Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Still no new Road book, updates or news.

Comments

• Alf72Alf72 Member Co-Driver
    If only Codemasters would give their fans a specific date for the release of a patch/update, instead of just saying "we're working on it" from time to time, I'm sure there wouldn't be this much bad energy here... I like the game, but it is annoying to be stuck in limbo to be honest. 

Just playing devil's advocate here - what if there isn't a specific date for updates locked in yet? We want to let you know it's coming, but we don't know when - surely slightly vaguer phrasing is better than no phrasing? We're working on the Clubs update and the accompanying patch which will include a suite of fixes, and as soon as we have a date, it'll be everywhere we can feasibly put it! But for now, it's just not something we can share. And while it's frustrating, it's a lot better than us making up a date and not delivering when the time comes because of an unforeseen issue - we just want to be sure. :)

Seriously? A big company such Codemasters work that way? No deadline or anything like that?

I can understand there is always bugs and undesired technical issues during development, but there is always a deadline (even if it's not clear the exact day). This sounds like in a few months you will post "We tried hard to deliver the best update possible, unfortunately the changes were not easy and we will apply it in our new 'hiperhyped' title, which by the way is now ready for pre-order/early-access".

Why would you spend that much time in a game no-one is playing?
    Unfortunately, i also agree that this is what's gonna happen. Without fixing ( imo ) the handling / physics / default car set-ups, repeated, and bland, stage tiles, and the co-driver delivering notes " too late ", D4 will keep the same low player count even if they add Clubs so, why waste time?

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

" Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows " - Walter Rohrl

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    LutzM said:
    Depends on age & many other things like family etc

the majority of gamers or highest peak numbers play at the weekend.so when the article looked at the weekend high peak it seen 100 people this is a game which probably has close to 100,000 sales. so literally no one.you might not game at weekends but the masses do at their highest peak.sundays is generally the biggest day for gaming.

• DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    ChristinaMc said:
    We're working on the Clubs update and the accompanying patch which will include a suite of fixes
    Will those fixes include making the cars more tail happy?
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • Mystx24Mystx24 Member Unleaded
    Dgeesi0 said it perfect how things have gone down, i stopped playing a month and a half ago, i swing by to check whats happened, to my suprise it was like this forum dried up only left with people asking the simple questions why have the little things gone untouched, and is d4 abandoned? I pre ordered d4 thinking itll be DR but better, bad on me for thinking that, i wont be pre ordered again not from codies, ill keep my eye on what happens next but will take great care in throwing my money around. 
  • cjl9cjl9 Member Pit Crew
    Yes, very much agree with @dgeesio.

I stopped playing D4 quite quickly.

Still playing DiRT Rally, a lot!
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 9
    Just playing devil's advocate here - what if there isn't a specific date for updates locked in yet? We want to let you know it's coming, but we don't know when - surely slightly vaguer phrasing is better than no phrasing? We're working on the Clubs update and the accompanying patch which will include a suite of fixes, and as soon as we have a date, it'll be everywhere we can feasibly put it! But for now, it's just not something we can share. And while it's frustrating, it's a lot better than us making up a date and not delivering when the time comes because of an unforeseen issue - we just want to be sure. :)

Thanks for jumping in ChristinaMc. I get what you're saying about not wanting to announce a date. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. And you guys will catch hell when (if) the update rolls out because you can't please everyone. All apart of the biz I guess. At this point I'd just like to hear what happened at CM's after D4's release. I realize that will never happen but one can dream. And if someone says "nothing happened, this is the norm", I would laugh at the insanity.

There was a physics/bug discussion about D4 on a popular sim racing forum shortly after release. I took part in the discussion defending the game and mentioning what was said in the release day vid you guys did. The last comment was from a user who supposedly had bought previous CM games. The comment was something along the lines of "CM has your money now and could care less about supporting the game any further.". I really found that hard to believe at the time because I too sensed Paul and the team took pride in this project. Hence the pic in the OP.

• RallyGamerRallyGamer Member Wheel Nut
    I think Codemasters did not expect what happened to DiRT4. So my best guess is they are working on a huge fix to get DiRT4 going again. The fix will be that huge that they can't even say how long it is gonna be. The thing is that i hope the fix is huge and good. Fix it so we have better physics, custom livery possibilities and less boring stages. As compensation (for the wait) we would also like to have a new country added and at least 5 new modern rally cars that were not in any previous DiRT game ;-). If that is not the fix then i am not sure if DiRT4 will be resurrected from the  pile of games that are gathering dust. Btw i agree i would rather have a date then waiting without knowing when it will be ready. Now the fix can be released next week or in december. I want to play DiRT4 and have fun so please get us a date or tell us why you cannot give us a date or give us a tool so we can edit every part of the game ourselves and create the best rally game for you and the fans.

