Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

driver animation - not enough steering

The steering animation needs to cover more degrees of rotation,

in this video , the driver does 90 degrees steering into not even medium radius corner,

yet in Dirt, for same kind of corners, you hardly turn the wheel

to me it looks like it should be turning at least 2x faster then it currently is

sim/racing enthusiast, enjoying every game for what it is and not for what I want it to be

Comments

• TMoney128TMoney128 Member New Car Smell
    I agree this is something that has plagued just about all Codemaster's games and makes driving from cockpit view dis-orienting.  What we need is steering rotation to match your wheel setting.  Even better yet, steering lock vehicle dependent and automatically adjusts your wheel to match (pCARS, rFactor2, etc do this), and in game animation accordingly.  Even if it's not adjustable in tuning (although it would be nice), I think each car should have the correct lock/rotation to match real life. 
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Yes the steering animation need to match the real steering. I stay away from cockpit cause it looks so odd. I use dashcam instead.

The gear shift animation works better. There is almost no delay. Compare to AC where the animation is far behind.

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• chillisteakchillisteak Member New Car Smell
    TMoney128 said:
    I agree this is something that has plagued just about all Codemaster's games and makes driving from cockpit view dis-orienting.  What we need is steering rotation to match your wheel setting.  Even better yet, steering lock vehicle dependent and automatically adjusts your wheel to match (pCARS, rFactor2, etc do this), and in game animation accordingly.  Even if it's not adjustable in tuning (although it would be nice), I think each car should have the correct lock/rotation to match real life. 

So you got it spot on, it's one of the biggest reasons I'm using the dash cam instead of the head cam.
    Processor: AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 | Videocard: AMD HD 7950 | Gamepad: Logitech G25 + Clubsport V2 |
    Network Card: Asus PCE-N15 Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Sound Card/Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 | Monitor/s: Asus VN247H 24" Super Narrow Bezel
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 16GB DDR3 | PSU: OCW 650W | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G510 + Madcatz R.A.T 3 | OS: Windows 7 x64
  • magicayrton1magicayrton1 Member New Car Smell
    Yes, the steering does not turn more than 180 degrees I believe, but to match the wheel to your wheel in rotation set the in game Saturation lower.
  • teknopunkteknopunk Member New Car Smell
    Current state of the art simulators deal with the entire steering this way:

1) Define maximum steering rotation of steering wheel hardware used in game (via base game profile definition)
    NEVER need to reduce rotation directly from the hardware or wheel software settings! Always use wheels maximum supported rotation in game!
    2) Game will properly reduce the wheel rotation on a car to car basis, as it is in the real car.
    3) Game allows proper steering box setup and steering lock settings in the setup menus as what is possible with the real car (change steering box/ alter maximum steering lock).
    4) Game always matches the proper steering lock and rotation of the in cockpit animations to the used car and set steering lock/ rotation
    5) Cockpit camera allows a setting at all times to remove the drivers arms and steering wheel from the cockpit permanently for users who operate a proper sim racing rig for better immersion (nobody wants to see TWO sets of arms and TWO sets of steering wheels when not using VR headsets or racing with game pads)