Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

First League race, bugs galore. It gets more disappointing.

KevRusskiKevRusski Member Wheel Nut

Hi @F1Support  @jennyannem 

Ps4, online, spain. 27.09.17

We had our first league race last night, and frankly, it was pathetic.

Hopefully these comments (supplementing my previous ones http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58020/league-test-race-14-09-17-post-patch-1-6#latest

should help you guys out in fixing)

However, if next year’s release is as bad as this, then that’s it. I`m done with it, that sadly will mean I lose regular contact with a good group of guys in my league too.

So, for me last night.

I was trying to put in a good qualy lap when I pushed the boundaries and spun, facing backwards just off the track I waited about 6 or 7 seconds for a couple of other cars to pass so I didn’t wreck their lap and then came back on the track with a kick of accelerator and half donut. Immediately I am black flagged.  Are we saying that if you spin during qualy and wait to come back on safely you get black flagged? This also happened to my team mate at a different section of the track.  Sadly, I don’t have that on video.

I have already informed you of no team mate on the map, downloading content bug, qualy lap times being all over the place etc so they still remain.

The next one happened in race. The guy behind is supposedly catching me as he tells me over the mic, but he’s nowhere close on my screen when wham he hits the back of me on his screen. Its exactly at this point I look back (see at 7-9 seconds ish). You can see a car going off track and just before this you can see his dot on the map stationary then jump 3 seconds up the road. Hes out of the race. Done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA8dB3fOj3o

The racer “Bobster” you see in the next race who I have to pass 4 times on track is a slow “AI solid car”,  He is in fact many 100yards further up the road. Someone not so far behind me was telling me that no one was there but quite clearly he is on my screen, passing this duplicate phantom car cost me a lot of time and as you can see I end up losing my front wing on him too, destroying my race because he’s going a lot slower (this will be because the AI setting is low).  The video shows me passing him twice at the same point on track.  Later other people also come across the phantom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApeSf-KL_28&t=10s

The guy who I clash with 4 times “bobster” (the phantom) did end up being booted from the race and had to re-join after the first lap or so I think this must be a reason for some of the carnage but for him to still be racing and there be a duplicate solid car racing around as him at the same time.  You need to tell some of the staff that they are not living up to being "code...... masters"

I`m getting bored of having to do Codies homework and the game is broken online, badly.

Please respond just to let me know these have been noted. Thanks.

Post edited by KevRusski on

Comments

• lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    You should only play with people who aren't that far away from you, or otherwise you'll have these issues a lot.

Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • bigfguybigfguy Member New Car Smell
    That's unfortunate, really looks unplayable.

Codemasters don't market the game with a 'you should only play with people close to you' caveat, so it shouldn't be an issue.
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    You should only play with people who aren't that far away from you, or otherwise you'll have these issues a lot.
    I've not had these issues with my UK friends, though by European standards it does help that I have an exceptionally fast connection. Just one of the many problems with not having dedicated servers for a game that absolutely should have them.

• KevRusskiKevRusski Member Wheel Nut

They are in the uk, all within a couple of hours drive, shouldnt be an issue. Had guys playing from scotland last season, that was fine.  Guy running the lobby has extremely good internet. As do I.
  • DiscoDaveDiscoDave Member Unleaded

I play with friends in the same country (UK), all have fibre broadband, all on wired connections, all with sub 20ms latency. 

It doesn't help.
    @jennyannem

Was this noted. Thanks...................................
    Also, there were no blue flags shown in our race.
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Petrol Head
    This is 2015 all over again,this game will probably never be stable enough for league racing as 2015 never was.Its a complete joke how codies can take such a massive backwards step!This pretty much confirms that an open multiplayer beta where the game can be properly stress tested is a necessity.
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    Except from the sound of it that's exactly what they did and what they primarily tested for, yet this was the result. If anything, if they hadn't so obsessively focused on getting only league racers into their beta and seemingly only focusing on multiplayer changes they would've noticed some of the other problems with the game, especially on the singleplayer front.
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Petrol Head
    Coffer said:
    Except from the sound of it that's exactly what they did and what they primarily tested for, yet this was the result. If anything, if they hadn't so obsessively focused on getting only league racers into their beta and seemingly only focusing on multiplayer changes they would've noticed some of the other problems with the game, especially on the singleplayer front.
    That was not the case at all,I was a part of the beta the multiplayer tests were very limited and after a couple days everyone had got bored so there was nobody with which to test,secondly it very definitely was not all league racers there were even a good few sprint mode rammers that got in.What needs to happen is the beta needs to be open to all and needs more tracks so that we can get full grids and then we can see how the netcode holds up,what we had were grids of at the most 7 and it was all fine and dandy,then the full game rocks up and is littered with bugs that were not seen in the beta! 
    Our league is now suspended. I do hope @jennyannem will kindly acknowledge receipt of my report. Thanks.
  • NickDahyNickDahy Member Pit Crew
    edited September 29
    For your league I would strongly advise making people use a wired connection and making them do a speed test and not allowing anyone over a 150ms ping.  When it gets higher than that **** goes crazy.

I agree with Speed Demon's post 100 percent.  We are now beta testing multiplayer.  There should have been an opened 2 month beta mp test to iron out all these bugs.
    NickDahy said:
    For your league I would strongly advise making people use a wired connection and making them do a speed test and not allowing anyone over a 150ms ping.  When it gets higher than that **** goes crazy.

I agree with Speed Demon's post 100 percent.  We are now beta testing multiplayer.  There should have been an opened 2 month beta mp test to iron out all these bugs.
    We did that before we started the league mate. Sadly, as u can tell, its a mess
  • JaketaJaketa Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited October 1
    We (biggest German Xbox league) had our first race today and the Desync is clearly a big problem.

Question to everbody: Is this desync while race from rejoining or is it a general problem of the game? Because the whole HUD from drivers in the race and the podium and result screen was broken - a driver won who was only 3rd.

Is this because two rejoined or is it a general problem/bug? Because I’m Practise and Quali it’s definitely a massive bug without Rejoining. Results while the session are always false.
    For us, it was when rejoining, in this case anyway
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew
    Ironically they call themselves "Codemasters" and are trying to get this game on some "E-Sports" level of popularity.... ;)
    The Esports thing, Id love them to have taken this up immediately It would have been so embarrassing that there would have had to have been an internal shake up.  I do actually wonder if the FIA who supply the licence are aware of all this. 
  • iRaYzOriRaYzOr Member New Car Smell
    Jaketa said:
    We (biggest German Xbox league) had our first race today and the Desync is clearly a big problem.

Question to everbody: Is this desync while race from rejoining or is it a general problem of the game? Because the whole HUD from drivers in the race and the podium and result screen was broken - a driver won who was only 3rd.

Is this because two rejoined or is it a general problem/bug? Because I’m Practise and Quali it’s definitely a massive bug without Rejoining. Results while the session are always false.
    Desync from rejoining