Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Do you think they will use an excuse?

We all get the game is abandoned already. What trick do you think they will use?

- Too much work because we are focusing on the next game, but this time it's going to be awesome, bolder, greater, bigger!
- We will communicate something when we have something to say (again, as nothing forever).
- Radio silence.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Dirt4 but not buying a new Codemasters title again in the future.

Comments

• DiscoDaveDiscoDave Member Unleaded
    Transparency has clearly not been an priority for CM. There's no clear timeframe, framework or tracking of issues. CM seem to pick and choose which issues they want to address and ignore others, presumably either because it will take too much time or resource to rectify.

Alarm bells should have rung when the review copies had Multiplayer allegedly disabled. I wonder why.

• CodingRacerCodingRacer Member New Car Smell
    They should say at least what they are planning to fix, and the time frame. I don't know who is the brilliant brain after the "Don't say anything", but they don't deserve much after all the hype the artificially created.

Do they think they are going to loose selling a few extra copies if they officially say the game is dead?

PD: I like that message on my inbox saying "You've not played in the last 14 days...", I've tried! But no one is playing! They could literally remove all the online stuff and use that time to make extra content.

• 88stix8888stix88 Member New Car Smell
    If you phone and talk to technical they blame you for all problems in the game, don’t show any interest in anything you have to say, but I must add it always seems to be the same person you talk to.
    Dirt Rally is a much better game, but needs extensions to keep us playing, and I admit I haven’t got all the trophy’s yet but they seem impossible once you upgrade to higher levels.
    Codemasters could learn a bit from WRC. games regarding full season stages etc.
    And they could learn by listening to there customers.
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited September 28
    And they could learn by listening to there customers.
    Since i am registered in this forums i alwats see this proposal again and again but nothing is changing

We asked for a Race drive Grid remastered but or to reopen the online servers but they did not do it.
    We ask for text chat in their games but they do not do it because of the technical difficulties (i have played thousands of rediculous free to play or 2-3 euros cost games on steam that they have text chat)
    They spoke about an improved handling model in Dirt 4 compare to Dirt Rally but they only we got is a mess of sim and arcade handling that definately satisfy nobody of the 2 target groups.. (Dirt 4 is not bad at all but not great)
    They promised endless stages in Dirt 4 but you feel like playing in same tracks again and again succeding the opposite result compare to what they wanted..
    They abandoned the great Dirt rally for Dirt 4 that is already abandoned..?
    They pissed us off with Grid 2 which was terrible compare to Grid 1 and they made one year later GAS which had almost the same content with Grid2 (GAS is one of the best latest codies games though for me)

And is anybody still optimistic that they will listen to their customers..?? I dont think so thats why Dirt's 4 forums has not much people left..
    With Pcars 2 and Forza 7 on PC i will have great racing games to deal with for many years , so no big problem for me if codies will be recovered or not..
    I hope this Drive's Club devs called evolution studios that codies bought to help the company to make again great games as in the past..

• enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    Are you insinuating they canceled the upcoming update with Club functionality?
  • Janneman60Janneman60 Member Unleaded
    enamel said:
    Do you think there are many peopke left who care about clubs? They (CM) left it to long...
  • CodingRacerCodingRacer Member New Car Smell
    enamel said:
    I think so, ence my question. What would be the point on updating a game that people is forgetting about? The always give the same answer: "We are working on it", "Two weeks (edited it might take longer", "Cool new things", and so on. They try to create hype again just to get a few extra copies sold. If they didn't solve some of the bugs with Dirt Rally they will not fix them on a dead game.

It's a shame but they should care about us a little more. At the end of the thay we pay their salaries, and it's not a good sign doing whatever they want and ignoring us. They only go after money (yeah, I know, they are a company not a charity), so I expect them to make Dirt 5 (but rebranded) saying same hypenacious things again, but never admiting how wrong they are doing it now.

Also being a developer at Codemasters must be frustrating knowing that they push for making a long lasting game.

And now CM, prove I'm wrong!
  • DoubleTenDoubleTen Member Unleaded
    I hope you're wrong.
    Hype is passed since its release, so why they should lie to us customers?
    for DiRT Rally no one said "we will update it soon" after the final release. They've started writing things like "news are coming soon"

• dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    From what I can tell Dirt 4 sales don't look that great, so you've got to ask the question whether DLC is worthwhile.

I think a dlc pack for Dirt Rally which has the autostage generator, or the two new environments (spain and mitchegan) as dlc for dirt rally makes much more business sense. Dirt Rally has a much stronger following than Dirt 4 atm as far as I can tell.
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    dirt3joe said:
    From what I can tell Dirt 4 sales don't look that great, so you've got to ask the question whether DLC is worthwhile.

I think a dlc pack for Dirt Rally which has the autostage generator, or the two new environments (spain and mitchegan) as dlc for dirt rally makes much more business sense. Dirt Rally has a much stronger following than Dirt 4 atm as far as I can tell.
    That is completely wrong, Dirt 4 surpassed DR sales and I'm sick of people suggesting this thinking its sooo easy to just implement new technology into an old game. It won't happen. the only thing I agree with is that DR has a stronger following.
  • UnderkexUnderkex Member Pit Crew
    That is completely wrong, Dirt 4 surpassed DR sales and I'm sick of people suggesting this thinking its sooo easy to just implement new technology into an old game. It won't happen. the only thing I agree with is that DR has a stronger following.
    How do you know that? VGChartz and Stemspy tell us the contrary.
    http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=dirt+rally
    http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=dirt+4
    http://steamspy.com/app/310560
    http://steamspy.com/app/421020

• EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Race Engineer
    edited September 29
    Underkex said:

There is a SteamDB problem that it tracks the number of people that have played the game, not that own the game. This means that when there was a free weekend the number of "owners" shot up.