RallyGamer's Playground   I   Liveries, Mods & Tools   I   www.rallygamer.com

• carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    zissakos1 said:
     And while it's frustrating, it's a lot better than us making up a date and not delivering when the time comes because of an unforeseen issue -
    I would like to disagree. Who says that?
    I'd rather know an ETA and then be informed of why it can't be met, instead of being left not knowing anything.
    This is exactly what the community is trying to say for months and I am really surprised that you still don't understand.
    We all have jobs, with projects and deadlines, and we have all experienced unforseen issues ourselves, leading to last-minute-delays.
    Nobody is going to hang you if you have to delay something, as long as you keep everyone informed about the reasons.
    We are not all kids, you know.

I would like to disagree on your disagree. While this community is a little bit smaller and as such generally more polite, my experience with the F1 community on the other side of the Forum tells me that there is always going to be someone who will try to hang you because there has been a delay in the release date. And this person is possibly going to be as loud as five normal users who just say "well shame it has been delayed but it's better to have a working patch"
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Wheel Nut
    BadD0g said:
    What bothers me most about this situation is that this whole launch and post-launch felt like a complete abandonment of everything positive about the Dirt Rally experience. Past Codies releases have had a reputation of being released, maybe hotfixed a little, then gone completely quiet until the next game. Game is released, some hotfixes are done, and major issues are hardly even acknowledged, let alone addressed.

That's a shame. Obviously they have to make a profit to keep the doors open. It would seem that they are at least making a profit on the initial launch of these games so why not continue supporting a game and profit along the way with DLC's? They grow a solid player base which could serve as solid sales when the next title is released. Perhaps there's no profit in DLC's? Perhaps they are the slum lords of developers and just go for the quick buck? Who knows.  :\

• SamRWDSamRWD Member Petrol Head
    I for a change am waiting to find some free time and replay career with RFPE. Codies are never getting another $ from me. 
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    If only Codemasters would give their fans a specific date for the release of a patch/update, instead of just saying "we're working on it" from time to time, I'm sure there wouldn't be this much bad energy here... I like the game, but it is annoying to be stuck in limbo to be honest. 

At this point I've lost almost all interest in every racing game. The only one that's caught me by surprise is PCars 2 which is fairly good, but waiting for months for something to happen in D4 after removing my precious Greece and replacing it with the generally atrocious handling of Australia has prevented from doing anything but messing about a bit in the DirtFish area and doing my comparison screenshots.
    I have 8 hours into this game.

I mean, I tried to not play Dirt Rally too much, because the stages get a bit repetitive, and I've only got 80 hours, but that's exactly 10 times as much playtime.

I've been holding out waiting for something, anything along the lines of any amount of news or information and there hasn't been any. The only thing there has been mention of is clubs, of which I have zero interest in.I kind of wish you did Roadbooks like the BeamNG guys, they just take a partial screen of what they're working on and the community scrambles to find out what it is, y'know, kind of like how it was during the DR release.
    I don't know. I'm honestly kind of disappointed, and I'm already past the Steam Refund period, so I might have to just follow suit and uninstall it.

Oh, and @ChristinaMc,
    httpcapnauxcomwp-contentuploads201305leslienielsenjpg
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    I'm at the point of giving up on CM titles altogether - especially since neither DR / D4 run smoothly on my new system build and everything else I've played runs silky smooth, even in VR. I'm just not sure it's worth the effort to diagnose the issues.

I still have Pcars2 for RallyX and RBR for some Rally stages from time to time. Between D4 handling, WRC7 and SLRE lacking controller support, it's been one let down after another lately. Pcars2 is turning out a bit better than I expected and has a decent amount of RallyX content and some nice features.

It's still a sad state of affairs though to have reached this point.  I don't really think titles designed for consoles can meet expectations when it comes to the standards we enjoy on PC; the only racing titles that work decent on multiple platforms are designed for PC and are then ported / converted to consoles. It just doesn't work the other way around, certainly not for Simulations.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

• PinowrcPinowrc Member Unleaded
    I agree with most of the comments in here, and I just have a simple question to you guys. How did Dirt 4 get so many great reviews before and after the release? It can’t be just because they got a free game to review. Anyway, I will never ever again trust games website reviews, and will only buy a game, after reading ordinary players reviews! 
  • MrDeapMrDeap Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 10
    I don't trust other users taste in general. It was funny when I was reading in the forum that D4 felt more realistic.
    Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    Dirt rally was better.most or majority know that. doesn't make it wrong its your opinion.you can like any game you like.that is fine. for eg someone was slating dirt 4 and claimed Dirt 2 was the best game ! i had to look at my screen twice and then say **** ? but...if thats what you like cool.

the thing with your system on short stages not too bad but on long ones its like you trapped in a loop.3/4/3/4/3/4 no lie. one of the australia events is just like that.

you need real events.it especially in dirt rally sim type environment brings that feeling you rallying the same event maybe your hero is rallying or the event you will never get to go on. so it adds. a auto generated track/event just is kinda cold. no soul or anything to it. just auto computer blah blah. people want to think ooh you can actually rally that finland stage or welsh stage. its really important.

with bland handling or bad handling and a cold computer stage generated theres no real feel to dirt 4. obviously thats my opinion.