Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The physics in this are impressive.

Comments

• boganibogani Member Champion
    The FFB is quite bad, and the initial impression was pretty bad on my end, but the 2017 WRC's behave pretty believable on gravel to me. You can really take advantage of the insane grip the aero gives at speed.

I also love the gravel clatter sound. They really nailed that.

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• HengistHengist Member Wheel Nut
    bogani said:
    the 2017 WRC's behave pretty believable on gravel to me. You can really take advantage of the insane grip the aero gives at speed.
    Some great driving there mate. Thanks for sharing the clip. I enjoyed watching it.
    Hengist.

My (no advertisements) tube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Fd4uRDjTFn1dr3gHVPFnw

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    well , the guys at Inside Sim Racing like the title,and i based my decicsion on that for buying it.Arrives tomorrow :) 
  • RallyGamerRallyGamer Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 5
    I feel like living in a surrealism reading these triumph comments for WRC 7 , the game is the worse rally game ever played for me.. These physics had some rally games 20 years back about.. :o
    ...but the game makes up in a lot of other areas almost forgetting the 'bad' physics :-), overall the game gives me a good vibration and a lot of fun and a good wrc feeling and that is what i am looking for in a rally game. DiRT Rally is good but not enough new content so a new game was welcome. DiRT 4 was a huge disappointment and a waist of my 42 euro's. I was so eager to play a new rally game (and all the modern rally cars) again that i tried WRC 7 and lord oh lord a bit outdated but the urge to rally was so big i couldn't care about the graphics and physics. After playing it i was happily surprised of the overall game. No game is perfect but as it is a game the fun factor is important to me and i think to a lot of other players.

Here is my top rally game list, number 1 is the game with the best mix of everything:

1. DiRT2 (most underestimated game in the rally community if you ask me, it was a giant leap from DiRT and DiRT 2 is still the base for all the rally games after that from Codemasters)
    2. DiRT3
    3. DiRT Rally Germany stages only
    4. WRC 7
    5. DiRT4 / DiRT Rally all the stages except the Germany stages
    6. Colin McRae Rally 2.0
    7. Colin McRae Rally 2005

I Wish Codemasters would create a sandbox game in which are:
    - 13 countries/sandboxes
    - 39 unique detailed stages ranging from 8 - 30 km (13 x 8km, 13x 18km, 13x 30km) like in wrc 7
    - because it is a sandbox game they could implement a generate track option
    - DiRT 3 physics, as an extra option they can implement semi sim physics
    - SSS stages for each country
    - All well known modern rally cars and liveries
    - a real rally feeling like wrc 7 with all it's details
    - Project Cars 2 graphics
    - fun factor from DiRT 2
    - Option to add custom liveries, project cars 2 made is possible by default
    - possibility to add menu images for custom liveries
    - game should last for at least 3 years, at release a full game and then 3 times a year a significant dlc pack with countries and cars and that for 3 years which are worth to buy.

guess that would be cool....but also a utopia. DiRT 4 was so boring after 2 weeks we all like WRC 7 because we wanne rally in a rally world ;-)

RallyGamer's Playground   I   Liveries, Mods & Tools   I   www.rallygamer.com

• LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 5
    Thought everyone would enjoy this WRC 7 vs Real Life comparison video I made after running on the Arena Panzerplatte. I did an identical time as Tänak on SS13 this year, and it's interesting to observe where the game is accurate and where not:

Post edited by LudwigVonMises on
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Thought everyone would enjoy this WRC 7 vs Real Life comparison video I made after running on the Arena Panzerplatte. I did an identical time as Tänak on SS13 this year:

Cars are so overpowered or the stages are out of scale, or everything is a bit of a mess.
    Your Min. Corner Speed is faster than Ott's, but Ott is faster in twisty sections, then you achieve 200kph super easily and Ott goes up to 170kph.
    I don't Say people can't enjoy it, if you like it play it, but the physics are far from being accurate or impressive as the thread says
    Thought everyone would enjoy this WRC 7 vs Real Life comparison video I made after running on the Arena Panzerplatte. I did an identical time as Tänak on SS13 this year:
    Cool vid' mate.

Fedemaisonnave said:
    but the physics are far from being accurate or impressive as the thread says
    I originally stated that I didn't know how 'technically' accurate it was. However, as for the physics being impressive, I still maintain that they are and would have to disagree with you on that.
    Hengist.

