Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Favourite and least favourite circuits?

Comments

• KwstasDr71KwstasDr71 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 4
    Worst:
    1.Australia(I hate the quick s sections there)
    2.Monaco(Because I play on pad so the last part of sector 2 is painful)
    3.China(Because of the second sector)
    Best:
    1.Austria
    2.Canada
    3.Spa
    4.Hungary
    5.Brazil

• Alanos18Alanos18 Member New Car Smell
    BEST: 
    1. Singapore 
    2. France 
    3. Russia 
    4. Great Britain 
    5. Abu Dhabi 

WORST: 
    1. Austria 
    2. Japan 
    3. Brazil
    4. Mexico
    5. Germany (i think)
  • HeinosHeinos Member Unleaded
    Best 5:
    1. Canada - Gilles Villeneuve (Awesome circuit. Fast and good results, and cool races)
    2. Italy - Monza (Just a classic and cool to drive)
    3. Austria - Red Bull Ring (Just like to drive at this ciruit. I like the layout)
    4. Australia - Melbourne Park (Always a good feeling that the season is starting!)
    5. Brazil - Interlagos (I have cool races in the games. Mostly quick at this track).
    Worst 5:
    1. Spain - Circuit de Catalunya (somehow i never get my car running at at this circuit, so always bad races and qualifying)
    2. Monaco (Sometimes good results, really depends on the handling of the car at that time)
    3. Bahrein (Just not really a fan of the circuit. Most of the time no good results)
    4. US - Circuit of the americas (Don't like the track layout)
    5. Mexico - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriquez (AI somehow always quicker at this track. Especially last sector)
  • LemagragLemagrag Member New Car Smell
    BULLDOZOR said:
    Best 5

1) Hungaroring

That circuit is so boring. I can barely remeber any good race.
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    Best:
    Box and Pit lane

Worst:
    on track

I don't have a real favorite. Each track has it's advantages and disadvantages. That's what it makes so interesting. Each track has it's own flow, different shape of corners etc.
  • Tunari89Tunari89 Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 5
    Tunari89 said:
    I will be listing only tracks, that's on the calendar now, so here's my best 5:
    1. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
    2. Albert Park
    3. Silverstone
    4. Red Bull Ring
    5. Spa
    Worst 5:
    1. Shanghai International Circuit
    2. Yas Marina Circuit
    3. Baku Street Circuit
    4. Monte Carlo Street Circuit (even though, I kind of love it, but I suck at there)
    5. Circuit de Catalunya Barcelona (same as Monaco, but I just can't get it right there)
    Extra:
    1. Sochi Autodrom (Originally hated this one, but it has grown on me, and now I can say, that I actually like it..)
    My list still is nearly the same, but Monte Carlo Street Circuit is now been moved under "Extra" as for some reason I just recently started to get the lap together without hitting walls. And now I actually can drive full 100% race length without hitting the walls. Don't know what happened there xD
    Same goes for Baku.

