Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Favourite and least favourite circuits?

Comments

• ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    The only thing about Baku I dislike is never being able to do the improve speed trap data at the final corner in practice, its a good challenging corner with no run off and wanting to get max speed so trying not to lift or turning too hard to loose speed AND its also a tad slippery! But that is one practice goal I have NEVER achieved! Sigh! Tips & tricks welcome of course ;)
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • ilikefastilikefast Member Wheel Nut
    I absolutely dispise Russia with all my heart. It’s a mess and doesn’t deserve to be on any calendar never Mind f1. It’s juat disgusting. I can’t even get in the top 400 in TT when I’m normally top 50. It’s just bad. I even skip my league races there.

ok. It’s not that bad. But still it’s rubbish.....
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    ilikefast said:
    I absolutely dispise Russia with all my heart. It’s a mess and doesn’t deserve to be on any calendar never Mind f1. It’s juat disgusting. I can’t even get in the top 400 in TT when I’m normally top 50. It’s just bad. I even skip my league races there.

ok. It’s not that bad. But still it’s rubbish.....
    So you hate it because you can't find the pace? ;)  

Just kidding, but it does actually raise an interesting question; Do most people automatically love the tracks they're good at and hate tracks where they're struggling for pace, or do you also have 'favorites' where you're terrible and vice versa?

Honestly I probably/usually start enjoying a track only from the moment I start to find some real pace and it 'clicks', but there's some ( like Brazil) that are one of my worst, yet I'd still consider it one of the most fun tracks to drive, so it's not necessarily related.
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    @Worntoathread

>Do most people automatically love the tracks they're good at and hate tracks where they're struggling for pace, or do you also have 'favorites' where you're terrible and vice versa? 

Indeed, a very interesting question mate, for example:

I personally always am in the Top 50 of Malaysia, but i still hate the track to the fullest, no seemless flow to it, too hot, too much rain, no "unique" corners worth to be mentioned and not to forget the annoying late apex right handers.

At Hockenheimring i'm always "mediocre" but the track has got all the stuff that Malaysia is missing imho, especially the long straight + the stadium section are fun to drive.

You could create a new discussion or even a poll with that question of yours.
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • CmdrCodyCmdrCody Member Wheel Nut
    Man, there's lots of hate against the Chinese track in here. I hated it myself as well, especially the snail curve at the start, but it actually feels very rewarding once you understand how you need to tackle it. The practice sessions in F1 2017 really helped me understand the track.

Most Favorite:
    - Spa
    - Austria
    - Suzuka
    - Interlagos
    - Sochi

Least Favorite:
    - Monaco: too easy to crash, too hard to overtake.
    - Silverstone, because the "new" track layout totally screws with my memory which still remembers the old layout.
    - Singapore: actually a cool track, but some parts are too tight and easy to crash in, like in Monaco.
    - Sepang. Nothing really wrong with it, but it's so late in the calendar, it's not featured in other games, and I just don't have much practice on that track.
    - Monza, maybe? It's a bit boring.
  • NesjamagNesjamag Member Unleaded
    Best:
    1. Japan, just love the flow of this circuit.
    2. Silverstone. Love the flow of much of the circuit.
    3. Spain
    4. Spa
    5. Singapore

Worst:
    1. Baku. Boring, too long straights.
    2. Mexico. Boring, too long straight.
    3. Bahrain
    4. Russia
  • ilikefastilikefast Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 2018
    @Worntoathread

>Do most people automatically love the tracks they're good at and hate tracks where they're struggling for pace, or do you also have 'favorites' where you're terrible and vice versa? 

Indeed, a very interesting question mate, for example:

I personally always am in the Top 50 of Malaysia, but i still hate the track to the fullest, no seemless flow to it, too hot, too much rain, no "unique" corners worth to be mentioned and not to forget the annoying late apex right handers.

At Hockenheimring i'm always "mediocre" but the track has got all the stuff that Malaysia is missing imho, especially the long straight + the stadium section are fun to drive.

