Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WE WANT GRID 4! - Main Thread

Comments

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    RubyRuby said:
    Still without the promised DLC that the consoles got but never showed up for PC.
    Hey Frank long time no see, the DLC's DIID actually arrive on PC but unofficially, if memory serves me correctly when Grid 1 went out on MAC it had all the DLC files, someone tried to copy and paste them into a windows copy of the game and it worked. Bathurst in the Vovlo C30 STCC......

I think I still have the mods somewhere.......
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/12750/discussions/0/846960628298842164/
  • lastbreathlastbreath Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2016
    I don't want to choose. I want both sequels: GRID3 (arcade) and GRID Autosport 2 (sim).
    Just split the series like it was with DiRT3 and DiRT Showdown and everyone will be happy! :smiley:
  • SRS13Rastus1701SRS13Rastus1701 Member Pit Crew
    edited September 2016
    Moved on as I got no more faith in Codies to produce a fully functional game.

Forza is on PC now on and tbh I doubt Codies will be able to compete, yeah a game will appear at some point but limited tracks, hamstrung events, drift ignored, broken games that take MONTHS to fix, IF they get fixed at all..... Upgrades still do nothing in GAS... never fixed...

Horizon 3, 350 cars open world, Apex 60+ cars for free, GAS had 108 total and 35 in the garage... Sad as it had SUCH potential but some exec decided to abandon the customers yet again.

I'm Off for more of this...

I'll maybe look at CM again someday but don't see it being anytime in the near future....
    It seems I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....:D
  • RubyRubyRubyRuby Member Unleaded
    edited October 2016
    Still playing GRID here.  Finally got my "new" 2013 DIY gaming PC running and online, and GRID handling is noticeably improved.  I thought it was great before, so for me this means even more fun for even longer.  I may have to bump up to Extreme difficulty though.  The handling now seems smoother, more precise and predictable - the car goes where I'm trying to get it more often.  And the graphics are all pegged at High.
        The "new" rig:
         i5-4670K (quad, 3.5MHz, stock), GTX 660 (2GB), 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 650W PSU, single 24" display at 1080p, keyboard.

Nothing unusual,  but a few notches above what I've been using for the past several years.  And a reminder for other racers in fringe areas - GRID installs from the disc and starts right up with no requirement to be online at any point (for single playes only, of course).  My disc is showing significant wear (original, from 2008), so I may have to start using a backup before this time next year.  Oh well.  Should be good until 2026, eh?  I'm considering adding a second optical drive so I won't have to swap out discs so often.

Sure would like to see another Club car or two out there.  I still love the TVR Tuscan Challenge, but it does look lonesome some times.
  • DniloDnilo Member New Car Smell
    I just want it to happen. Soon.

I bought Project Cars hoping for something good, it is, but I get tired of it real quick, I just miss the GRID engine. So I had to get Dirt Rally, which made me very happy, I'm really enjoying it, the game is superb, but sometimes I feel like I need the online competitive races and more asphalt. Obviously the nature of this game is not that. 
  • DEUTSCHTEAMDEUTSCHTEAM Member New Car Smell
    I have over 12.000 (twelve thousand) hours on MULTIPLAYER of the Racedriver GRID (GRID 1)(addding the time played in all my Gamertags on the XBOX Live). I've never stopped playing his MULTIPLAYER since its launch, and I keep playing until today (XBOX 360).

The "strong" in GRID 1 is the multiplayer;
    WHY?

1 - There are no ghost cars in races with collisions ON
    2 - You can create your own type of game and rules ("Survivor races" are very fun).
    Two teams of 6 players, worth everything to prevent the other win the race, to go against the tide, making barricades, etc.
    And you do not have to play the boring Demolition Derby for that, you can choose any category with high speeds.
    3 - Persistence of crashed cars, car parts, etc., on the track.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility/suggestions/8378487-grid
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I don't want to choose. I want both sequels: GRID3 (arcade) and GRID Autosport 2 (sim).
    Just split the series like it was with DiRT3 and DiRT Showdown and everyone will be happy! :smiley:
    Not sure that's a great comparison: DiRT Showdown wasn't that popular with fans of the series! 

Sure there are different opinions on the matter, but to me Autosport was the game that GRiD 2 should have been (though with more polish applied). Despite its flaws, I thought Autosport was a great game. I really hope that a sequel follows those lines and not the arcade nature of GRiD 2. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    That final battle with Ravenswest was intense, still gives me nightmares/chills.
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded

The "strong" in GRID 1 is the multiplayer;
    WHY?

1 - There are no ghost cars in races with collisions ON
    2 - You can create your own type of game and rules ("Survivor races" are very fun).
    Two teams of 6 players, worth everything to prevent the other win the race, to go against the tide, making barricades, etc.
    And you do not have to play the boring Demolition Derby for that, you can choose any category with high speeds.
    3 - Persistence of crashed cars, car parts, etc., on the track.

