Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 / Presentation / RFPE Mod (V0.1)

I don't know if it's a joke or it's sad. A small group is doing what CM is not. You have to remember the difficult code this game has. I don't mind to lose the online side of the game, cause I was thinking to uninstall it.

Comments

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    Could have been a beautiful thing....  

• TheRealPhilTheRealPhil Member New Car Smell
    @Codies:  Hire those guys. pls. If not for dirt 4 then for Dirt 5
  • METAL666nzMETAL666nz Member Unleaded
    going to give this a go later tonight to see how improved it is
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Codies I defend you, but this is sublime, kicks D4, DR, any rally game asses
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    edited September 2017
    Gave it a go with the Fiesta R5 in Michigan.

The initial reaction to the R5 is that the rear grip is too low and behaves very strange.

To me, this just makes the game feel odd and nowhere near the sublime gravel feeling of Dirt Rally.

Appreciate the effort though :)
  • UnderkexUnderkex Member Pit Crew
    bogani said:
    Gave it a go with the Fiesta R5 in Michigan.

The initial reaction to the R5 is that the rear grip is too low and behaves very strange.

To me, this just makes the game feel odd and nowhere near the sublime gravel feeling of Dirt Rally.

Appreciate the effort though :)
    It happens the same with FRPE for Dirt Rally, is too RBRish. Some people believe is the most realistic physic. Anyway, I prefer it over Dirt 4 original physics.
  • danielhoglandanielhoglan Member New Car Smell
    honestly doesn't seem that realistic. probably something in between would be cool because imho the physic in dirt 4 is good but a bit overtuned  maybe for gameplay purpose (grip levels, suspension work, aero etc).
    in this mod cars seem to have no grip at all, and i don't like it. anton mod instead reminds to the arcade feeling of dirt rally and i can understand some people miss that behaviour.
    btw i appreciate the damage shown on the mitsu.

the only thing missing in dirt games is the tyre model, we don't have different conpounds, no tyre consumption and so we can use extreme and unrealistic setups, but i doubt a mod can be developed to address this thing.

guys i agree with complains about dirt 4 track generator, expecially watching wrc 7 work, but the physic is not that big issue imho, a bit overtuned and less exciting compared to dirt rally but overall believable. i sometimes watch on board cams of real rally and think dirt 4 is  not perfect but spot on, only a bit of more grip
  • wizzer111wizzer111 Member New Car Smell
    ok I tried this mod but it feels like 600hp on wet roads, the dirt rally mod was more tuned than this.
  • Alf72Alf72 Member Co-Driver
    Full Mod support is the way to go, these days, on Racing / Sim Games, and please, don't say it can't be done because... reasons. Other Dev's have no issues doing that, Codies.

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | DiRT Rally 2.0 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013 | F1 2015

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

" Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows " - Walter Rohrl

• JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    Alf72 said:
    Full Mod support is the way to go, these days, on Racing / Sim Games, and please, don't say it can't be done because... reasons. Other Dev's have no issues doing that, Codies.
    Other devs have different game engines which support drag and drop mod changes more readily than the ego engine.
    Although the ego engine needs to be dumped or completely remade, no more patches. I genuinely do believe that there's engine limitations from a game engine that's over 10 years old.
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    JZStudios said:
    Alf72 said:
    Other devs have different game engines which support drag and drop mod changes more readily than the ego engine.
    Although the ego engine needs to be dumped or completely remade, no more patches. I genuinely do believe that there's engine limitations from a game engine that's over 10 years old.

AC is at the point where the developers have squeezed as much out of the game-engine as possible to meet player's requests and have to start over with the core game engine and that engine is not very old.  PC2 has received major code revisions over PC1, rF2 is having major core changes made although, handling only getting some refinements. Almost every Racing title relying on strong simulation value is undergoing some deep code redesign with the exception of the ISI P-motor titles.

I would think that CM are in a good position to take Rally to the next level but, if not - hopefully someone else will take on the task using a more capable physics engine. Right now, it looks like SMS could be getting closer to that point and I'd be very interested to see what they could do. Some issues that concern me with SMS is consistency and accuracy though, PC1&2 shows that they are quite willing to take some short cuts to provide more content above higher quality.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

• SamRWDSamRWD Member Race Engineer
    Just heads up, v0.2

• Body is 21 characters too short.
  • TheRealPhilTheRealPhil Member New Car Smell
    I am not qualified to say this looks reallistic, the only thing i have driven on wet gravel is a lowered FWD Opel.
    I will say this looks very good tho
  • MrDeapMrDeap Member Pit Crew
    The problem with simulation physic in my point of view is that it lack of that curveball inertia. 

That's what made DiRT Rally an awesome game. It's up to uncover what wrong in all Racing Simulator & that magic curveball.

Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|X-Fi Titanium HD|SuperNOVA 1300 G2|Corsair 800D
  • SamRWDSamRWD Member Race Engineer
    0.3 already up
    Those guys show how it's done!

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    anyone gets error message on RFPE window,and mod doesnt start ? 
  • FizzlenogFizzlenog Member New Car Smell
    That looks incredible. I wish I could download that onto the Xbox so I can play dirt 4 again