Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The F1 2017 Sports Update info is here, including updated car liveries and some brand new features!

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageThe F1 2017 Sports Update info is here, including updated car liveries and some brand new features! Read more… | Codemasters Blog

We’re very happy to be able to tell you that patch 1.8 for F1™ 2017, containing the much requested updated car liveries, as well as some other new features (which we’ll tell you about below), is due to be released very soon on PS4 and Xbox One. For those of you playing on Steam, this patch will arrive for you today – pending QA approval – but we’ve packaged this as v1.9, as there are some Esports improvements we’ve managed to squeeze in. And yes – those updates will be coming to console with version 1.9 as soon as possible too.

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• TiemeZTiemeZ Member New Car Smell
    Are you also going to update the aeropacks of the cars to the latest spec because for example the Red Bull looks like the car how it was in winter testing and that is a bit disappointing.
  • RafaSouzaRafaSouza Member New Car Smell
    I could not noticed if another bug was solved. What happens: When you are very far from the leader of the race and enter a SC, shortly thereafter begins a time count for you to approach the front platoon. But the SC has gone very fast and 20 seconds is not enough to reach them. In Baku for example, I speeding up in a race pace, but I was so far from the leader that I was punished twice and so I was disqualified from the race. =/
  • HiimN1ngendoHiimN1ngendo Member New Car Smell
    It would be really cool if you could bring in the opportunity to increase or decrease the AI's R&D speed just like it is able to increase or decrease the AI's overall performance. I mean its nearly impossible to reach the Ferrari or Mercedes performance if you start the carrer with f.e McLaren, since they also have insane R&D speed.
    I would also highly appreciate if you could bring in a career driver customizing option. Where players can choose different gloves just like real drivers have personalized gloves. Or different colors for the drivers numbers and actually make it possible that the drivers name appears on the racing suits. These are small things but I think it would be kinda cool to make the career more personal.
  • nsx98nsx98 Member New Car Smell
    It would be really cool if you could bring in the opportunity to increase or decrease the AI's R&D speed just like it is able to increase or decrease the AI's overall performance. I mean its nearly impossible to reach the Ferrari or Mercedes performance if you start the carrer with f.e McLaren, since they also have insane R&D speed.
    I would also highly appreciate if you could bring in a career driver customizing option. Where players can choose different gloves just like real drivers have personalized gloves. Or different colors for the drivers numbers and actually make it possible that the drivers name appears on the racing suits. These are small things but I think it would be kinda cool to make the career more personal.
    It is possible people just spend their points stupidly on all the quality control stuff etc. I'm level with Mercedes just behind Ferrari at beginning of 4th season with McLaren and I have the best aero and chassis. Just buy one quality control and one department efficieny for each R&D department that's how I've found it works the best. They will rarely fail and use the sponsor bonus' and end of season points to buy multiple major or ultimate upgrades etc. Also at the end of the season from about Japan onwards just save all your points and preferably leave an ultimate upgrade available on your tree so you can buy an ultimate and maybe a couple major upgrades after Abu Dhabi for the new season and you'll jump about 3 cars.
  • j0na072j0na072 Member New Car Smell
    Great and big update! But i have a big texture bug in monza. The track are black at some part of the track! I'm the only one with this issue?
  • MirageFLMirageFL Member New Car Smell
    edited October 10
    I was here to share my disappointment about almost every previous F1 (2010, 2012, 2013 were fine but could be really improved). Now I have to share my happiness. These improvements came true with F1 2016 which is an absolute must-have, but this 2017 goes further and deeper, this is AWESOME. Thanks a lot Codemasters. And thanks a lot for adding LAN mode !!
    j0na072 said:
    Great and big update! But i have a big texture bug in monza. The track are black at some part of the track! I'm the only one with this issue?
    Monza works fine for me (R9 270X on W7)
  • MrIceColdAndyMrIceColdAndy Member New Car Smell
    Hi there.
    Some really nice new features for the update and it looks very promising. I just have one quibble though, can you please change the sound of the 2006 Renault R26. It sounds identical to the 2010 Red Bull RB6 even though the cars revved 2,000rpm higher and the R26 in real life sounded nothing like the RB6. The Ferrari F2007 and the McLaren MP4-23 have a higher pitched engine note then the R26 even though they only rev to 19,000rpm. It's a shame as it's one of my favourite cars but the engine note really spoils it for me.

Thanks
  • codexascodexas Member New Car Smell
    edited October 11
    Codemasters it's been 7 years already. Why do you still not have an "action camera" for replays? Even F1GP by Microprose back in 1993 had this. That's an F1 game from over a quarter century ago, had functionality your game doesn't.

In F1 2017 during the replay, for 50 laps the camera sits on the same car. Really?

Is it too hard to switch automatically to different cars and camera's like in a real race? Just look at F1GP (1993).

It's 80% trackside cam but alternating between cars. When someone starts overtaking another driver the camera automatically switches to that onboard. Someone runs wide over grass, it cuts to the nosecam of that car. Someone during a race is closing up fast? It cuts to the rear wing cam of whoever is being closed up upon. It makes watching a replay like watching a real race.
  • Redmadkid97Redmadkid97 Member New Car Smell
    When is this update available on PS4 F1 2017
  • xNismoxNismo Member New Car Smell
    Hi! Thanks for this big update, want to know how much will change the medium traction control now!
    And another thing, is it possible to have simulation damage even for AI on the online championship?
  • Tommy4321Tommy4321 Member New Car Smell
    Generally really happy with this game. My only complaint is with the safety car. Getting penalties for falling to far behind when the sc comes out is stupid and can ruin a very good race. You have no chance of closing the gap in the 20 seconds or so. Surely that should only be relevant after the field has already closed up not when the field is trying to form up. Get this fixed asap please. It's real game breaking! If this was fixed it would make the game as close to perfect in career mode as it could be!
  • ALLoozoALLoozo Member New Car Smell
    edited October 14
    I just updated to 1.09 but im not sure what mode do i have to play to see the live spectator UI, is it only for online use? Also since i updated for example im playing in monaco and theres a safety car every 6 laps for no reason. And i keep getting told im falling too far behind when im trying to catch the pack and get drive through penalties eventually getting disqualified
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Unleaded
    Bought every F1 game since 2010 (except one), and F1 2017 will be the last. Yes this is (or would be) a nice update, but what on God's earth have you done to the safety car? I've just been dropped from 10th place to last under the safety car because every AI car rammed me up the arse, then insisted I'd done an illegal overtake and must give the place back. I went from 10th, to last, because of this. And it's happened twice now.

You might be aware of it from reading the forums. From past form, the jury's still out on whether you'll bother to fix it.

How do your QA people not notice such glaring problems? It's the same every year.
  • LuigiAPincheraLuigiAPinchera Member New Car Smell
    Salve buongiorno Che grandezza ha la patch?