Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Sports Update patch - 1.8 for consoles, 1.9 for PC - Discussion Thread - UPDATED 13/10

Comments

• AcereesAcerees Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 12
    singuango said:
    personal and safe sources also internal are only 6 days quiet
    Wait for what? The Christian saviour only took three days to come back ... this better be on par with that! :smiley: (I can't say his name as it burns... actually no sorry it because it gets starred out ********) 
  • RaalteRaalte Member Co-Driver
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    I don`t believe you guys are arguing so much because of 3 letters in the paint of the car, when we still have a serious problem in the gameplay yet, which is the McLaren team-mate upgrade.
    There was never any hope of the fix making it in in this patch. It was reported much too late. This, on the other hand, was something people expected to be functional in this patch.

It was posted on the 19th of September. The day 1.7 released on PS4. That's early enough. Also noted by @F1Support on the 25th. That's more than 2 weeks ago.
    2 weeks is not enough for getting approval on a large-scale project like this, hence my point.

Why need approval? It's a bug, something that should have been right at release. It was posted 3 weeks ago. Right after the patch that should have fixed was released.
    Ah, the joys of not having the slightest clue how game development works. And no, it's 2 weeks. The starting point is when they noticed it, not when it was posted.

How about you explain it you allknowing almighty 
    You can't work on something without having the necessary approval. End of. For small things like that, especially in the middle of finishing up a bigger patch, two weeks is not enough. As a programmer in any serious company, you're almost never going to work on a specific small thing you want to work on.

And don't get me started on the actual development and testing process, even for something as small as this.

From who do they need approval? McLaren? FOM? It's not something they want to change, it's something they want to fix. The first McLaren bug also was sort of fixed in 2 weeks.

And the most important thing: communication
    They could inform us it was a complex issue and it wouldn't be fixed in the next patch. Would save alot of angry customers and this discussion. 
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    I don`t believe you guys are arguing so much because of 3 letters in the paint of the car, when we still have a serious problem in the gameplay yet, which is the McLaren team-mate upgrade.
    There was never any hope of the fix making it in in this patch. It was reported much too late. This, on the other hand, was something people expected to be functional in this patch.

It was posted on the 19th of September. The day 1.7 released on PS4. That's early enough. Also noted by @F1Support on the 25th. That's more than 2 weeks ago.
    2 weeks is not enough for getting approval on a large-scale project like this, hence my point.

Why need approval? It's a bug, something that should have been right at release. It was posted 3 weeks ago. Right after the patch that should have fixed was released.
    Ah, the joys of not having the slightest clue how game development works. And no, it's 2 weeks. The starting point is when they noticed it, not when it was posted.

How about you explain it you allknowing almighty 
    You can't work on something without having the necessary approval. End of. For small things like that, especially in the middle of finishing up a bigger patch, two weeks is not enough. As a programmer in any serious company, you're almost never going to work on a specific small thing you want to work on.

And don't get me started on the actual development and testing process, even for something as small as this.

From who do they need approval? McLaren? FOM? It's not something they want to change, it's something they want to fix. The first McLaren bug also was sort of fixed in 2 weeks.

And the most important thing: communication
    They could inform us it was a complex issue and it wouldn't be fixed in the next patch. Would save alot of angry customers and this discussion. 
    Management. The programmers, while being a critical part of such projects, still have to answer to their higher-ups after all.

>it's something they want to fix
    That's my point - as a programmer in a serious company, you can't work on something solely because you want to. You just don't have that liberty.

The communication I can give you though, as it's sorely lacking.
  • DANDREWTHOMSONDANDREWTHOMSON Member New Car Smell
    Is the 1.8 patch for consoles live yet. 
  • singuangosinguango Member New Car Smell
    No day 17 ps4
  • Fr3akGameZzZFr3akGameZzZ Member New Car Smell
    DANDREWTHOMSON said:
    Is the 1.8 patch for consoles live yet. 
    Unfortunately not :/
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 12
    singuango said:
    No day 17 ps4
    How do you know when it’s due? Haven’t seen anything confirming a date yet anywhere. 

That said to be honest I don’t think 17/10 could be that far wrong.  ...am hoping we see it sooner though however 
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    singuango said:
    No day 17 ps4
    How do you know when it’s due? Haven’t seen anything confirming a date yet anywhere. 

That said to be honest I don’t think 17/10 could be that far wrong.  ...am hoping we see it sooner though however 
    Ignore him. He can't name his sources. Matey boy just wants to feel important.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • SgtKubicaSgtKubica Member New Car Smell
    singuango said:
    No day 17 ps4

Ignore him. He can't name his sources. Matey boy just wants to feel important.