You could create a new discussion or even a poll with that question of yours.
    I’d say I’m pretty good at Malaysia aswell. One I found out that I actually had pace there, I managed to like the track a lot more. Maybe it’s just a mindset thing. I think the reason I like the track is that nearly every corner is technically demanding. Especially that penultimate corner, it’s soo rewarding when you get it right. And also I think I’m bad at Russia cos I have in my mind that it’s a horrible track, which it is. If I haven’t made it clear already.
  • RhinoCharging00RhinoCharging00 Member Co-Driver
    edited July 2018
    I was thinking about circuits that have been on the f1 calendar over the years, but were dropped for whatever reason and have yet to return or likely never will, as well as those that I would like to see on the calendar but have been deemed unsuitable or not modern enough.

My personal favourites, ones I would most like to see return or be added are;

1) Nurburgring GP.
    (Nice rhythm, great overtake into turn 1 and into the penultimate corner <the chicane>).

2) Valencia.
    (Loved the fast opening section into the right-left double apex hairpin/chicane, plus the long back straight into the last corner).

3) Adelaide.
    (Remember it from the first ps1 f1 game, and love it's fast straight into heavy braking and the nice last sector).

4) Silverstone (original configuration)
    (Classic Silverstone, so many great corners for overtaking, nice rhythm, a real racers track).

5) Long Beach.
    (Proper street circuit, really punishes mistakes, very fast).
  • Tunari89Tunari89 Member Wheel Nut
    I was thinking about circuits that have been on the f1 calendar over the years, but were dropped for whatever reason and have yet to return or likely never will, as well as those that I would like to see on the calendar but have been deemed unsuitable or not modern enough.

1) Nurburgring GP.
    (Nice rhythm, great overtake into turn 1 and into the penultimate corner <the chicane>).

2) Valencia.
    (Loved the fast opening section into the right-left double apex hairpin/chicane, plus the long back straight into the last corner).

3) Adelaide.
    (Remember it from the first ps1 f1 game, and love it's fast straight into heavy braking and the nice last sector).

(Classic Silverstone, so many great corners for overtaking, nice rhythm, a real racers track).

5) Long Beach.
    Um. The old Silverstone configuration, that was used before the modern one, is not the "original" configuration. For people, who doesn't know, the area of Silverstone used to be RAF airfield on the 1940's, and original configuration used the runways of said airfield. That, however, was only the case for the first ever race held in Silverston in 1948. Just check out the wikipedia article about the circuit's development and history.

Though, that being said, while I do enjoy driving the modern track in F1 games, I still miss the old "Bridge Grand Prix Circuit" configuration.

1) Nurburgring GP.

2) Valencia.

3) Adelaide.

5) Long Beach.
    Um. The old Silverstone configuration, that was used before the modern one, is not the "original" configuration. For people, who doesn't know, the area of Silverstone used to be RAF airfield on the 1940's, and original configuration used the runways of said airfield. That, however, was only the case for the first ever race held in Silverston in 1948. Just check out the wikipedia article about the circuit's development and history.

Though, that being said, while I do enjoy driving the modern track in F1 games, I still miss the old "Bridge Grand Prix Circuit" configuration.
    It's the original configuration, as opposed to the reconfigured layout, to most modern drivers and players of Codemasters f1 games.

You kind of knew what I meant but are splitting hairs.

1) Nurburgring GP.

2) Valencia.

3) Adelaide.

5) Long Beach.

It's the original configuration, as opposed to the reconfigured layout, to most modern drivers and players of Codemasters f1 games.

