Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Sports Update patch - 1.8 for consoles, 1.9 for PC - Discussion Thread - UPDATED 13/10

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hi all,

We’re very happy to be able to tell you that patch 1.8 for F1™ 2017, containing the much requested updated car liveries, as well as some other new features (which we’ll tell you about below), is now live on PS4, Xbox One and PC. We've packaged this as v1.9, as there are some Esports improvements we've managed to squeeze in as well, and yes - those updates will be coming to console with version 1.9 ASAP too.

For a full list of what to expect, please see below.

New Features

- New Spectator UI has been added to game.

- LAN Mode has been added to PS4 and PC versions.

- New Grid editor available in custom multiplayer modes.

- Photo Mode is now available on PS4 & Xbox One.

- Sports Update – Updated car and driver liveries.

- Sports Update – Updated car performance levels.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed an issue where continuing an online championship resulted in a crash.

- Fixed an issue in multiplayer where blue flags were occurring at the start of a race once - OSQ had finished.

- Fixed issue where players could be disqualified at the end of a race if they were disqualified during the formation lap.

- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where the player position panel was showing incorrect positions when the spectating qualifying sessions.

- Fixed a multiplayer issue where players were starting a race in the wrong cars after OSQ if host migration had occurred.

- Fixed an issue where using an instant replay in practice and qualifying could cause the tyre models on all cars to disappear.

- Fixed an issue with a flickering skybox during dynamic weather events.

- Fixed an issue with lod popping on drivers heads when looking backwards with the camera during a race.

- Fixed an issue where changing display resolution or Alt-Tabbing during gameplay caused severe lighting and graphical issues.

- Fixed an issue where a white object was clipping through the players helmet.

- Fixed an issue where tabbing out during a race in heavy rain caused water kick-up to stop working.

- Fixed an issue with incorrect car images being shown in the standings screen after resuming a classic championship.

- Fixed an issue where Jeff repeated that he didn’t receive your last message.

- Fixed an issue where Jeff would use the wrong VO lines when requesting to box this lap pitting during practice programs.

- Fixed an audio issue with the end of race commentary incorrectly stating a SC made an impact in the race after only a VSC was used in race.

- Improved AI drivers ability when defending the inside line.

- Improvements to AI pace balance between qualifying and race sessions.

- AI Difficulty is now applied correctly in multiplayer sessions.

- AI will now pit under the SC for optimal strategy instead of waiting for the SC to go in.

- Player no longer told to catch SC when leading the race and already behind the SC.

- Fixed an issue where the AI attempts to overtake a player with FW damage under SC conditions and then receive no penalties.

- Increased the likelihood of SC & VSC periods occurring in online championships.

- Fixed an issue where double points were being awarded for the AI when a player retired with terminal damage.

- In career mode players can now use the laptop and not lose the opportunity to compete in a invitational event.

- Fixed an issue which could show incorrect development time in weeks on R&D parts.

- Driver number No 1 appears on car instead of 0 after winning drivers championship.

- Fixed an issue where stop-go penalties could be ignored without receiving a penalty.

- Achievement / Trophy – Up to Eleven will now unlock correctly.

- Added the 2nd DRS detection zone to Baku and updated track map video.

- Added pre-set controls for Heusinkveld pedals.

- Fixed an issue where the Thrustmaster TX wheel was displaying Xbox Icons for all rim presets.

- Fixed an issue where gearbox wear would stay at 0% when using no assists and manual gears during a 100% race weekend.

- Fixed an issue where tyre allocations were defaulting to balanced after returning to weekend set-up screen.

- Rebalanced medium traction control performance.

- Fixed an issue with the ‘Find Me’ button on the leaderboard scrolling 100 places rather than to the player’s position.

- Fixed an issue where Sauber and Mercedes were always the most interested teams when reputation levels are maxed out.

- Various other fixes and improvements.

Find something here doesn't work in the way it should? Let us know below!
Post edited by jennyannem on

Comments

• UP100UP100 Member Wheel Nut
    I had time to write thread called oh my god before the news came here. Super job! Gotta remove that now.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    edited October 10

Great to see the new patch coming soon. One thing that struck me instantly;

- LAN Mode has been added to PS4 and PC versions. A discussion I had on several occassions once it became clear after 2013 LAN mode wasn't supported anymore. For LAN parties very inconvenient so I wonder why this mode has been re-introduced for PS4 and PC but not for the XB1. Please explain.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• attiew1988attiew1988 Member New Car Smell
    What was wrong when it came to this. Why did they Rebalanced medium traction control performance.
  • Brummi10Brummi10 Member New Car Smell
    edited October 10
    What does "rebalanced madium traction control" mean? Is is overpowered again? Will people who use no assists have no chance against medium TC users again?
  • SASColferSASColfer Member Wheel Nut
    No McLaren team mate fix?               
  • heideldrumheideldrum Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Just absolutely awesome! Can't wait to check it out. Thank you so much cm! Great job! 
    MSI GT62VR 7RE - GTX 1070   Logitech G29
  • JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Pit Crew
    How will the performance update affect career mode? 
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
  • MaxSpiltzMaxSpiltz Member Unleaded
    Really great patch, especially with the livery updates and the AI/SC fixes.
    Now I would just love to see the Spectator UI as an option for the Race UI !
  • MrGrumpy1989MrGrumpy1989 Member New Car Smell
    Medium tc has been overpowered since release. They've toned it down for 1.8
  • AlexF1RTAlexF1RT Member New Car Smell
    edited October 10
    We need few details  about  "rebalanced medium traction control performance". 
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Pit Crew

Great to see the new patch coming soon. One thing that struck me instantly;

- LAN Mode has been added to PS4 and PC versions. A discussion I had on several occassions once it became clear after 2013 LAN mode wasn't supported anymore. For LAN parties very inconvenient so I wonder why this mode has been re-introduced for PS4 and PC but not for the XB1. Please explain.

It is not technically possible for us to implement a LAN mode on Xbox One because Microsoft requires us to have a connection to Xbox Live in order to peer to peer connect.
  • kentalikentali Member New Car Smell
    What was wrong when it came to this. Why did they Rebalanced medium traction control performance.
    Would like to know that aswell ,probably made it much harder to drive with medium TC now.would be a shame, cause playing with automatic gears and no tc is pretty hard with a controller
  • FieldMedicFieldMedic Member New Car Smell
    Has parts wear been tweaked for 50% races? If not is it going to be looked at? Parts were wearing out way too quickly as of 1.6 when I played last. 
  • LCK1031LCK1031 Member New Car Smell
    Finally got good news!
    Am looking forward to. And plan to start the real play!
  • MaxsirmanMaxsirman Member New Car Smell
    Wohooooo just in time, since I finished my first season today......It is excelent to find somewhat updated cars for season 2.

My first season with McLaren has been a blast, now that a reliable engine and gearbox, i can focus in performance

Great amount of effort on this patch

• sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 10
    What does it mean "qualify and race balance"?

Great great patch...honestly i wasn't expecting LAN and photo mode on consoles...
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    This is grate news and just as I predicted that the next patch was going to to address bug fixes as well as new features. I especially look forward to the new Photo Mode - bring it! 
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • IronMeciIronMeci Member New Car Smell
    I really hope that if I drive for example a Mercedes in Career Mode I don't have the name of the driver that I replace with his flag in the rear of my F1.
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 10
    sirio994 said:
    What does it mean "qualify and race balance"?

Great great patch...honestly i wasn't expecting LAN and photo mode on consoles...
    Most people here are much faster compared to the AI in race than in qualifying, on the same difficulty level. Or, hopefully were, until this patch.