Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

AI cars having much superior straight line speed than me!

I consider myself average player, hence the issue I'm facing & I hope I find a solution to this.
When playing the current event (Hulk's Renault in Malaysia), I'm using a custom setup that I found on Youtube. The car through the 2nd sector is quite stable & quicker than the AI cars. But in the 1st & 3rd sectors, the AI cars are so quicker. Even a Sauber or a McLaren eases past me on the back straight. DRS being open also doesn't make a difference. Once they touch 5th gear, they streak ahead as if they are on DRS & not me.
Where I'm being wrong? Since I'm using a controller, I'm using medium TC with Automatic transmission due to the wet weather. Are these two mainly the reason for AI cars streaking past by me? I'm facing this issue in Championship races as well.
P.S - AI strength at 50%.

Comments

• SASColferSASColfer Member Wheel Nut
    Does your setup have high wing settings? They dramatically reduce your straight line speed. 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    PC, XBOX, PS4? Can you confirm you are registering 100% throttle in the HUD (Lower right I believe, shows brake and accelerator usage).
    You can also check in the Advanced steering options where it will show what the game registers when you fully press brake / accelerate.
    There have been issues with PS4 pad not registering correctly the inputs due to some issues with worn connector or similar. There have been a number of threads started for similar issues, maybe check them out.

Technical assistance may have been a better place to pose the question.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • Uday9479Uday9479 Member New Car Smell
    SASColfer said:
    Does your setup have high wing settings? They dramatically reduce your straight line speed. 
    Believe it or not, if I were to use a low downforce setup even, still the AI cars manage to pass by me. For the Malaysia event, I use 4/4 wings. I also noticed through the Automatic transmission, I rarely get to 300km/h speed.
    Is this because of TC or automatic transmission?
    FRACTURED said:
    PC, XBOX, PS4? Can you confirm you are registering 100% throttle in the HUD (Lower right I believe, shows brake and accelerator usage).
    You can also check in the Advanced steering options where it will show what the game registers when you fully press brake / accelerate.
    There have been issues with PS4 pad not registering correctly the inputs due to some issues with worn connector or similar. There have been a number of threads started for similar issues, maybe check them out.

Technical assistance may have been a better place to pose the question.
    Apologise for that. I'm a new user out here as well.
    When using Automatic transmission, I do notice that before reaching the higher RPM for that specific gear, the transmission upshifts even before it reaches mid RPM range.
    Uday9479 said:
    SASColfer said:
    Believe it or not, if I were to use a low downforce setup even, still the AI cars manage to pass by me. For the Malaysia event, I use 4/4 wings. I also noticed through the Automatic transmission, I rarely get to 300km/h speed.
    I am guessing you're getting like 95% throttle or less at the point where you should be getting 100%. You can change it with throttle sensitivity from the screens I outlined! Good luck!
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    FRACTURED said:
    Uday9479 said:
    SASColfer said:
    I am guessing you're getting like 95% throttle or less at the point where you should be getting 100%. You can change it with throttle sensitivity from the screens I outlined! Good luck!
    Are You referring to force feedback - sensitivity & linearity?
    I can't remember the exact name of the menu, I believe in last year's game it was "Advanced Wheel Settings" even though it's not strictly for wheel settings. 

If you find the menu, at bottom of screen it displays the inputs from your pad for brake and accelerate and you should be able to tell from there if you have an issue with  your pad that you need to tune around. 
    FRACTURED said:
    I can't remember the exact name of the menu, I believe in last year's game it was "Advanced Wheel Settings" even though it's not strictly for wheel settings. 

