Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Improved AI drivers ability when defending the inside line.

Thank you very much for this CM!!  See, it´s not just complain!

Anyone test this??

Comments

• 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    No, because then the complaining would start....

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• RegmaesterRegmaester Member Unleaded
    Actually, it’s working well. 

AI is defending the inside line in straights. 
  • Racer4711Racer4711 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Sounds good... :-)
    Does it work right after the start as well, so do they spread out more in order to block the inside line now?
  • RegmaesterRegmaester Member Unleaded
    Racer4711 said:
    Sounds good... :-)
    Does it work right after the start as well, so do they spread out more in order to block the inside line now?
    Can’t say that 

Did one race at Australia starting 4th. Didn’t pay attention to that. 
  • Brunocar100Brunocar100 Member New Car Smell
    You can still get 2 or 3 positions in the first corner if you go to the inside. But generaly AI is improved with the defending
  • ByrneByrne Member Unleaded
    You can still get 2 or 3 positions in the first corner if you go to the inside. But generaly AI is improved with the defending
    Yes but that can happen in real life as well.  Alonso has made up more positions on the first lap than pretty much any other driver. I would say 2-3 positions is ok. Any more than say 5 is probably unrealistic unless your in a top car massively out of position. Vettel in Malaysia for example
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    Byrne said:
    Yes but that can happen in real life as well.  Alonso has made up more positions on the first lap than pretty much any other driver. I would say 2-3 positions is ok. Any more than say 5 is probably unrealistic unless your in a top car massively out of position. Vettel in Malaysia for example
    Actually, Magnussen has done a much better job of that than Alonso this year.