Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 Pooji TV Japanese Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
I wanna get up at watch qualifying live tomorrow, but I'm out on the bevs tonight, can't imagine I'll be in the mood for a 5am start.

Looking forward to seeing Rosberg on Sky this weekend though, I hope they make the most of him, what an opportunity they have with a current world champion!
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    5am!?! Quali is at 7am, no? 
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Ah yes boi, result! Just assumed Suzuka would be a proper **** a doodle doo effort.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Oh okay, I guess Mercedes fixed their **** then.
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Let's wait for tomorrow...

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    So this is going to be the last race Palmer. Unlike most here I do like him, but his season has been tragic. Renault want to be back at the front, he’s clearly not good enough for that. Formula E inbound, it’s where all the failed F1 drivers go.
    Return of the Kvyat, love it.                
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    The guy singing the anthem sounded like he was just letting whatever sound his brain made up float out of his mouth :D
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    Wow, what a sad end to this title fight 
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    I'm so f*cking done with this season.   
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    edited October 8
    Sorry guys... There's still a fair way to go yet though, don't write off Vettel just yet! And you never know what might happen to Hamilton.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Sorry guys... There's still a fair way to go yet though, don't write off Vettel just yet! And you never know what might happen to Hamilton.
    I think it's pretty much over tbh. Even if Lewis has a PU change after that vibration he has a big enough lead to win it in Mexico.

Also, Lewis to Indy in 2018 confirmed.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

It's not over until it's over. Remember 2007.

"I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Remember my username? ;)

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    edited October 8
    Only thing missing today would've been Seb saying "GP2 engine.... GP2" down the straights. That would've numbed some of the crippling sadness. 

In all seriousness though, for all the genuine Hamilton fans on here, enjoy the title win. You guys had to go through a lot of **** last year, you've had some of that made up for now. 
    Unless Hamilton ends up screwing Bottas' wife, I don't think we'll see enough infighting at Mercedes to gift Vettel the title after today. It's definitely over. Just heard the fat lady humming in preparation for her concerto.

Good result from Max, could've stolen a win if his exit at the crossover tunnel wasn't ****, because I was expecting a banzai move in the hairpin.

Speaking of ****, how about Nico Hulkenberg's luck? Dude was on cours efor a solid 8th and he DNF's because of a DNS-failure. A **** DNS-failure. It's like at Singapore where he was looking at a podium and then his crew screwed up his pitstop.

Also, Magnussen had the overtake of the day and is my driver of the day too. Ballsy guy.

And Massa is an old **** who needs to retire yesterday.
    VetteIfan said:
    Only thing missing today would've been Seb saying "GP2 engine.... GP2" down the straights. That would've numbed some of the crippling sadness. 

In all seriousness though, for all the genuine Hamilton fans on here, enjoy the title win. You guys had to go through a lot of **** last year, you've had some of that made up for now. 
    I appreciate this classy comment very much, Seb. And let me tell you that drivers like Hamilton or Seb usually bounce back really strongly after shitty, unfortunate years, so I fully expect Seb to be in ace-form again next season and a reliable car underneath.

VetteIfan said:

I appreciate this classy comment very much, Seb. And let me tell you that drivers like Hamilton or Seb usually bounce back really strongly after shitty, unfortunate years, so I fully expect Seb to be in ace-form again next season and a reliable car underneath.
    Hey now, the "next-year-is-our-year"-talk is reserved for Ferrari fans.

We are well-rehearsed in it since 2009.

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Ever since someone posted a picture of Hamilton’s engine blow up from last year Ferrari keep breaking down. As a Hamilton fan I was happy, but as a Motorsport fan I was gutted, as Vettel would have given him a race. Hamilton had some sort of power unit issue at the end, so Vettel would have jumped on that, Max would have if not for backmarkers.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Miracles can happen in F1, but blimey, Vettel needs a big one if he's gonna win this now... Crazy how everything can turn around in such a short space of time. 3 races ago Hamilton was 3 points behind, and now he's 59 ahead!

I'm ashamed to say I fell asleep at about lap 30, and only woke up when I heard the commentators getting excited when Stroll went off. I was personally hoping for a safety car rather than a VSC, would've closed the pack up and given us a 4 lap dash to the flag!

So good from Red Bull again, if only they had this sort of pace at the start of the year.

Grande lavorro, absolute sh*tshow, grazie ragazzi.