A lot of people who where not familiar with DiRT Rally or the DiRT Rally EA programme were happy with the product they bought. It might surprise you that DiRT 4 has outsold/is outselling DR

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976

• UnderkexUnderkex Member Pit Crew
    Again, how do you know that? Vgchartz is also not reliable?
  • cjl9cjl9 Member Pit Crew
    Underkex said:

Something wrong with the "vgchartz" figures: for USA PC users it shows 0. I know that's not correct.
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited September 30
    Dirt 4 got really good critic ratings of 80-90% because reviewers must have only played for a few hours before they realised the corners are copy and pasted. Meanwhile WRC7 is actually a damn good game and gets only 60-70% review scores. The physics aren't at the same level as Dirt series, but it FEELS good and the game is just so much more enjoyable on every other level. I hope everyone doesn't just assume it's the same WRC 4,5,6 tripe we've come to expect, because it's not.
    CM need to publicly recognise their mistake with YourStage and admit that it's still a loooong way from being acceptable (let alone a "game-changer"). I would buy Dirt Rally 2 if they go back to hand-crafted stages, but I'll definitely be waiting at least a month before purchase. Silly me buying Dirt 4 on day one.
    Ok anyone has his own taste but man i tried WRC7 and its tragic for me! Graphics are not that bad but the physics are so bad and arcade that i could not play it over 3 minutes.. Content is very limited too giving you the feeling of an android game more than a AAA game..
    I have not the best optinion for Dirt 4 but compare to WRC 7 is way better .. Even Sebastien Loeb rally evo is better than WRC 7..
    I agree with you that generated stages technology needs a lot of work to be acceptable as in Dirt 4 you think to be in the same place all the time..
    I dont think i will bother with any upciming DLC of Dirt 4 as i bought Project cars 2 that includes some great features about race conditions. You can set 24 hours daytime with x0-x60 multiplier , dynamic weather with 15 (if i am not mistaken) deferent choices , sun , rain thunderstors , snow, blizzard and to set up to 4 combination of each racing working so smooth and realistic , and 4 year's season that chenge the grass , trees (for example yellow-brown colors for autumn , dark green in winder , light green in summer etc) and generally the enviroment of any track ... So opposite with the most racing games you dont feel this "dejavu" that you have played a lot of times in a certain track but you feel every race unique...
    That can be "a game changer" for racing games dear Codemasters not this version generated tracks!
    And for the offroad lovers there are 9 RX tracks (4 more than dirt 4) 3 rx classes but the game is all tracks - all cars style which mean that you can set any of the 180 cars car in rx tracks even Formulas lol  (ok i am not gonna try this) .. But i tried some Road cars like Mitsubishi EVO there and rocks! Also i am about to buy Forza motorsport 7 which is the most eye-candy racing game ever including 700 cars with high-details interior and also dynamic wheater..
    Ok i know, you will tell me that here we speak of offroad game and not circuit game but i will tell you that with the mediocre Dirt 4 , with terrible (for me at least) WRC7 , with that  rediculous upcming milestone game called Gravel i just dont care about offroad racing games while i can play so **** amazing asphalt racing games..

Post edited by MiatakiasGR on
  • mkgamernfsmkgamernfs Member New Car Smell
    Dirt 4 got really good critic ratings of 80-90% because reviewers must have only played for a few hours before they realised the corners are copy and pasted. Meanwhile WRC7 is actually a damn good game and gets only 60-70% review scores. The physics aren't at the same level as Dirt series, but it FEELS good and the game is just so much more enjoyable on every other level. I hope everyone doesn't just assume it's the same WRC 4,5,6 tripe we've come to expect, because it's not.
    CM need to publicly recognise their mistake with YourStage and admit that it's still a loooong way from being acceptable (let alone a "game-changer"). I would buy Dirt Rally 2 if they go back to hand-crafted stages, but I'll definitely be waiting at least a month before purchase. Silly me buying Dirt 4 on day one.
    Sorry, but WRC 7 is truly awful. Even though it does have better stages and cars than DiRT 4, the game has a whole bunch of technical problems. DiRT 4 wasn't a good rally game yes, but the rallycross mode was pretty good and the game runs WAY better on PC than WRC 7. The people at Kylotonn have no idea how to make a good game even after 3 WRC titles. Both DiRT Rally and 4 are better than WRC 7 and so is SLRE.

The Tranceporter

• SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    PC2 weather / Live-track is really interesting and fun to explore but, many of the cars are just way too stable as is. It seems to suffer from some of the same issues as Dirt4 does in regard to grip levels.  There is no sense of throttle feathering needed out of turns  -  just stomp the gas and go, no worries at all. Even in rain, the grip levels are not reduced that much unless on slicks, then it's drastically different as - should be expected.  I feel PC2 can be a good racing game, I just don't feel it's up to a refined Simulation level but, it depends what you want from your game.

The RallyX in PC2 can be fun but, the cars default setup has the suspension setup too soft and the cars tend to over-rotate quite easlily. Once tamed down a bit, they handle much better and I did get a better feeling through the FFB using one of Jack Spade's custom DD-wheel setups and that aspect of PC2 is much improved over PC1.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1