Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Grid penalty for AI

jimmzjimmz Member New Car Smell
Im sure CM knows this problem...
Every race from Japan untill the end of the season, allot of teams are getting a grid penalty. If i quallify 17th. Im starting in front of the race. Its really enoying and fir that reason im not starting season 3 and i have quit playing for a while.

Will this be fixed in the future ?

Kind regards.

Post edited by jimmz on

Comments

  • HyperactiveDJ91HyperactiveDJ91 Member Wheel Nut
    I agree it's annoying, but what i do is take extra engine parts for those races so that i'll have a somewhat more realistic grid position.
  • patronaspatronas Member Unleaded
    Opposites with my game before patch 1.6 last couple of races would be lot of penaltys but since then its kinda realisticonly had a few in season 3 it should be down to the amount of reliability upgrades teams have I think like if teams havent done any reliabilty updates then the will have a lot of reliability at end of season 
  • SASColferSASColfer Member Wheel Nut
    When I got to season 2 and particularly 3 it happened a lot less. Guessing the AI eventually get the durability developments. 
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @jimmz, yes this should be improved in a future patch :) 
  • jimmzjimmz Member New Car Smell
    CmRachel said:
    Hi @jimmz, yes this should be improved in a future patch :)

    Alright then, can u also confirm CM know this issue ?

    1.The safety car is called out to maney times in a wet weather race. This happend on silverstone grand prix, the safetycar came out for 6 times on a 100% race, difficulty 100%.
    2.The AI drives straight in to the safetycar on the first lap when it is waiting for the first driver to catch up.

    If these 3 issues are fixed on the next patch that would be awsome.

    Kind regards

    Jim

  • marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    do tha same... change gearbox before every race after japan.. :dizzy:

  • jimmzjimmz Member New Car Smell
    edited October 16
    I change nothing.
    I'm curently playing some strategy games, untill thes 3 buggs are fixed. I'm not even sure ill ever play again. F1 2017 is a bummer from release date untill now.

    Next year im gonna buy f1 from g2a.com 30 € less and after 6 months hopefully bug free.

    Goodluck and have fun f1 fans.
  • MikavBMikavB Member New Car Smell
    jimmz said:
    I change nothing.
    I'm curently playing some strategy games, untill thes 3 buggs are fixed. I'm not even sure ill ever play again. F1 2017 is a bummer from release date untill now.

    Next year im gonna buy f1 from g2a.com 30 € less and after 6 months hopefully bug free.

    Goodluck and have fun f1 fans.
    I really don’t get the critics on the game, I know there are bugs in the game that are annoying but really, those bugs really aren’t enough to stop playing the game.

    And I didn’t have a lot of bugs you mentioned above. Games are almost never 100% good and bug free. 

    So instead of being way to critical, think about what is way better in comparison to previous F1 games 

  • patronaspatronas Member Unleaded
    MikavB said:
    jimmz said:
    I change nothing.
    I'm curently playing some strategy games, untill thes 3 buggs are fixed. I'm not even sure ill ever play again. F1 2017 is a bummer from release date untill now.

    Next year im gonna buy f1 from g2a.com 30 € less and after 6 months hopefully bug free.

    Goodluck and have fun f1 fans.
    I really don’t get the critics on the game, I know there are bugs in the game that are annoying but really, those bugs really aren’t enough to stop playing the game.

    And I didn’t have a lot of bugs you mentioned above. Games are almost never 100% good and bug free. 

    So instead of being way to critical, think about what is way better in comparison to previous F1 games 

    MikavB said:
    jimmz said:
    I change nothing.
    I'm curently playing some strategy games, untill thes 3 buggs are fixed. I'm not even sure ill ever play again. F1 2017 is a bummer from release date untill now.

    Next year im gonna buy f1 from g2a.com 30 € less and after 6 months hopefully bug free.

    Goodluck and have fun f1 fans.
    I really don’t get the critics on the game, I know there are bugs in the game that are annoying but really, those bugs really aren’t enough to stop playing the game.

    And I didn’t have a lot of bugs you mentioned above. Games are almost never 100% good and bug free. 

    So instead of being way to critical, think about what is way better in comparison to previous F1 games 

    Agree the isnt any bugs that make it game breaking for me apart from sky flickering that was my main problem that and a1 not pitting under safety car and safety car been to fast when first comes out was the only real problems I had cant speak for on line as dont play that but for the career on xbox one s probleys been the least bugged career I have had only problem I have since last patch is safety car and vsc are not working like the have disabled them cause ive had plenty of cars crash and retire on track but all I get is a yellow flag 2 cars crashed at senna s in brazil right in middle of track as go down round the little bank were there for 2 laps nearlky crashed into them both times having to go on grass and all got was a yellow flag twice now when patch 1.6 come out didnt have safety car or vsc till patch 1.7 then now got patch 1.9 stopped working again im pissed of with it as I didnt seem to experience the bugs with the safety car that other people were complaing about its the best it has been in my game only prob I had was a1 not pitting under it and the fact it would come out for cars retiring on track and not when crashes happend personaly I havent experiencedhalf of the bugs see other people talking about the main one was sky flickering and a1 not pitting under sc which both have been fixed apart from the safety car doesnt seem to come out in my game any more 
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    My teammate being 15 KPH slower on the straights is pretty gamebreaking 
  • jimmzjimmz Member New Car Smell
    edited October 20
    Starting in front (2nd) after qualifying 17th from japan untill the end of the championship is gamebreaking. Getting 6 safetycars in one race is gamebreaking. AI driving in to safetycar is gamebreaking. You dont even know what you are saying MikaVB.

    And f1 2016 is a better game then f1 2017. Not much of the last release is better... or even working.
  • patronaspatronas Member Unleaded
    We now have @CmRachel ?

    Has @jennyannem been binned off?

    (I hope not btw)j





    Jenny probleys asked to work in diffrent apartment with all the crap and abuse she was having to listen to day afer day which couldent blame her if that is the case codies have brought there best game out to date anc getting nothing but abuse aye the a few bugs what kinda ruine the game to a degree but not game breaking  and least the are working on them there communicationcould be better but dont be surprised if see an simple f1 game next year like 2014 I think it was I wouldent blame them if the stopped asking what the community want in the game any more and just do it there own way 
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    patronas said:
    We now have @CmRachel ?

    Has @jennyannem been binned off?

    (I hope not btw)j





    Jenny probleys asked to work in diffrent apartment with all the crap and abuse she was having to listen to day afer day which couldent blame her if that is the case codies have brought there best game out to date anc getting nothing but abuse aye the a few bugs what kinda ruine the game to a degree but not game breaking  and least the are working on them there communicationcould be better but dont be surprised if see an simple f1 game next year like 2014 I think it was I wouldent blame them if the stopped asking what the community want in the game any more and just do it there own way 
    I think it's more likely that Jenny and Rachel don't have the same responsibilities.
Sign In or Register to comment.