Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The physics in this are impressive.

I'm not saying that one is better than the other, but this game is worth the entrance fee. Along with physics, the stages are really well done. In the clip below, it looks like I'm out on a Sunday drive (I plan to go full McRae,  once I'm more settled in, lol). Howerver, back to the physics; I don't know how 'technically' accurate they are, but for capturing the essence of how I expect a car to behave, it does that for me. 

In summary; It's WRC Jim, but not as we know it (apologies for the trek pun).

Hengist.

My (no advertisements) tube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Fd4uRDjTFn1dr3gHVPFnw

Comments

• RallyGamerRallyGamer Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 2
    @Hengist +1

I am playing the PC version of WRC 7

THE PLUS:
    WRC/rally feeling: 10
    Cars: 9
    Tracks/stages: 10  they are freaking awesome, unique and with so many details
    Sound: 8.5 i really like the braking sounds
    Physics: 9 it actually gives me as a 'noob driver' the feeling i can drive like a wrc dude ;-), they way you can set your car up for a corner is awesome
    Menu: 9
    Worth mentioning: the game has super special stages and they are a lot of fun
    Overall fun factor: 10

THE MINUS
    The stutter issue, fixed it for now by playing the game in windowed mode, hope they fix this because then the game will get a big fat 10 from me.
    Can't mod the game yet ;-)

RallyGamer's Playground   I   Liveries, Mods & Tools   I   www.rallygamer.com

• HengistHengist Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 2
    That's a pity about your stutter problem. I hope that it gets sorted soon. I'm on the pro, so I get a 30fps experience, which isn't ideal, but at least it appears to be constantly hitting 30fps with no dips or screen tear. The other issue that I had were the in-game default wheel settings for my T300RS which were seriously wrong (I soon changed them). Apart from those two things, I'm very happy with the rest.

To people who are on the fence about purchasing (possibly based on the previous sub-par in this series) and as one rally fan to another, this title is worth owning.

*edit: P.S. It also had no problem recognising multiple inputs, so I was able to map my shifter to the handbrake.  :)

Hengist.

• DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    Stutter was fixed for most with the 1.01 patch.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    Dytut said:
    Stutter was fixed for most with the 1.01 patch.
    It's running very nicely for me now. 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    I agree with Rallygamer, however Car 9 points is a bit far optimistic, there are plenty of holes in the 3D mesh, car interiors looks pretty bad, both shaders and models I also like its sounds, in case of WRC cars And the environments, stages all of them are perfect, so realistic! But 3 stages per country is nothing for your money...

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    Hengist said:
    That's a pity about your stutter problem. I hope that it gets sorted soon. I'm on the pro, so I get a 30fps experience, which isn't ideal, but at least it appears to be constantly hitting 30fps with no dips or screen tear. The other issue that I had were the in-game default wheel settings for my T300RS which were seriously wrong (I soon changed them). Apart from those two things, I'm very happy with the rest.

To people who are on the fence about purchasing (possibly based on the previous sub-par in this series) and as one rally fan to another, this title is worth owning.

*edit: P.S. It also had no problem recognising multiple inputs, so I was able to map my shifter to the handbrake.  :)

That sounds good, would you mind sharing your wheel setups? I'm planning to buy WRC 7 as soon as it goes on sale and I use your same wheel, it would really help to have a starting point.

mesa said:
    I agree with Rallygamer, l I also like its sounds, in case of WRC cars And the environments, stages all of them are perfect, so realistic! But 3 stages per country is nothing for your money...
    Well DiRT Rally has two stages per location basically, then reversed and cut ones. And it has six locations whereas WRC has 13
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    Still no word on fixes for improved controller support in WRC7?

I know people have been trying to contact the developers through email / Steam forums / support channels / by phone with no responses to date.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

• mesamesa Member Co-Driver

Well DiRT Rally has two stages per location basically, then reversed and cut ones. And it has six locations whereas WRC has 13
    BTW DR (not D4) stages looks even better, and at least their stages are longer. In WRC 7 there is only one  stage longer than 4 km per each location., which is a shame  because as i said their stages looks pretty awesome - reminds me to RBR stage mods which depends on real tracks

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

edited October 3
    mesa said:
    In WRC 7 there is only one  stage longer than 4 km per each location., which is a shame
    I just did two back to back, 10k+'s. Although I was too busy to check if it was just an reverse affair? I'll investigate the situation.  :)
    Hengist.

edited October 3
    carpa said:
    That sounds good, would you mind sharing your wheel setups? I'm planning to buy WRC 7 as soon as it goes on sale and I use your same wheel, it would really help to have a starting point.
    Certainly mate. For my T300RS, I have the following:

Force feedback 75
    Vibration 25
    All dead zones 0
    Steering sensitivity 50
    Brake sensitivity 50
    Accelerator sensitivity 50
    Steering degrees 540 - ensure that your physical wheel matches whatever value that you personally choose here. The default was something like 630 which is a value that I can't select on my wheel. It's also best to periodically check your physical wheel value, once the game is running, as I swear the game keeps changing mine from 540 to 240 on game start-up, lol.

