Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Sports Update patch - 1.8 for consoles, 1.9 for PC - Discussion Thread - UPDATED 13/10

Comments

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    How van i use Spectator UI on xbox?☺☺☺☺☺
    Join an online multiplayer race. It doesn't work in single player.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • larryllarryl Member Pit Crew
    There’s a really frustrating flickering on the fuel remaining number when changing gear. Not sure if it’s auto gears only but annoying 

its also in manual! I think its fully inteded, it stops when you release the throttle so it only lights up when it consumps fuel. I don't mind it all.
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 - No Assists
  • jannygjannyg Member New Car Smell
    Burba7 said:
    As a person who solely plays single player career mode it's very disheartening to have changes that impact the fundamental performance of the game without any choice in the matter.

I believe that we should have been given the option as to whether the changes in car performance apply to our career mode or not. I'm at Force India and my car has now been given a massive buff and is now level with a Red Bull in the performance chart. It takes away from the fun if outside changes are imposed upon you without any choice.

I'm also disappointed with the changes to the handling model. The cars were really fun drive and perfectly balanced in the old patch. I can understand the need for the re-balancing of TC for online modes, but there is no reason the old settings couldn't have been left in for Grand Prix and Career mode. 

Hopefully, in future games more consideration will be given to the impact on all players and game modes.
    Very fair comment and nicely put. I agree with you 100%

This needed to be communicated with end users, and have detail on what is changing and why before dumping this on us.

Totally unfair to turn on a console and receive an update which slows you down and completely changes the handling, all without a detailed explanation
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Wheel Nut
    larryl said:
    There’s a really frustrating flickering on the fuel remaining number when changing gear. Not sure if it’s auto gears only but annoying 

its also in manual! I think its fully inteded, it stops when you release the throttle so it only lights up when it consumps fuel. I don't mind it all.
    Good shout. Didn’t think of it like that. Just a little distracting at times. 
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    larryl said:

Could be. They should put an option in it to turn it off. I find it quite annoying. 
  • heideldrumheideldrum Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    larryl said:

Don't think so. In this thread http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59060/flickering-fuel-level#latest
    @F1Support mentioned, that the issue is known to them. So I expect it to be fixed in a future patch. 
    MSI GT62VR 7RE - GTX 1070   Logitech G29
  • LeandroMBLeandroMB Member New Car Smell
    I hope they balance the R&D performance per upgrade to each team. Like the Mercedes upgrades receiving a lower performance bonus them Mclaren's for example. That's should become possible to lead a lower team to be one of the top. The way it is, that's impossible.
  • Rene67Rene67 Member New Car Smell
    Game crashes in replay (instant replay) mode!!!

• D0NSILVAD0NSILVA Member New Car Smell
    Apparently the safety car is still broken and STILL doesn't come out when it needs to
  • KevRusskiKevRusski Member Wheel Nut
    If racing online and you go to the pause menu as you pit you get a stop go penalty every time.
  • JK300602JK300602 Member New Car Smell
    In the time trial screen there is a Mercedes with a red 22, is this supposed to be correct? Every other screen has real drivers numbers
  • AzeriBroAzeriBro Member New Car Smell
    Been waiting for the livery update for a while. Props to Codemasters for making it happen. Just been racing in Hungary and it still has dark/black grass and parts of the circuit. Would be nice to have that fixed though...
  • roberto28roberto28 Member Race Steward
    AzeriBro said:
    Been waiting for the livery update for a while. Props to Codemasters for making it happen. Just been racing in Hungary and it still has dark/black grass and parts of the circuit. Would be nice to have that fixed though...
    Monza still has black circuit parts as well
  • AcereesAcerees Member Wheel Nut
    So stopped coming on here for a few days and still people are talking about nice to get right bugs instead of game breaking bugs!  I get some aren't playing online maybe even most but have guys not ever had a safety car problem? I suppose they all need to be reported and codies need to prioritise what they are going to fix next time.  I just hope the real game breaking bugs are not forgotten about for the hardcore fans who buy the game every year.
  • AcidBurn247AcidBurn247 Member New Car Smell
    Acerees said:
    So stopped coming on here for a few days and still people are talking about nice to get right bugs instead of game breaking bugs!  I get some aren't playing online maybe even most but have guys not ever had a safety car problem? I suppose they all need to be reported and codies need to prioritise what they are going to fix next time.  I just hope the real game breaking bugs are not forgotten about for the hardcore fans who buy the game every year.
    The Safety Car issues are like No. 1 and 2 on their list of things to fix for 1.10 Patch ...... ?
  • davidbassildavidbassil Member Unleaded
    Any news on when the patch 1.10 will be released? I hope its before sunday @jennyannem
  • DeltaNiwaXDeltaNiwaX Member Unleaded
    Only one small glitch I noticed in the multiplayer now is lag spikes.
    It seems to be worse than before, now people claim to see other players in the pits and as a result of this, your car practically becomes invisible. No one can see you on track (AI and Player) and you end up getting barged out of the way by AI cars that can't see you, you end up from a straight line to off the track with damage because an AI has just steamed through you. 

That needs to be fixed 
    Head of the TTC, Sporting Director and Ferrari #1 driver.
    http://s13.zifboards.com/Trans_Tasman_Cup/index.php?act=idx
    Join now!
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Any news on when the patch 1.10 will be released? I hope its before sunday @jennyannem
    Hope not, haven't got 1.9 on Mac yet and I can't load my Windows save while they're out of sync :/
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • TonypanasTonypanas Member New Car Smell
    After the last update when a safety car comes out on the track,the game keeps tellling me that i'm falling too far behind and it gives me 2-3 drive through penalties till i reach the car,please fix it,because it ruins my race :/
  • Palben90Palben90 Member New Car Smell
    Tonypanas said:
    After the last update when a safety car comes out on the track,the game keeps tellling me that i'm falling too far behind and it gives me 2-3 drive through penalties till i reach the car,please fix it,because it ruins my race :/
    Read before posting