Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why has this lack of attention to detail been accepted as "normal" for over 8 years now?!

LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew

--------------------

This is the Ferrari of the year 2002, why is it the first and the only car in all of Codies F1 history to feature the correct car model in terms of interior / exterior design?

It's the only car that actually has a proper leg protection in it for instance, a small little detail that has been suggested over and over again since F1 2010 released.....

Unbelievably ridiculous.

--------------------

If they bothered to design the 2002 car correctly, why have all the other cars, including the 2017 ones on which this game is based on, not been undergoing the same procedure seeing as Codies are a bunch of very experienced professionals for whom this wouldn't take too much effort to get right at all?

--------------------

Yes, it's a minor detail and won't affect the driving experience, but this is a officially licenced F1 game and therefore it is more than to be expected to get the car models designed accordingly to represent the real F1 cars as realistic as possible.

--------------------

EDIT: This question has been answered from "outside",

'The car model of the '02 Ferrari was stolen by Codemasters from a extremely talented modder, which has to be one of the lowest points of Codies ridiculous "stunts".'
Post edited by LilBrown47 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Pit Crew
    edited October 2
    W T F                                     
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew
    edited October 2
    @Coffer

If you are fine with a casual bug infested [cashgrab] game that doesn't even bother to get at least the car models right, then sure go ahead and keep paying money without demanding positive changes to tackle the weak spots, it's a free world after all!

--------------------

There are people out there who want to get a almost "perfect" F1 game for once and would like to see Codies doing things right, hence why they do post all these "little" critique points in order to help out showcasing what is wrong with the game.

Criticism is not all about a "happy cheery positivity party" where everyone blindly praises the devs and noone ever dares to spot the obvious mistakes because it might trigger the "happy consumer" or because it might come off as being a douchy "party pooper", you need to have someone that points at the flaws whilst taking all the negativity to help make the game and the studio reach new heights, that's how "constructive criticism" works mate.

• kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Race Engineer
    for what ever reason they have never bothered to get that right. Considering how weird it looks it kind of bumbs this above us nit picking. Not only that the last 3 games the sauber cars wheel has been much to small and that small gap between the drivers hands and the edges of the cockpit has been out of wack.
    Xbox one, controller
    edited October 2
    Exactly, attention to detail that is what is needed.

Apart from the obvious glitches and bugs that need some serious fixing (seriously how are these bugs even a thing if they have been using the same "old" engine for so many years now?!), Codies still have a long way to go if their goal is to make the "perfect" F1 game that is, a title that easily overshadows all the past F1 games of all time combined.

Maybe in 2059.....

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    edited October 2
    This is the Ferrari of the year 2002, why is it the first and the only car in all of Codies F1 history to feature the correct car model in terms of interior design?
    Who knows? Maybe it's the only one they were provided all the original CAD data for.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
    edited October 28
    @Kaerar

Thanks for sharing the original link to the thread on RaceDepartment mate. :)

------------------------------

Our fella member @Operator1 also opened up a thread dedicated towards this ridiculous stunt of Codies and is most definitely worth to be read.

This needs to be given more attention as if tables were turned, the modder very likely would be annihilated with some heavy legal actions:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59556/how-did-a-f2002-mod-from-ac-end-up-in-f1-2017

Seems like boycotting Codemasters becomes more and more the correct step to let them know that this is simply unacceptable......
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    edited October 28
    Before jumping to conclusions even if it all looks illegal, no one is guilty until proven so. If the creator strongly believes this is the case he should take legal actions against CM. That's the only way to shine a proper light on this matter. Otherwise we are just creating rumours here. It's so easy to just point fingers. Like some one said on the RD topic, it's logical they look similar since they are both trying to re-create the original.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

Before jumping to conclusions even if it all looks illegal, no one is guilty until proven so. If the creator strongly believes this is the case he should take legal actions against CM. That's the only way to shine a proper light on this matter. Otherwise we are just creating rumours here. It's so easy to just point fingers. Like some one said on the RD topic, it's logical they look similar since they are both trying to re-create the original.
    True mate i also thought that this probably is "too good to be true", but reading through the original thread at RaceDepartment i found out that the modder did get a message by the Codies artist and there you can clearly come to the conclusion that this model of the 2002 Ferrari indeed was ripped, not to mention some of those members insinuated that it's more than questionable that the car has got the same digital bonestructure to it as usually, apparently, the digital bonestructure from two different artists are easy to tell apart.

