Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Still no new Road book, updates or news.

I feel like this guy.

Comments

• Ha3aPHa3aP Member Unleaded
    Dirt4 was the last game bought from codemasters/.
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect."

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Ha3aP said:
    Dirt4 was the last game bought from codemasters/.
    You did good choice...
    BadD0g said:

It's been 4 months, I think I've let this sit on my hard drive without being played for long enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm bummed it didn't work out the way I had hoped, but I won't say I didn't enjoy the 36 hours I played. I just didn't enjoy them *enough* to turn that 36 hours into 405 hours like Dirt Rally.
    I have spent 69 hours , but i feel done with the game and i dont think new content can bring me back...
    Dirt 4 was a mess , no bad at all but not great too...Better codemasters to start creating its new game i dont think people will come back to Dirt 4 .. Online is a desert since release
  • danielofifidanielofifi Member Unleaded
    If only Codemasters would give their fans a specific date for the release of a patch/update, instead of just saying "we're working on it" from time to time, I'm sure there wouldn't be this much bad energy here... I like the game, but it is annoying to be stuck in limbo to be honest. 
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    yep its sad to say it but dirt 4 is over but im not that bothered about that more that the damage it has done to possible future titles.

that article has pretty much put what many of us felt and said.its not quite project cars 1 bad but its not great.
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Wheel Nut
    If only Codemasters would give their fans a specific date for the release of a patch/update, instead of just saying "we're working on it" from time to time, I'm sure there wouldn't be this much bad energy here... I like the game, but it is annoying to be stuck in limbo to be honest. 

Same for me. I'm actually one of ones that likes the game for what it is (and defended it) but was holding out for some tweaks,  improvements and possibly DLC's. I've been around gaming since well, the first consoles and have never seen this type of action from a dev (at least with the games I was vested in). Especially these days. For better or worse, there's always subsequent patches, support and DLC's. CM just rolled this out, slapped a couple patches out and called it a day. Blows my mind. 

As some one else said, as long as consumers keep eating crap, they'll keep selling steamy piles with a smile.

• LutzMLutzM Member Unleaded
    Maybe the team should at least give us just some information on what they are working at the moment @ChristinaMc

Because I'm convinced many people will go on playing Dirt 4 as soon as clubs and other things are being updated...but the team should keep the players motivation alive by sharing at least a bit of information on what is being developed... @KickUp @CMMcBabe

Some people here just speak negative but I'm sure there are lots of true fans out there who still believe in this game (I do!)
    I never play at the weekend - it's family time then!
    Guess I'm not the only one that plays just during the week...so I don't really give anything about statistics!
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    Depends on age & many other things like family etc

Thanks @ChristinaMc for the reply...maybe you could give a small hint what fixes you're working on...?!
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    this is really becoming a pisser that we cant get anything...................................what happened to roadbook on a new game ?
    We all paid the dough and would like to know when its getting patched or fixed and with what concerns adressed in the patch ......................jeeeeez