Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why won't you fix the game for g29 h shifter users

Scotty1983Scotty1983 Member New Car Smell
Its a known problem yet you guys won't fix it we havent had an update for the game since dirt 4 fail came out and now it looks like thats a flop and this master piece is now left rotting. I upgraded too the g29 so I can drive the old rally cars the way they were drove back in the day only too find the game wont pickup this controller even tho alot of other games just plug and play if you can't fix it refund us g29 users for faulty unsupported software.If you guys leave this game without support and no new updates it will be the last game I buy from you guys terrible way too treat customers and if you want loyalty dont treat us like money cows you can just milk everytime you want a funds topup.
Post edited by Scotty1983 on

Comments

• CodingRacerCodingRacer Member New Car Smell
     Oh, devs have added it to the issue queue :D :D
  • Scotty1983Scotty1983 Member New Car Smell
     Oh, devs have added it to the issue queue :D :D
    I'm laughing but really its shocking the state of the gaming industry these companys know there are no standard they have too stand by no agencys too test the product before released on the public to make sure its working we all know there will be bugs but enough is enough to me it seems like they think if they don't fix this then ill go buy dirt 4 not gunna happen they can stick that arcade console game right where the sun dont shine.I think if the community is still asking for content bug fixes or support for a product these cons sold us its the companys duty too support that product but too many mindless sheep just buy the next lump of crud they **** out its putting me off gaming too be honest.
  • cjr3559cjr3559 Member New Car Smell
    edited October 7
    I use a G29 with a G27 shifter and pedal set with no issues and full H-pattern compatibility.  I even change the input bindings to match the gates for corresponding cars; dogleg for the old Lancias, regular pattern for everything else. For sequential I use the O-ring shifter trick courtesy of a YouTube video I found. No complaints here. No experience with G29 shifter so I can’t compare. 
  • Scotty1983Scotty1983 Member New Car Smell
    cjr3559 said:
    I use a G29 with a G27 shifter and pedal set with no issues and full H-pattern compatibility.  I even change the input bindings to match the gates for corresponding cars; dogleg for the old Lancias, regular pattern for everything else. For sequential I use the O-ring shifter trick courtesy of a YouTube video I found. No complaints here. No experience with G29 shifter so I can’t compare. 
    My g29 is not seen as a wheel its seen as a controller not working can't play and still no help from codemaster not even a bloody responce they got the money now they are done.
    This is my last game I buy from these cons bloody joke I'll be posting videos steering people away from codemasters in the future truely shocking support from codemasters and after such a good start too an awesome game.
    cjr3559 said:
    My g29 is not seen as a wheel its seen as a controller not working can't play and still no help from codemaster not even a bloody responce they got the money now they are done.
    This is my last game I buy from these cons bloody joke I'll be posting videos steering people away from codemasters in the future truely shocking support from codemasters and after such a good start too an awesome game.
    Make sure the wheel is selected in the options menu. I’ve had some instances where the DS4 was selected as the primary controller and the wheel wouldn’t work.  It should be under ‘options’ then ‘input’. There will be a green check mark indicating which controller is active. 
    cjr3559 said:
    Make sure the wheel is selected in the options menu. I’ve had some instances where the DS4 was selected as the primary controller and the wheel wouldn’t work.  It should be under ‘options’ then ‘input’. There will be a green check mark indicating which controller is active.