Well, let's say it this way: It's original configuration for those, who aren't interested that much about the history of F1 (which, by the way, is the main reason why I am somewhat hyped of F1 2018, you know, those old classic cars) Or history all-together, for that matters. But you're lucky, that I didn't start splitting hairs about Valencia being on your list. Hint: I fudging hate that track. It's boring. It doesn't have any character at all.
  • lukasz44hamlukasz44ham Member New Car Smell
    best:
    Spa Francorchamps - love this track, fast corners, great history and of course Eau Rouge.
    Monaco - Love the fact that this track is very narrow and there no space for mistake
    Suzuka - first sector is just awesome
    Austin - love the cauntry and the track. The fast corners in first sectors are incredible
    Australia - I dont know why but I always loved that track
    Hungaroring - love this track but especialy second, very technical sector
    worst:
    Sochi - hate this track since beginning, just hate
    Azerbaijan - I know we had pretty exciting races in last 2 years but I always missing the braking points and crash into the wall. Not the best track for me
    Spielberg - pretty boring track layout

Tunari89 said:

1) Nurburgring GP.

2) Valencia.

3) Adelaide.

5) Long Beach.

Well, let's say it this way: It's original configuration for those, who aren't interested that much about the history of F1 (which, by the way, is the main reason why I am somewhat hyped of F1 2018, you know, those old classic cars) Or history all-together, for that matters. But you're lucky, that I didn't start splitting hairs about Valencia being on your list. Hint: I fudging hate that track. It's boring. It doesn't have any character at all.
    Stop the condescending tone, pal.
    best:
    Spa Francorchamps - love this track, fast corners, great history and of course Eau Rouge.
    Monaco - Love the fact that this track is very narrow and there no space for mistake
    Suzuka - first sector is just awesome
    Austin - love the cauntry and the track. The fast corners in first sectors are incredible
    Australia - I dont know why but I always loved that track
    Hungaroring - love this track but especialy second, very technical sector
    worst:
    Sochi - hate this track since beginning, just hate
    Azerbaijan - I know we had pretty exciting races in last 2 years but I always missing the braking points and crash into the wall. Not the best track for me
    Spielberg - pretty boring track layout

Agree that Hungaroring is very technical and I think it's underrated.
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    I just want to see some chicanes moved out of some tracks. The last chicane at Spain should be removed so the cars can overtake and reach max speeds down the straights. Abu Dhabi could be a lot better if they rounded some of the corners and removed some chicanes just to give it a better flow.

Some of my favorite tracks
    Silverstone
    Spa
    RedBull Ring
    Suzuka
    Brazil
    Bahrain
    Monza
  • Koekenbakker28Koekenbakker28 Member Unleaded
    Australia’s the best and USA the worst. That track is for moto gp not f1
  • Turn1SeagullTurn1Seagull Member Wheel Nut
    My favourite tracks would probably be:
    Spa
    Monza
    Singapore

The tracks I don't like are:
    Barcelona
    Sochi
    Yas Marina
    Baku

I like the rest of the tracks just not as much as  my top 3.
    edited July 2018
    Australia’s the best and USA the worst. That track is for moto gp not f1
    Well, seeing as it was built to be used as F1 venue (MotoGP only moved there after first F1 race was held there), so it's built for F1, not MotoGP, even though both can race there.

Even though it's not on my top list, it's not on my worst list either. I kind of like it, but then again I kind of don't like it. Some parts of it is fun, but others aren't. But above all, it's a lot better track, than say Shanghai International Crapcuit. I hate that track... No, I actually despise that track...

• WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    Nesjamag said:
    Best:
    1. Japan, just love the flow of this circuit.
    2. Silverstone. Love the flow of much of the circuit.
    3. Spain
    4. Spa
    5. Singapore

Worst:
    1. Baku. Boring, too long straights.
    2. Mexico. Boring, too long straight.
    3. Bahrain
    4. Russia
    Pretty much my list as well, I'd agree with all of those except for Bahrain and maybe either Austria or Canada instead of Spain / Silverstone. Looks like we're both fans of flowing corners, elevation changes and old school grass and gravel traps ;) 
  • MattDobsonMattDobson Member New Car Smell
    Best Five:
    1) Spa-Francorchamps
    2) Silverstone
    3) Monza
    4) Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
    5) Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
    Worst Five:
    1) Monaco
    2) Sepang
    3) Albert Park
    4) Sochi Autodrom