This ^^^
    I used to like this on PC and would probably still be playing if it wasnt shutdown for PC users, the crash physics really made for some spectacular collisions .
  • RuskiTurboRuskiTurbo Member New Car Smell
    I really need to say sth. i'm waiting for next TOCA and new GRID. And you know what? I' m thinking I've found optimal option. Two driving modes. First would be arcade with drive model from Race Driver: GRID and second would use more accurate physics from ToCA Race Driver 3. If codemasters done their nest racing game like that, it wil be best racing game ever made. Off course we need many cars and tracks, because new codes' games looks kinda poor... :( But anyway, release new Toca or GRID, shut up and take my money!
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    I'd like Grid 4 to feel more like the first one, which really was an arcade racer, but a lot more realistic than Grid 2. Autosport is a good game, but the progression system is very bad IMO. If you could create your own team and buy your cars, it would feel a lot better. I also think championships should be a lot shorter, but more varied, without those special cup races. V8 Supercars, old Le Mans prototypes, old street cars, they should have their own championships instead of behing shoved in seasons like they were in Autosport.
  • MrBungle83MrBungle83 Member New Car Smell
    edited March 29
    I'm just hoping for a rock solid sports car racing game, I hope it's  a sim with day night transitions full weather systems tracks that rubber in/puddle change with temp, there is a gap in the market for a racing sim to be made correctly. AC has missing features Pcars drives badly, Rfactor2 is plain out of date, Raceroom has no weather and is really expensive. imagine the series they could add with licences, Super GT, DTM, BTCC, GT1, GT2, GT3 and a bundle of classic tin top 90's BTCC for example. man o' man i would rub a layer of skin off! (plenty of  DLC for the coffers) all really alluring sports car championships. if they managed this i would be in my element, that's not to say they couldn't have a simplified handling model for people who prefer it, but there is a huge market for simulators these days and every one we have has major issues and is there for the taking. 
  • SalCoSalCo Member New Car Smell
    This is what I said in a previous post.

If they do make another GRID game for Next-Gen they should bring back the cool art and garage style from GRID 2. GRID 2 felt so real in a sense that I was actually a star racer forming a new series.

Agreed!!

• whitmarsh2whitmarsh2 Member Wheel Nut
    Having a scroll down Instagram today and seeing Olli Webb doing something with BAC (Mono) and Codemasters. Also asking who's into the Grid games. Would link it but on phone.
    I run the European side of PRL! Feel free to sign up here!
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    We want new Grid game supporting  dx12 and 2 handling modes "simulator and gamer" like Dirt 4 .. Or to be the same as Grid 1..
  • CosCos Member New Car Smell
    Whats the story guys. Loads of F1, new rally games, but no Grid auto 2. I know it only been 3 or 4 years. But still, there's a real fan base who still play regular and fill servers. As a wise man once said "Move it, move it, move it!" :)
  • JamesGJamesG Member Pit Crew
    edited June 23
    In my opinion - Grid 1 was good but the rest were crap. If they could bring back the original Race Driver series with all the real championships, that'll be an amazing game. They had DTM, TOCA, V8 Supercars, and I think WEC. And you progressed up starting from Formula Ford. They were amazing games on the PS2.

Maybe they can have GP3 and GP2 in that one.
  • pulcopulco Member New Car Smell
    Every business enterprise must be profitable and make money to its shareholders. The Indian major shareholder, Reliance Big Entertainment, has certainly given orders that games that have not sold enough are no longer developed. I fear that this is the case because in the Grid series, only Race Driver Grid has been successful and has achieved a lot of sales. This was not the case for Grid 2 and Grid Autosport, unfortunately. RIP Grid ...
  • SRS13Rastus1701SRS13Rastus1701 Member Pit Crew
    edited June 23
    Originally Grid 1 wasn't even on Steam, (steamcharts for Grid 1 only goes back as far as July 2012) but during the Xmas sales of 2016 "online" player numbers hit 4253 (on Steam), for a game from 2008 that aint bad.
    Especially as Dirt 4 has only had 4,379 maxiumum players on steam at the same time since launch...
    There were far FAR more players online before the servers were terminated without warning leaving online play only for those with Tunngle, Hamachi or Gameranger...
    Unlike today you had the full list of lobbies and there were PAGES of  them, all day and night, right up till they killed the servers...
    Of course sales will be higher than these numbers as these are for max number of PC players online at any given time of day. throw in the console numbers or look at actual sales figures for a different perspective...
    It seems I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....:D
  • McRoss1966McRoss1966 Member New Car Smell
    ...Unlike today you had the full list of lobbies and there were PAGES of  them, all day and night, right up till they killed the servers...
    Despite all the pressure from the community CM still haven't figured out what made Grid 1 such a good game.
    The lobbies where always full of people chatting (not always good chat) but most of the time an OK chat where people actually came together. Everyone found their nische in the chat/lobbies and had great racing fun. Many of the persons I met in those lobbies I still game with on a daily/weekly basis. Some lost, some found along the way, but for me it was Grid starting all this up for me.
    *** apparently the air is very thin up where I'm sitting, so I probably need to wear an oxygen mask *** LMFAO