Ironically the 2002 Ferrari is the first and the only F1 car in Codies F1 franchise that was nearly "perfect" in design, who would have guessed....
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    As they said in the RaceDepartment thread, he cannot sue codemasters because he had no licence to use the design and name of Ferrari in the first place. So he has no right to claim anything about the model, well apart from the fact he made it. Unfortunately it's like that
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • mkgamernfsmkgamernfs Member New Car Smell
    edited October 29
    carpa said:
    As they said in the RaceDepartment thread, he cannot sue codemasters because he had no licence to use the design and name of Ferrari in the first place. So he has no right to claim anything about the model, well apart from the fact he made it. Unfortunately it's like that
    Even if he sues Codemasters and loses the case, the community is most definitely going to lose the respect for the company and might even start boycotting them as @LilBrown47 said above, which isn't going to be good for the sales of their future games, so think about that. I sure as hell won't under any circumstances support a developer that does stuff like this and nobody who is right in the head will. It's rather obvious that Codemasters have fallen into desperation lately, it's a shame because they were my favorite game company for a very long time - I still have my working copies of TOCA 2 and CMR 2.0 which I bought brand new in 1999 and 2001 respectively. Heck, after being disappointed with just about all racing games that were released in 2017 (GT Sport, FM7, PC2, Dirt 4, WRC 7, NFS Payback), I was going to say that F1 2017 is the best racing game that came out this year because the game itself is great to play, but I'm not going to forgive the developers for doing shady stuff. Curious to see how all of this will end up.
    Post edited by mkgamernfs on

The Tranceporter

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited October 29

Apologists can always find ways to overlook and/or defend things. I've already seen posts saying things like: "It's not CodeMasters' fault - it was just one guy who did this without CM's knowledge" (using a scapegoat, freeing CM of any accountability).

*...Edit: see below - that didn't take long. :p

Post edited by Operator1 on

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect."

• UP100UP100 Member Wheel Nut
    I don't really see how you lose respect to Codies when we don't know how many of them knew.
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    carpa said:
    Even if he sues Codemasters and loses the case, the community is most definitely going to lose the respect for the company and might even start boycotting them as @LilBrown47 said above, which isn't going to be good for the sales of their future games, so think about that. I sure as hell won't under any circumstances support a developer that does stuff like this and nobody who is right in the head will. It's rather obvious that Codemasters have fallen into desperation lately, it's a shame because they were my favorite game company for a very long time - I still have my working copies of TOCA 2 and CMR 2.0 which I bought brand new in 1999 and 2001 respectively. Heck, after being disappointed with just about all racing games that were released in 2017 (GT Sport, FM7, PC2, Dirt 4, WRC 7, NFS Payback), I was saying that F1 2017 is the best racing game that came out this year because the game itself is great to play, but I'm not going to forgive the developers for doing shady stuff. Curious to see how all of this will end up.
    I don't think the modder is in the right mood to sue Codemasters, knowing he'll loose the case and so loose money, just for the community to know how unfair Codies are. We should share this to the F1 community to let then know what happened but I wouldn't advise him to sue the company...
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    carpa said:
    Even if he sues Codemasters and loses the case, the community is most definitely going to lose the respect for the company and might even start boycotting them as @LilBrown47 said above, which isn't going to be good for the sales of their future games, so think about that. I sure as hell won't under any circumstances support a developer that does stuff like this and nobody who is right in the head will. It's rather obvious that Codemasters have fallen into desperation lately, it's a shame because they were my favorite game company for a very long time - I still have my working copies of TOCA 2 and CMR 2.0 which I bought brand new in 1999 and 2001 respectively. Heck, after being disappointed with just about all racing games that were released in 2017 (GT Sport, FM7, PC2, Dirt 4, WRC 7, NFS Payback), I was going to say that F1 2017 is the best racing game that came out this year because the game itself is great to play, but I'm not going to forgive the developers for doing shady stuff. Curious to see how all of this will end up.

Eventually we will probably not hear all of this and most likely it will be covered. Hopefully satisfactory for the modder. I see it as a great compliment towards the modder. The way how is a different matter. Regarding a boycot; that won't work. I have read suggestions like that here for years now and the funny thing is that all those saying we won't buy next years copy are still here and still complaining about this years copy, meaning....

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

edited November 1
    @1512marcel

True, would be very nice for the modder to be given some reputation and or even a job offer to work for the studio seeing as he's quite talented indeed.

Boycotting Codies doesn't mean that you can't buy their products anymore, i'm actively boycotting all "1st hand" titles of Codies since F1 2012 released and therefore bought F1 12 / F1 13 / F1 14 / F1 15 / F1 16 / F1 17 all in my local "2nd hand" shop for around 30 bucks or less, but yeah sadly some of our fella members in our community truly don't act upon what they preach.....