Cars are so overpowered or the stages are out of scale, or everything is a bit of a mess.
    Your Min. Corner Speed is faster than Ott's, but Ott is faster in twisty sections, then you achieve 200kph super easily and Ott goes up to 170kph.
    I don't Say people can't enjoy it, if you like it play it, but the physics are far from being accurate or impressive as the thread says
    The stage itself seems pretty accurate. It seems Ott has more grip and I have more acceleration. Keep in mind many of my corner speeds are probably not accurate due to wheelspin because of how I set up the car.

Anyway, the point of the video was not to say "Wow look how real this is", rather a tool to observe coincidences and differences compared to real life. For a simcade it's pretty accurate, and dang is it fun!
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    Everyone is trying to dissect the game or pick holes.   It’s far from polished, but it’s, at face value, enjoyable.
    KevM said:
    It’s far from polished, but it’s, at face value, enjoyable.
    The main attraction for me are that the physics feel like a car, in relation to my driving inputs, and they react as I intend them to. Also, as you've mentioned, it is a damn enjoyable experience to boot.  :) 

Hengist.

• carpacarpa Member Race Steward

The stage itself seems pretty accurate. It seems Ott has more grip and I have more acceleration. Keep in mind many of my corner speeds are probably not accurate due to wheelspin because of how I set up the car.

Anyway, the point of the video was not to say "Wow look how real this is", rather a tool to observe coincidences and differences compared to real life. For a simcade it's pretty accurate, and dang is it fun!
    Acceleration and braking is way better in game than in real life but in the corners the real car seems to have quite a lot more grip and control. It doesn't seem that bad though, and this is a common issue in rally games
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
    edited October 5
    carpa said:
    Acceleration and braking is way better in game than in real life but in the corners the real car seems to have quite a lot more grip and control. It doesn't seem that bad though, and this is a common issue in rally games
    Most definitely the case and very clear in the video. Everything I lose in the turns I make up on the straights. The overpowered acceleration was even acknowledged in a Dev Diary which I embed below.

Kylotonn was always very clear in telling people not to expect a sim in WRC 7. The copy/paste answer was always "WRC 7 will be a mix of simulation and arcade". Those of us enjoying the game, since we're all DiRT Rally fans, might give others the impression that we are trying to say WRC 7 is some kind of great rally sim. It's not. It's intuitive, competent and believable. And a lot of fun. That's why we like it.
    There is one thing that I've not mentioned so far, and that's the road surface feel. Yes, as expected, there's a noticeable difference between tarmac, gravel and snow, but what I find impressive, is that the game can replicate even further parameters, e.g.. Apart from staples such as wet and dry tarmac, you can tell the difference between fine dry gravel and claggy wet gravel in this title. The same goes for heavy snow and slush.
    Hengist.

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited October 6
    Hengist said:
    I feel like living in a surrealism reading these triumph comments for WRC 7 , the game is the worse rally game ever played for me.. These physics had some rally games 20 years back about.. :o
    If that's your opinion, then it's probably best that you stay away from the title and leave it to the bigger boys.  :)

LoL ok dude if WRC 7 is for bigger boys i wish you good luck with it and i go to play some games suitable for younger boys like me as Project Cars 2 , Forza Motorsport 7 , Dirt Rally ... :p 

Ok everyone has his own taste , if you enjoy the game i am not gonna argue with you more , just you to know which are the best rally games for me:  (games of last 10 years only , its not fair to compare modern games with 20 years old games)

1) Dirt rally has the best physics - handling - sound - graphics in a rally game ever but the luck of further support , locations , online rally mode killed the game..

2) Dirt 2 the best between the three first Dirt games , it combines the simulator and arcade feeling very well , good career, absolutely loved the bloody Malaysia location , loved all cars all tracks possibility in online. in cons cars list is not great , lack of snow , too much americanized...

3) Dirt 4, i like handling and physics of simulator mode , generated stages do not work very well as you feel to be in the same place again and again , decent career , good enough car list , early death for online multi , overall i like it but it could be (and it should be) way better after the great Dirt rally

4) Dirt 3 , good car list and fun online but too arcade , downgraded physics compare to Dirt 2 , not liked gymkhana and cat n mouse modes.. They are not for a rally games these..