So, the new list would be:
    1. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - This one, I doubt will never be one of the circuits, that I would hate. It's just too darn magnificent circuit, and I just love it.
    2. Red Bull Ring - This here is also one of those tracks, that I enjoy to drive around. And I absolutely love this one too.
    3. Spa-Francorchamps - Spa is a classic. And I'm happy, that they got extension for their contract. I hope, that it will never be dropped from the calendar.
    4. Albert Park - Albert Park is. Well. I just like it, it's fun, while nothing hugely spectacular, still one of the better circuits on the calendar.
    5. Silverstone - Another classic. Love it, or hate it. I love it.
    And new worst 5:
    1. Shanghai International Circuit - Now this sorry excuse of circuit will always be on my hated circuits list. The first corners are stupid, the whole track just lacks the flow, and I just can't get my head around why F1 is still racing in this one. It just sucks. Probably the worst Tilkedromen ever created.
    2. Yas Marina Circuit - Nope. Just nope. While I don't really "suck" at it, it's still bloody boring. And while there's some fun corners thrown in there, it's still a chore to drive, and I have never liked it.
    3. Hockenheim Ring - Sorry dudes. This one totally lost it's soul, when it was cut short for 2003 race (if I remember correctly). The track is just bland and boring to me now.
    4. Hungaroring - Sorry Hungarians, this circuit is something, that really don't belong to modern F1 race calendar. It's just bland and at points bit too narrow. Build better track, or seriously try to update the Hungaroring, I kind of love it, but still don't really enjoy it either....
    5. Sakhir - Um. What could I say. While I like this more, than I like other tracks on this worst list, I just can't understand why there needs to be 2 race on the region. And while I don't really like this either, I would still pick this over Yas Marina any day. At least this one has some redeeming qualities, that Yas Marina just lacks. Then again, Yas Marina is on waterfront, but both are MEH for me.
    Extra:
    1. Monte Carlo Street Circuit - Just like I already said, for some reason, I just got it together, and while still not part of my favorite circuits, it's still enjoyable to drive around, when you truly get it together.
    2. Baku Street Circuit - Same goes for this as what I said from Monaco, best parts being the old city parts, where you can just go for it.
    3. Sochi Autodrom - While there isn't that many corners, that would have good flow, I still somewhat enjoy driving around this track.
    4. Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore - Funny that, every single street circuit on the calendar now is part of my "extra list". While I don't understand why I like this circuit, as it doesn't either have any flowing corners, it's still one of those circuits, that I can have good races at. But at bad day, it can also be total nightmare.
    5. Monza - Classic is a classic, while nowhere near of getting to my top list, it's also light years away from falling to my worst list. 
    Extra extra list of older circuits, that aren't on the calendar anymore:
    1. Nürburgring - This is the better circuit for me from the 2 german circuits, that has held GP's on last 2, or even 3 decades. The Nürburgring just has that something, that modern Hockenheim don't have: Character. It still has it's soul left. Mainly the area where it is located at: While Hockenheim doesn't really have height diferences, Nürburgring has. This circuit really is not boring, or bland in any way for me. And I miss it.
    2. Istanbul Park - This here is probably one of the best circuits Tilke has ever managed to make. Too bad it's located in Turkey, as it's waste of good circuit. I loved this one.
    3. Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola - Circuit, that we might never see in F1 race calendar again. Which is kind of shame, as 2 last races here were quite good races.
    4. Magny-Cours - While being in the middle of nowhere, literally. And lacking long-ish enough straights to be considered as good DRS zones, this circuit was my guilty pleasure in GP3 and GP4 games. Even though it's kinda flat with quite small height differences.
    5. Sepang - This circuit too is way better, than nearly everything else, that Tilke has ever created. ESPECIALLY Shanghai International Turdcuit.
    6. Fuji Speedway - Even though the modern layout of it not being that interesting, or exciting, I still miss that long ass start/finish straight of this track. Even though I never have driven around it in any game. And even though 2 races there was partially soiled by rainy conditions, I would still like to see this one back on the calendar some day, maybe alternating with Suzuka...
    EDIT: Edited away sma... Well, rather big brainfart...
    Post edited by Tunari89 on
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    Tunari89 said:
    Tunari89 said:
    2. Albert Park
    3. Silverstone
    4. Red Bull Ring
    5. Spa
    Worst 5:
    2. Yas Marina Circuit
    3. Baku Street Circuit
    4. Monte Carlo Street Circuit (even though, I kind of love it, but I suck at there)
    5. Circuit de Catalunya Barcelona (same as Monaco, but I just can't get it right there)
    Extra:
    1. Sochi Autodrom (Originally hated this one, but it has grown on me, and now I can say, that I actually like it..)
    My list still is nearly the same, but Monte Carlo Street Circuit is now been moved under "Extra" as for some reason I just recently started to get the lap together without hitting walls. And now I actually can drive full 100% race length without hitting the walls. Don't know what happened there xD
    Same goes for Baku.

1. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - This one, I doubt will never be one of the circuits, that I would hate. It's just too darn magnificent circuit, and I just love it.
    2. Red Bull Ring - This here is also one of those tracks, that I enjoy to drive around. And I absolutely love this one too.
    3. Spa-Francorchamps - Spa is a classic. And I'm happy, that they got extension for their contract. I hope, that it will never be dropped from the calendar.
    4. Albert Park - Albert Park is. Well. I just like it, it's fun, while nothing hugely spectacular, still one of the better circuits on the calendar.
    And new worst 5:
    1. Shanghai International Circuit - Now this sorry excuse of circuit will always be on my hated circuits list. The first corners are stupid, the whole track just lacks the flow, and I just can't get my head around why F1 is still racing in this one. It just sucks. Probably the worst Tilkedromen ever created.
    2. Yas Marina Circuit - Nope. Just nope. While I don't really "suck" at it, it's still bloody boring. And while there's some fun corners thrown in there, it's still a chore to drive, and I have never liked it.
    3. Hockenheim Ring - Sorry dudes. This one totally lost it's soul, when it was cut short for 2003 race (if I remember correctly). The track is just bland and boring to me now.
    4. Hungaroring - Sorry Hungarians, this circuit is something, that really don't belong to modern F1 race calendar. It's just bland and at points bit too narrow. Build better track, or seriously try to update the Hungaroring, I kind of love it, but still don't really enjoy it either....
    5. Sakhir - Um. What could I say. While I like this more, than I like other tracks on this worst list, I just can't understand why there needs to be 2 race on the region. And while I don't really like this either, I would still pick this over Yas Marina any day. At least this one has some redeeming qualities, that Yas Marina just lacks. Then again, Yas Marina is on waterfront, but both are MEH for me.
    Extra:
    1. Monte Carlo Street Circuit - Just like I already said, for some reason, I just got it together, and while still not part of my favorite circuits, it's still enjoyable to drive around, when you truly get it together.
    2. Baku Street Circuit - Same goes for this as what I said from Monaco, best parts being the old city parts, where you can just go for it.
    3. Sochi Autodrom - While there isn't that many corners, that would have good flow, I still somewhat enjoy driving around this track.
    4. Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore - Funny that, every single street circuit on the calendar now is part of my "extra list". While I don't understand why I like this circuit, as it doesn't either have any flowing corners, it's still one of those circuits, that I can have good races at. But at bad day, it can also be total nightmare.
    5. Monza - Classic is a classic, while nowhere near of getting to my top list, it's also light years away from falling to my worst list. 
    1. Nürburgring - This is the better circuit for me from the 2 german circuits, that has held GP's on last 2, or even 3 decades. The Nürburgring just has that something, that modern Hockenheim don't have: Character. It still has it's soul left. Mainly the area where it is located at: While Hockenheim doesn't really have height diferences, Nürburgring has. This circuit really is not boring, or bland in any way for me. And I miss it.
    2. Istanbul Park - This here is probably one of the best circuits Tilke has ever managed to make. Too bad it's located in Turkey, as it's waste of good circuit. I loved this one.
    3. Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola - Circuit, that we might never see in F1 race calendar again. Which is kind of shame, as 2 last races here were quite good races.
    4. Magny-Cours - While being in the middle of nowhere, literally. And lacking long-ish enough straights to be considered as good DRS zones, this circuit was my guilty pleasure in GP3 and GP4 games. Even though it's kinda flat with quite small height differences.
    5. Sepang - This circuit too is way better, than nearly everything else, that Tilke has ever created. ESPECIALLY Shanghai International Turdcuit.
    6. COTA- Well. I like it, but also understand why someone would not like it. This was/is one of those circuits, that are hit or miss. I like it, because it's not Shanghai, or Yas Marina. This circuit, just like Sepang is way better circuits, than either of those tracks. IMHO.
    COTA is still on the calendar isn't it?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • cleberpistercleberpister Member New Car Smell
    Best:
    1. Hungary 
    2. Brazil 
    3. Monaco 
    4. Bahrain 
    5. Austria 

Worst: 
    1. Australia 
    2. Japan 
    3. China
    4. Britain
    5. USA
  • Tunari89Tunari89 Member Wheel Nut
    haydn23 said:
    Tunari89 said:
    Tunari89 said:
    2. Albert Park
    3. Silverstone
    4. Red Bull Ring
    5. Spa
    Worst 5:
    2. Yas Marina Circuit
    3. Baku Street Circuit
    Extra:
    Same goes for Baku.

And new worst 5:
    Extra:
    6. COTA- Well. I like it, but also understand why someone would not like it. This was/is one of those circuits, that are hit or miss. I like it, because it's not Shanghai, or Yas Marina. This circuit, just like Sepang is way better circuits, than either of those tracks. IMHO.
    COTA is still on the calendar isn't it?
    Oh, whoopsie. Brainfart happened right there... xD My bad.
  • BULLDOZORBULLDOZOR Member Unleaded
    edited July 7
    Lemagrag said:
    BULLDOZOR said:
    Best 5

