Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Safety car bug

I'm in first place following the safety car and the AI behind me keeps slamming into me spinning me out and taking my position but when I try to get my place back I get told I illegally overtook the car and to give the position back, it was my position to begin with. If I try passing the Safety car I get the same message, I illegally over took the safety car and to move back behind the safety car.

Game is on Steam with Patch 1.9. 

Acer Predator XB321HK
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
ASUS Maximus IX Formula
Intel i7 7700K 4.2GHz
Corsair 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD

Comments

• CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @LLOYD1985, can we have a video of this issue please?
  • LLOYD1985LLOYD1985 Member New Car Smell
    I can make a video but I don't know how to add it to the forum.
    Acer Predator XB321HK
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    ASUS Maximus IX Formula
    Intel i7 7700K 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    LLOYD1985 said:
    I can make a video but I don't know how to add it to the forum.
    Share it to YT and post the link.

CmRachel said:
    This is the video I made.

Acer Predator XB321HK
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    ASUS Maximus IX Formula
    Intel i7 7700K 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head

Lol, glad they gave this patch a while in testing like they told us. 
  • Soupy1985Soupy1985 Member Unleaded
    Same issue for me. Car turns into ghost and cats overtake me.
    CmRachel said:
    Here's another video where the AI spin me out while under the safety car. 

Acer Predator XB321HK
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    ASUS Maximus IX Formula
    Intel i7 7700K 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    In 2nd one you cut him up but he shouldn't really be sticking the nose in there. Maybe just a Monaco thing, seen it elsewhere?
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    Considering the SC lights where on both times you are allowed to weave to warm up your tyres so car behind should be nowhere near him
  • rustyactionrustyaction Member New Car Smell
    Ive had this issue too at Singapore. Just barged me off the track
  • rderooij70rderooij70 Member New Car Smell
    Same here, in Baku. Led the race but cars ghosted through me while behind safety car setting me back to 9th, while I was getting warnings for illegal overtaking. 
    Patch 1.9 on PS4 
  • DiscoDaveDiscoDave Member Pit Crew
    Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in 1.9?
  • echo321echo321 Member Wheel Nut
    don't drive that close to the SC, leave a gap of 50 to 100 meters, solves all problems.
    echo321 said:
    don't drive that close to the SC, leave a gap of 50 to 100 meters, solves all problems.

It solves nothing, if I leave a gap of 50 to 100 metres then I ghost and the AI drive through me. 
    Acer Predator XB321HK
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    ASUS Maximus IX Formula
    Intel i7 7700K 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
  • echo321echo321 Member Wheel Nut
    no, just don't drive too slow... I often leave a gap of over 200 meters and no AI has ever overtaken me under SC.
  • SmiXSmiX Member Unleaded
    echo321 said:

echo321 said:
    no, just don't drive too slow... I often leave a gap of over 200 meters and no AI has ever overtaken me under SC.
    It is not driver's fault ... And this hint is also not working or at least it didn't worked for me too (cannot confirm 1.9 yet).
    Xbox One X
  • Brunocar100Brunocar100 Member Wheel Nut
    After the patch I was racing in Australia and the safety car was called. I emedietly was asked to slow down to meet delta time. I slowed down on the start/finish straight and Stroll overtook me . The I was told to catch the safety car queue and MAG behind was racing me. I had to drive racing speed and defend my position. At the end of the safety car we were all bunched up and waiting for green when my car became GHOST-ed and MAG went right thru me.
    Never had that problem before patch. Like the AI dont care about safety car and they are racing full speed and overtaking.
    Great job codemasters!
  • Brunocar100Brunocar100 Member Wheel Nut
    Also few cars pited right after the SC comes in so thats not fixed also
  • SmiXSmiX Member Unleaded
    edited October 2017
    I cant say how I am frustrated after 3 weeks of waiting, how I hate this game and I am not going to play it until next patch :-| ... I'll try multiplayer, but career is unplayable as it still is not fun to play the game ... (hour practice, hour qualification, broken race) ... I am angry and I don't want to comment, how much ... :-| Almost two months after release and that broken. Ah I forget, it's already 2 years with SC in game and it still doesn't work flawlesly ... Hmmm ... Thanks Codemasters, just remember, I am not buying any F1 game from you any more.

Back to problem ... Well, my first race after three weeks waiting for SC bug tested fix ... v1.9, Xbox one, Singapore, 50%, 90 AI, no assists ...
    After start from 20th position I jumped to 10th position because of the silly AI train on start (btw. is this going to be fixed anytime in this century?).
    In lap 10 SC came out, I came to pits to change tires as Jeff offered a strategy change (btw. got that pitting on strategy achivement).
    On first try, I get ghosted during coming to pits, Bottas went through me, so I flashbacked and tryied again, I than get a penalty for being too fast in pits (there begins the video) ... And I tried again over and over ... Also in one try, you can see that I was teleported from pits back to the main straight ...
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/video/37824081
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/video/37824311
    I gave up after 10-15 tries and stayed behind Bottas.
    After joining back to track, I was given drive through penalty for not catching the SC. Drive through was also given to Stroll, Magnussen and Kvyat.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/video/37824370
    In lap 11, Hamilton touched the wall and got broken its wing, he stopped on the track and got ghosted. Fell to last place.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/video/37824886 (10s to the end of the video, Hamilton on side)

After SC got back to pits in lap 14 or 15, AI pitted and I went for my drive through penalty.

After I came out (lap 15), another SC spawned, I was said to overtake SC. Two laps later, I had AI on the horizon and I was told to overtake him (lap 16)
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/video/37824883
    ... but shortly after I was almost getting another penalty for not catching the SC but almost at the same time as the timer counts down there comes a message that SC goes to pits this lap so I wasn't given another penalty. But AI gets the penalty (Perez, Wehrlein 2x, Magnussen).
    During the run I was told to overtake Magnussen, when I catch the SC train, it was driving too slowly and I had to avoid contact so I've overtaken him, but I was forced to gave the position back. As AI was very driving very slowly, I went ghosted and Hamilton has overtaken me ...
    Anyway, after race was restarted two corners later, in next lap AI went for another pit (not used the SC period) and also part went to fulfill the drive through penalties they were given ...

So I've finished 4th! And I didn' overtake anybody on the track! AI went always to pits ...
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/screenshot/7499252

Final table of given penalties
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/screenshot/7499251
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/screenshot/7499254

I have no words ... From 20th to 4th almost without overtaking ... I have no words ... I am angry and I have no good words for your work ... You haven' fixed anything :-(

Post edited by SmiX on
    Xbox One X
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Petrol Head
    This happened all the time on 2016        
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast