the realism for more fun and variety in the racing modes.

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Still playing the GRID2 campaign, not a big fan of GRID Autosport due to drifty simcade handling like NFS Shift games.
    Weird. Most people find the handling of those two games to be the exact opposite... GRID 2 is almost unplayably arcade-drifty for me.
    Fully agree. I thought GAS was a huge step back in the right direction after GRiD 2 (which I didn't like at all). 

Were it not for the omission of Circuit de la Sarthe (and the 24 hour races), GAS would be my clear pick of the series. It was a bit rough around the edges, but the choice of disciplines - especially within the Touring Car class - was fantastic. With no Le Mans in GAS though, I find it hard to pick a fave between GRiD 1 and GAS! 

If I was designing a new GRiD game it would contain the variety of GAS, but with a lot more polish applied. Le Mans definitely needs to come back (and thus pits stops would need to be included) and, in the same way DiRT Rally has done it, as many genuine race cars (i.e. liveries) included as possible. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• MTonlyMTonly Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2016
    It would be nice to have non-blurry integer-ratio scaling built into the game, so that the game could be played at 1920×1080 resolution on 4K monitor without any bilinear-interpolation blur, and each image pixel has been correctly displayed as a group of 2×2 identical physical pixels.

For better understanding what integer-ratio scaling should look like, see the web-based DEMO.
    Post edited by MTonly on
  • gaskigaski Member Wheel Nut
    A Grid remaster would be what most people want, especially those from the early days.  Come on Codies, get on the remaster bandwagon, just don't change anything other than visuals :)
    superchimp
  • andmcqandmcq Member New Car Smell
    I didn't really care for GRID Autosport. I love Grid 2 though... any chance of the more arcady style coming back?
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    edited August 2016
    andmcq said:
    I didn't really care for GRID Autosport. I love Grid 2 though... any chance of the more arcady style coming back?
    I hope not :)
    But if you start a session in Autosport without assists its much like Grid2, just needs alot more skill,
    Post edited by Loggy on