1) Hungaroring

That circuit is so boring. I can barely remeber any good race.
    Favourite track doesn't mean it have good race on it, I just enjoy it when I race on it. 
  • MaxSpiltzMaxSpiltz Member Unleaded
    My five best are :
    1. Canada - It's an amazing track and it's the one I bring my best results on in the game. Really fast, still a bit trick (turn 6 and 7)
    2. Singapore - Especially in the wet, really fun to drive on. The flow of the track is quite nice, 
    3. Brazil - It's my "hars mistress" one, I always have awful results on it while I enjoy it. To me, the track feels really different to all others, the main straight feels really old school.
    4. Monaco - When I was a kid it was my favourite track as it was THE race of the year, but growing up I started give more favours to Canada. Still Monaco is great to race in, really on the edge.
    5. Abu Dhabi - I like the "Gun" track (am I the only one seeing it as a gun ?) mostly thanks to his two DRS straight with hard corners. The last sector is a bit bizarre for me, but it actually tests your concentration especially if you follow another car.

Honorable mentions for Germany, Japan, Belgium, Italy and Spain. I remember hating with all my hear Spain when I was a kiddo, I found it boring and tricky. Nowadays I'm actually liking it more and more, I find it having a nice flow.
    Also couldn't rate France yet, might be on my worst list.

My five worsts :
    1. COTA - Worst feeling brings worst results. It's usually the track where I don't do all R&D programmes because I just want to clear it quicker. The last sector is the worst for me, really anti-climaxx, just corners with false racing lines.
    2. Great Britain - I've never loved this track in all of its layouts, it feels boring for me while I do have some of my best results on it.
    3. Bahrain - Second and third sector triggers me every season, really can't find a good pace on them. And after years and years of races on it, I still can't take the last corner properly...
    4. Mexico - Mexico. Mexico. Mexiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiico. Just no, I really don't like the flow of it. Last corner is really bizarre for me, middle sector is either super-simple with clear sky, and terrible with a bit of rain.
    5. Azerbaijan. I love city's tracks but I nope on this. I'm a fan of the last sector but I can't stand the middle one, which also brings me my worst results. The first time you go in the main straight you're like "oh yes, that's tricky at first." but after ten laps you're like "yeah, no what ? They should build a drive-in next to it."
  • marosimarkmarosimark Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 7
    Top 5:
    1. Austria (Red Bull Ring)
    2. Canada
    3. Russia
    4. Brasil
    5. Great Britain
    I would mention Monaco, Singapore, and Hungary as well, on my better days I can really get the rhythm of those tracks.

Worst 5:
    1. Spain
    2. Mexico
    3. Bahrain
    4. USA
    5. Abu-Dhabi (I don't hate it, I just don't like the 3rd sector, and ruins the mood of the track for me.)
  • path1337path1337 Member Unleaded
    Best:

Monaco
    Singapore
    Hungary
    Austria
    Australia

Worst:

Brazil
    Malaysia
    USA
    Mexico
    China
    AOR Season 15 Split 3 Driver + AOR 2x Race Winner
  • PapesB710PapesB710 Member New Car Smell
    Race 110% / 50% races/ ABS, Medium TC.

Best 5:

1. Australia- Like the flow of this track. It challenges me but I always get good results, even with mediocre cars. 

2. Russia- As far as lap times this is my most consistent. Always exceed the delta times by at least 3 or 4 tenths every sector. 

3. Canada- Overall I consider this the easiest to drive. I do struggle getting power back down on the left hander that starts the 2nd sector. But I'm so quick everywhere else it makes up for it. 

4. Singapore- My favorite track overall. Very challenging especially when the tires go away. 

5. Mexico- The final sector gives me trouble but I still enjoy the track. First place I got a win with 110% AI so It holds a special place for me.

Worst 5:

1. Bahrain- I struggle on every part of this track. Spin the tires coming outta turn 1 and it's all down hill from there. Entry into all corners are terrible. Especially the last one leading to the front stretch. With the best car in the game i still barely hang onto the points. Least favorite by far

2. Monaco- I cant say what hasn't really been said about this already. I can put a few real fast laps together but I always end up in the wall before I put a race together. 

3. Baku- I'm so inconsistent here. I've actually had a few good runs here but usually I struggle keeping good pace. One good lap is followed by 2 bad ones. The first sector always kills me. I'm currently with Ferrari and I only managed a 7th place finish. It would have been worse had there not been a couple retirements.

4. Malaysia- Cant stand this track. The 3rd sector especially gets me every time, but not good at most of it. The sweeping right hander leading to the back stretch in particular. Another one I barely hang onto points.

