Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Setup decisions?

atpMaverickatpMaverick Member New Car Smell
Quick question guys, I'm wondering how you all go about setting your cars up specific to track and conditions. I would've thought that the areas of setup that make the biggest difference should be tweaked first. However in games like iracing etc and real racing your setup is only as good as the tires as they are in contact with the ground - so tire alignment and suspension first? Also lastly I'm pretty sure ballast is purely to slightly shift the balance of the car? Would you get the balance first and then do the rest or just alter the balance on the fly session to session depending on if the car is oversteering or understeering?

Comments

• DPaton23DPaton23 Member New Car Smell
    edited October 9
    I guess it depends on the severity of the problem you are trying to correct.

I think the key is to start small. Typically I use the "Balanced" preset and go from there.  Usually Ill start with tire pressure changes or small down force adjustments.  I save the "larger" adjustments like suspension changes if the problem (oversteer/understeer) persists or is really bad.  

And making changes to the weight balance I've always used as a last resort as even small changes (1-2 clicks) will make a big difference.