Basically he is just attention seeking and wants to get noticed. 
  • Weeman333Weeman333 Member New Car Smell
    Just to keep everyone updated: the 1.8/1.9 patches are in submission with both first parties. We're looking to release as soon as they're approved... we're hopeful that this is going to be tomorrow, but we can't guarantee that!
    Thats great, fingera crossed for tomorrow, so we can get fir the weekend!! Thanks for the update
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew

Just to keep everyone updated: the 1.8/1.9 patches are in submission with both first parties. We're looking to release as soon as they're approved... we're hopeful that this is going to be tomorrow, but we can't guarantee that!
    Third parties, i.e. not Codemasters.
    Codemasters would be the first party, the customers (who you have a contract with to provide a game in exchange for money - I kid you not) are the second party. Microsoft and Sony are the third parties who approve your product for distribution on their networks which facilitate the distribution and playing of the game.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• LCK1031LCK1031 Member New Car Smell
    Thank you very much for the latest information!
    I still waiting for PS4 patch.
    Please keep working and keep improving! Thank you.
  • pijinpijin Member Race Steward
    edited October 12
    TAKIINOUE said:
    larryl said:

bulls**t, they send it for aproval all together. Microsoft is the one u should talk to, they taken a shameless amount of time to approve.

I'm not talking about the day they send it for approval, but the day they release it to the public. That should be when both Microsoft and Sony have approved the patch and not before, or you do feel like a third rate customer. 
    So you are selfishly suggesting that since Microsoft takes the longest to approve, PC and PS4 players should also have to wait until Microsoft approves Xbox patches? They submit them to the QA depts at the same time, and release as soon as they are approved. Why should PC and PS4 players have to wait because Microsoft's QA dept is slow? Your problem isn't that Xbox approval is slow, it's that others are getting it before you, which is just plain selfish.

Full disclosure: I am an Xbox user.
  • pijinpijin Member Race Steward
    Acerees said:
    Can anyone take a picture of the vehicle car performance table of the aero, chassis, and engine before the 1.8 update and after to see if there has been a change. We t to see how much the mclaren has improved. Because even with the fully upgraded engine the other teams are still getting faster as they put there upgrades on. 
    It's already on here.
    Where is this then .
    Go read the d*mn thread pages and you'll find it. Don't be so frikin lazy that someone else has to dig through and find it for you.
    And I already found it, and know exactly where it is, but I think you should take the time to find it instead of wasting others' time.

Good God how lazy some people are...
  • PedroPM94PedroPM94 Member New Car Smell
    Patch seems very good...but why is the Spectator UI not part of the actual racing one? I don´t see a actual legit reason for it to not be there when we are actually racing.
  • Carlmedz1Carlmedz1 Member New Car Smell
    Let's see if the safety car is an actual thing and not just an urban legend.
  • MoAdoy1MoAdoy1 Member New Car Smell

17 October could make sense as it is the release of Grand Turismo...

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    edited October 13
    So basically thanks for the updated liveries, they look an improvement to me and I'm not anal enough to spot any inconsistencies with stuff like gloves or helmets.

I have not had time to become fully conversant with the spectator mode but it looks excellent so far. Now the gripes!
    • I am pleased someone took the time to fix the 'Find Me' in the leaderboards, but why only fix the Public Leaderboard and NOT the Friends Leaderboard?
    • Constant green flag last night (PC MP Bahrain 20+2 spectating) throughout the entire race. Two players joined in qualifying.
    • I saw connection bars above drivers in front and behind on occasion last night, does it indicate their connection to you, the host or your connection to them is bad?
    • A major annoyance is the fuel level flickering in the MFD (all modes where the fuel is visible, so not TT)
    • I have had a report that the BAH tyre DSQ bug that appeared in the eSports race heat IS STILL PRESENT!!! (SS>M strategy).
    • Lighting levels at BAH were improved initially but as the day transitions to night the dynamic range is still far too high, light sources are too bright and shade is too pronounced and dark. I didn't get any sky flicker but I might have to revisit MAL or CHI to test it.
    • I really like the idea of the grid editor but it does not go far enough, the host needs to be able to apply penalties from previous races between sessions. The current model only allows grid editing if you forsake qualifying. This would mean breaking Parc Ferme as we'd have to run qualifying, rearrange the grid for the race only but it would not have tyre set/wear/selections or setups carried over; well, not unless by bug (!)
    We are considering the grid editor for S15 but I think due to the above it's probably a non-starter.

@jennyannem @F1Support @CmRachel
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig