Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Incorrect shadows PS4

The shadows on some circuits are so dark that the track cannot be seen beneath them. 

Comments

• Monkeyboy9191Monkeyboy9191 Member New Car Smell
    Also seems to occur on track when overcast or raining. 
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    Is already known by Codemasters. There are several topics about it on this forum
  • ChristerHiortChristerHiort Member New Car Smell
    I just saw it on the track in Belgium.
    the shadow is just a void so it is really distracting while driving.
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @Monkeyboy9191, do we already know about this issue but any information on steps you took that caused the issue or screenshots may still be helpful :) 
    I will provide screen shots tonight from the Belgium track.
    edited October 11

I have attached 4 images showing the poor rendering of shadows on the track in Belgium. The Monza track have the same problems.

image image image image
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    That's a bug that we're aware of and are investigating. If you reboot the game the issue will go away.
    F1Support said:
    That's a bug that we're aware of and are investigating. If you reboot the game the issue will go away.
    So you mean close and open the game in PS4 or restarting the whole console ?
    I will try the first option.

Regards / Christer
    Confirmed, I restarted the game in the console and shadows were natural again.

Thanks again !
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    To clarify you only need to close the game and load it again. You don't need to reboot the console.
  • Leadfoot2686Leadfoot2686 Member New Car Smell
    I have this issue, as well on PS4.  I have to restart the console to fix. I have a friend that has the same issue on PC.  We both are running 1.9
  • IndyJonesJnrIndyJonesJnr Member New Car Smell
    edited December 2
    I've just got to Brazil in career in am seeing this issue for the first time, huge shadows practically all over the track like in the above images. This has still not been fixed? I'm on the Xbox One by the way.