5) Colin Mac Rae DIRT 1 good enough but somehow precursor

6) Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO , good enough simcade handling , acceptable graphics , great list of cars and tracks , good career , terrible online multi

7) All Milestone's WRC (1-4) pretty mediocre in all sections

8) All  Kylotonn's WRC (5-7) even worse exepting graphics

Post edited by MiatakiasGR on
    Loaded it up yesterday...........................its no sim ,but has a certain fun factor.cars are way too stable ,and fast.Stop way too quick,with no instability and much weight to them.It is better than all WRC titles before ,though.Seems tuning options are just a gimmick,not lending much to difference in feel.
    Graphics on PS4 are lacking in sharpness compared to Dirt and PC2.

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited October 6
    Loaded it up yesterday...........................its no sim ,but has a certain fun factor.cars are way too stable ,and fast.Stop way too quick,with no instability and much weight to them.It is better than all WRC titles before ,though.Seems tuning options are just a gimmick,not lending much to difference in feel.

You sound somehow disappointed about WRC 7? And you are on PS4 which means you bought expensively, on PC you can find steam key for 20 euros right now..
    GT Sport should be the game i would buy on PS4 (ok its not pure rally but it includes some off road tracks)

Come on dudes even Codemasters has gone down last years , its the only hope for us rally lovers to create a really good rally game (see Dirt rally) , is it clean enough or you will give a try to the next big thing of Milestones called "Gravel" ? :# :|

Αnd Hengist you abvisously go too slow in the first video you uploaded in this topic , why this??

To convence people that this is a sim game with great physics as the tittle says?
    I tried WRC 7 on PC full graphics ,with  xbox360 gamepad , all assist off and i could  go as fast as hell >:)

Post edited by MiatakiasGR on

Keep in mind that the 2017 cars have much more grip, braking power and acceleration than the 2016 cars. However, as you can see in my comparison video the braking and acceleration are exaggerated in the game, while grip seems lower than in real life. Maybe you need some more hours with the game because when you push hard it's really easy to mess up. The 2017 cars, yes, they are stable, just as IRL, but they are very difficult to drive on the limit. Try the 2016 cars; they have more of a DiRT Rally feel to them.

Setups are definitely not a gimmick. Suspension, differentials and brake balance are the biggies and produce the desired effects depending on how you tune.

I am on PS4 Pro. Good God those 30fps! But it looks quite nice in 2K. Better than D4 but not at DR level, but the draw distance is fantastic and there is loads of trackside details.
    edited October 6
    Αnd Hengist you abvisously go too slow in the first video you uploaded in this topic , why this??
    Yup, I was going slow, hence my reference to being out on a Sunday drive. The reason for this was that I had just got the game, and like any rally game that I buy, I like to take it slowly at first, to test what the car is capable of doing. Once I'm comfortable with it, that's when I up the ante and go 'full McRae', as I also previously mentioned.

I realise that some people may jump in with full throttle mode on, but I don't, it's just how I've always approached any decent racing title, be it track based or off-road. Also, the nerd in me, secretly enjoys this 'testing' phase of owning a new title.  :)

MiatakiasGR said:convence people that this is a sim game with great physics as the tittle says? 

I still maintain that the 'physics are impressive', as the title stated.
    Hengist.

Keep in mind that the 2017 cars have much more grip, braking power and acceleration than the 2016 cars. However, as you can see in my comparison video the braking and acceleration are exaggerated in the game, while grip seems lower than in real life. Maybe you need some more hours with the game because when you push hard it's really easy to mess up. The 2017 cars, yes, they are stable, just as IRL, but they are very difficult to drive on the limit. Try the 2016 cars; they have more of a DiRT Rally feel to them.

Setups are definitely not a gimmick. Suspension, differentials and brake balance are the biggies and produce the desired effects depending on how you tune.

I am on PS4 Pro. Good God those 30fps! But it looks quite nice in 2K. Better than D4 but not at DR level, but the draw distance is fantastic and there is loads of trackside details.
    well when i watch 2017 WRC footage it seems the drivers really "hang out" the back,and on throttle oversteer seems easy to do for them.Im having hard time in WRC7 to find tail happy(on gravel) setup