If you find the menu, at bottom of screen it displays the inputs from your pad for brake and accelerate and you should be able to tell from there if you have an issue with  your pad that you need to tune around. 
    Will surely check. Appreciate Your help.
    Settings > Controls > Customize Controls is as far as I could find just watching a random video. Somewhere in the game there is the same " advanced wheel settings"  screen from last year and hopefully when you open it and fully press your accelerator you'll see its not fully registering. I am trying to help, apologies if I am just confusing things :)

Not bothered getting this years game yet, but plenty here should be able to direct you to the correct screen tio check inputs  B)
  • smudger1982smudger1982 Member New Car Smell
    Game options/settings/customise controls/control schemes/edit/calibration/throttle saturation ;)
  • SauloCirineuSauloCirineu Member Unleaded
    If your pad could not register 100% trigger press just slide up the throttle saturation.

I had this problem with F1 2016, my pad could only register about 80% on the right trigger. Left trigger was fine. Just adjust saturation in order to have 100% when fully pressed.
    edited October 3
    If it is this that you need to adjust be mindful not to crank it up to much else you will find your spinning off in corner exit especially with traction control off obviously make sure it goes to 100% when fully pressed though
    Game options/settings/customise controls/control schemes/edit/calibration/throttle saturation ;)
    Thanks for the path.
    After seeing the calibration settings, here are my controller settings:
    Steering Deadzone - 0
    Steering Linearity - 0
    Steering Saturation - 0
    Throttle Deadzone - 0
    Throttle Linearity - 0
    Throttle Saturation - 0
    BrakeSaturation - 0
    Brake Saturation - 0
    Brake Saturation - 0
    Below these, there are slider settings for Steering (which is in the middle), throttle & brake.

What would be the most ideal settings? I use a controller.

Play with it a bit. Do you see the accelerator input? Put the least amount of throttle  Saturation that allows the trigger to register 100% throttle
    Uday9479 said:
    Thanks for the path.
    Steering Deadzone - 0
    Steering Linearity - 0
    Steering Saturation - 0
    Throttle Deadzone - 0
    Throttle Linearity - 0
    Throttle Saturation - 0
    BrakeSaturation - 0
    Brake Saturation - 0
    Brake Saturation - 0
    Below these, there are slider settings for Steering (which is in the middle), throttle & brake.

As @FRACTURED pointed out have a play around with the trigger/button and increase throttle saturation until you can hit 100 on slider at the bottom. Before I had to put mine upto 9 in value before investing in a new ps4 pad not to long ago and now all mine ive reset at zero.
    Uday9479 said:
    Thanks for the path.
    Steering Deadzone - 0
    Steering Linearity - 0
    Steering Saturation - 0
    Throttle Deadzone - 0
    Throttle Linearity - 0
    Throttle Saturation - 0
    BrakeSaturation - 0
    Brake Saturation - 0
    Brake Saturation - 0

As @FRACTURED pointed out have a play around with the trigger/button and increase throttle saturation until you can hit 100 on slider at the bottom. Before I had to put mine upto 9 in value before investing in a new ps4 pad not to long ago and now all mine ive reset at zero.
    Thank You Smudger & Fractured for Your suggestions. Will surely try them.
    Guess what friends!!!!!!!!
    Remember my issue where I said the AI cars were mostly faster than me on a straight.
    I've actually found the issue & it's shocking, if not surprising!
    I use the right trigger (not R1 or R2). What I noticed today is that I never pushed the trigger completely upwards (90 degree angle). I subconsciously used to push the trigger at 75 degrees instead. When I would make sure the trigger is at 90 degrees, I got immense speed & traction.
    What a revelation!
    To do with how you hold the pad? That is kinda funny  :D

I kept having issues towards the end of FIFA 17 on the Elite pad. My guy would dive into these tackles and get sent off and it was doing my head in. I was using the pad in standard configuration so not using the fancy paddles on the back and I could not for the life of me work out why I kept diving in when i was trying for a standing tackle.

It was the way I was holding the pad, I was still pressing the tiny buttons mounted on the back, even without the paddles. Just generally gripping it too tight. Felt like an idiot, served at least 3 games worth of bans in our league just from how I was holding the pad too tightly  :#

• marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    try to use more downforce...
    sound strange- but these cars get their speed outgoing of the corners..