Hengist.

edited October 3
    mesa said:

BTW DR (not D4) stages looks even better, and at least their stages are longer. In WRC 7 there is only one  stage longer than 4 km per each location., which is a shame  because as i said their stages looks pretty awesome - reminds me to RBR stage mods which depends on real tracks
    not entirely true, most stages are 4km to 9km, sss stages are the shortest. 

13 countries
    4 stages per country which is 52 stages
    13 stages longer then 10km of which two of 18+km and one a whopping 23.18km, the other stage lengths are about 10, 11,13,14 and 17 km

i also like it better now to do a full rally per country, short stage, long stage, very long stage and a sss stage, i think it is better balanced.

mesa said:
    I agree with Rallygamer, however Car 9 points is a bit far optimistic, there are plenty of holes in the 3D mesh, car interiors looks pretty bad, both shaders and models I also like its sounds, in case of WRC cars And the environments, stages all of them are perfect, so realistic! But 3 stages per country is nothing for your money...
    yeah i gave it a 9 because all modern rally cars are in it and a cool Porsche. With Codemasters rally games we always get the rally cars years after they were released in the real world and as an example the DS3 rally car is still not in a Codemasters game. We probably get it when it is no longer in use in the real world :-) which is a pity.

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    carpa said:
    While technically not a rally stage, I would also count Pikes Peak as another location for DiRT Rally, it is another 20km after all. Everyone alyways leaves that one out
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Wheel Nut
    Guys, I have compiled a list of stages and km in WRC 7. There is a total of 409.03 km of which 345,88 km are original. To qualify as original the parts of the Epic Stages that use the regular stages must be either original or reversed. Sweden for example has an Epic Stage made up of the two SS and they are NOT reversed, so that counts as 0km, wheras the asphalt rallies have all reversed stages so the Epic Stages in those cases get full credit. The breakdown is in my forum (in Spanish but you get the idea, they're just a bunch of numbers):
    https://simracer.uno/foros/wrc-juegos-oficiales/lista-completa-de-tramos-con-kilometraje
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    Hengist said:
    carpa said:
    Certainly mate. For my T300RS, I have the following:

Force feedback 75
    Vibration 25
    All dead zones 0
    Steering sensitivity 50
    Brake sensitivity 50
    Accelerator sensitivity 50
    Steering degrees 540 - ensure that your physical wheel matches whatever value that you personally choose here. The default was something like 630 which is a value that I can't select on my wheel. It's also best to periodically check your physical wheel value, once the game is running, as I swear the game keeps changing mine from 540 to 240 on game start-up, lol.

Thanks mate ;)

Didzis said:
    carpa said:
    While technically not a rally stage, I would also count Pikes Peak as another location for DiRT Rally, it is another 20km after all. Everyone alyways leaves that one out

Of course, I was talking about rally stages only. PP is good fun though
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
    I came across this a few days ago. I thought that I'd post, in case anyone is interested?

http://www.isrtv.com/wrc-series/wrc-7-review/

Hengist.

• BongomasterBongomaster Member Unleaded
    edited October 5
    WRC7, great game.
    Imagine what they could do with a 2 year development cycle.
    A DLC pack of classic cars would be amazing. They "only" have cars from 2016 and 2017.
  • nbates66nbates66 Member New Car Smell
    A DLC pack of classic cars would be amazing. They "only" have cars from 2016 and 2017.
    that may be part of it though, not having any classic car models to worry about means fewer cars to focus on in regards to modeling handling, I like my Group A and B cars though. :smile:
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    I feel like living in a surrealism reading these triumph comments for WRC 7 , the game is the worse rally game ever played for me.. These physics had some rally games 20 years back about.. :o
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    I feel like living in a surrealism reading these triumph comments for WRC 7 , the game is the worse rally game ever played for me.. These physics had some rally games 20 years back about.. :o

I can't speak to the physics but, I can tell you that the controller support dates back by 20 years. :p

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1