5. Brazil- I actually enjoy this track but I'm just not good at it. The first turn and the whole second sector isnt kind to me at all. Spent alot of time working on this track too and have barely improved.
  • R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    Favorites
    1 Monaco
    2 Albert Park
    3 Bahrain
    4 Valencia (loved this circuit shame its gone)
    5 Russia
    would love to have the Korean circuit back

Worst 
    1 Japan Japan Japan dear God I hate that circuit with a passion I find it boring
    2 Shanghai
    3 Barcelona
    4 nurburgring
    5 India possibly the worst ever circuit ever to be conceived 
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    sirio994 said:
    1henryw said:
    Judging by this they need to turn down the difficulty at Monaco 
    It's the concept behind Monaco. Good players find Monaco too easy. Average players find it hard.

The AI is calculated to be slower, but in Monaco it's different cause the average player is not only slower but is more conservative too.

The one second per 10 points rule doesn't work well in Monaco...
    It isn't that I find it harder than anywhere else in a real sense.

I just find it very uninteresting.

The cars cannot show their power and ability because everything is so slow and cramped.

It is boring, ends up a procession, and actually rewards robotic precision instead of daring.

You get to a point where you just cannot go any faster.

It is inherently a limited circuit, and dull because of it, in my opinion.

That is in race conditions, especially if you are in the pack, which tends to be the case as I would think most good players are on the hardest difficulty and as such it is a test to get pole, plus overtaking is difficult, meaning not much really happens.

In a time trial, however, with a clear track, where you can find time to tailor a perfect set up, and where you have the track to yourself and so you can work up a rhythm, it is much better.

But in a race, in my opinion, it is a chore, it is follow the leader, it restricts the cars, castrates them, and ends up a dull, irritating procession.

That is why I picked it as a least favourite, and I suspect why many others did.
    It's only a chore if you make it a chore, I personally hate Japan so for me to do the race there is a chore where as I get to Monaco and I hit my stride I can spend 20 laps in and out of the pits just nailing my set up once you nail that set up Monaco is a blast getting the car to turn in the front end to bite and corner hard having those little slides up to the barriers in qualy then settling it down and just having a car that will do exactly what you want when you're never more than half a meter from race over is a huge thrill and it's a massive reward afterwards
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited July 12
    Favorite tracks:

1) Suzuka. Sector 1 is what F1 cars were built for, no other track flows like this in my opinion.
    2) Spa, Belgium: Love it for the elevation changes, challenging corners and beautiful surroundings.
    3) Singapore: It's a great and challenging track once you get in the flow and the night setting looks incredible.
    4) Austria, Red Bull Ring: Short track with nice and fast flow, always love driving it.
    5) Canada: It's just a fun and fast circuit, always produces great racing as well.
    6 *) Honorable mentions:  Spain, Silverstone & Brazil. 

Least favorites: 

1) Baku: I think it's just terrible to drive, full of awkward slow corners and can never find a rythm.
    2) Abu Dhabi: Feels like a giant painted parking lot with kerbs. Completely dull and not challenging.
    3) Mexico: Not sure why, I just don't like driving it. Feels a bit like a random collection of corners.
    4Monaco: Fun for some TT laps, but it's just not suited for modern F1 racing anymore.

5) I actually enjoy driving most/all other tracks on the current calendar, so no #5 on this list for me:) 
    Post edited by Worntoathread on
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    Absolute Fav:
    -Bahrain
    -Hockenheimring
    -Indianapolis
    -Magny Cours
    -Istanbul

Absolute Hate:
    -Malaysia
    -Brazil
    -Catalunya
    -China
    -Nürburgring
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • swiffer18swiffer18 Member New Car Smell
    Favorite tracks:
    1. Spa
    2. Singapore
    3. Suzuka
    4. Montreal
    5. Baku

Least favorites: 
    1. Austin  (is boring)
    2. Sotschi (dont know why I dont like it, but I dont like it)
    3. Abu Dhabi (like the location, but I dont like the 3rd sector, because I always fail to get this one right)
    4. Sao Paulo (again, I like the track itself, but Im not good there)
    5. Monza (I keep throwing away my car in Ascari)

• Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    Best:
    1. Silverstone
    2. Spa
    3. Suzuka
    4.Interlagos
    5. Melbourne

Worst:
    1. Abu Dhabi
    2. Baku
    3. Singapore