Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Do you think they will use an excuse?

13»

Comments

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    I have my steering sensitivity set lower than that.  I don’t think it’s quite linear at those values
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    KevM said:
    I have my steering sensitivity set lower than that.  I don’t think it’s quite linear at those values
    I've tried lower too but the steering gets awfully unresponsive. To me it feels as close to 1:1 at those values, but I might be wrong.

Some say there is speed sensitivity built in to the steering as well that you can't get rid of. Not sure about it though.

They really need to ditch the zoom in/out camera effect on throttle though. At least make it optional.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    edited October 2017
    I’m at 25/30 sensitivity, which seems fairly linear, but *ahem* “quite a low DOR” to combat the unresponsive feel...  lol

Any higher with sensitivity, got a weird wiggly countersteer thing for me

• DytutDytut Member Champion
    I set my sens to 0% on my t300 and about 50% and 30% on the ffb values. 
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• CodingRacerCodingRacer Member New Car Smell
    adsadsads said:
    Regarding the original topic of this thread, I think we'll see the current state of infrequent vague-posting run for a while longer. Then they'll say all these 'cool new features' are such a significant change they've decided to put them in a new game instead.
    Obviously the game engine does not support them, they "might or might not" be "sooooo cool", "stay tunned".
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    well they have said they will post when there is something to talk about. so im guessing they waiting for the next patch.
  • RallyGamerRallyGamer Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 2017
    I think they moved on because they got our money, we didn't liked the game, Codemasters was to busy with F1 2017 so they dropped the whole DiRT4 debacle.

They are really hard at work on a new intellectually property since they hired/took over people from the Evolution Studios back in 2016. My best guess is that they will release a new ip game in May 2018 (i hope it will not be 2019, can't wait so long). They then worked on it for about 2 years.

Maybe we get an openworld/sandbox kind of race game with circuits/cities for race cars, rallycross and rally cars. A Dakar game in an open world would also be cool with cars, trucks, motorcycles, buggies etc, haven't seen a game like that in years.

here are some articles you can read about it...
    http://blog.codemasters.com/community/04/codemasters-welcomes-the-team-from-evolution-studios/

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/evolution-start-work-on-next-ip-later-this-month

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/driveclub-devs-join-codemasters-following-studio-c/1100-6438702/

RallyGamer's Playground   I   Liveries, Mods & Tools   I   www.rallygamer.com

• DoubleTenDoubleTen Member Unleaded
    Maybe we get an openworld/sandbox kind of race game with circuits/cities for race cars, rallycross and rally cars. A Dakar game in an open world would also be cool with cars, trucks, motorcycles, buggies etc, haven't seen a game like that in years.

I hope not, sounds more an arcade-ish Milestone unbalanced stuff
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    FUEL 2 maybe
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    well obviously taking on evo studios was for a reason.maybe a title like their last successful title will happen.many still rate it highly.you have to remember codies is a pretty big studio so more than one title will be in the works. just because they making other titles doesnt mean they wont make rally games.

it will be interesting to see what is next for rally. how its done . how its approached. no point bleating on about Dirt 4 its over.time to move on. even if a new zealand pikes peak is added its the handling and everything core to the game. too little to late now.shame.
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Yes that Drive Club is great on PS4 , if evolution studios makes the graphics and codies handling physics they may do a great game.. I dont think people will go back to Dirt 4 so its better they move on

edited October 2017
    Hengist said:
    Btw: can anyone recommend FFB settings for WRC7? Tried it yesterday and it felt terrible.
    These are my settings for the T300, if it helps?

Force feedback 75
    Vibration 25
    All dead zones 0
    Steering sensitivity 50
    Brake sensitivity 50
    Accelerator sensitivity 50
    Steering degrees 540 - ensure that your physical wheel matches whatever value that you personally choose here. The default was something like 630 which is a value that I can't select on my wheel.

Nothing can help a mediocre game to be great dude.. haha >:)

The fact that just 4 months of  Dirt 4 release people discussing only for a game like WRC 7 on official dirt 4 forums surpass me.. :/ :| :(   I dont judge people's taste , anyone is free to play the game he like but how big fail is an other codemasters game...
    Hengist said:
    Nothing can help a mediocre game to be great dude.. haha >:)
    I never mentioned anything about it being mediocre or great. I was just trying to help someone with their wheel settings.

Anymore unrelated stuff, that I've not mentioned, which you'd like to get off your chest and tell me about... Dude?  :)

No , i will not annoy you anymore .. o:)
13»