Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[PC] MP BUG: Tyre wear persisting over multiple race restarts

JibbedJibbed Member New Car Smell
Hi, first time reporting but this bug has pretty much broken the multiplayer experience for me and a friend.

We're running a multiplayer championship and as there's no way to restart a race, we quit to the main menu to have a second go if the race start is a complete mess. Unfortunately it seems that any tyre wear incurred in this first attempt (and any multiple attempts after) carries through to the new race start. Eg. I had 47% tyre wear on the rears for our 5th attempt at a race start - this meant Jeff was asking me to change strategy on lap 1.

I was quitting to desktop between attempts, whereas my friend (host) was just quitting to the main menu - I assume this is why some effects persisted(?), still odd though. And gamebreaking! 

Other than that, loving the game so far and we're itching to get back out there. Cheers. 

Comments

• xNismoxNismo Member New Car Smell
    edited October 12
    Ye happened on XBOX to me and my friends too, you have to do 2 pits instead of 1 if you do 25%, and i hope they put simulation damage on AI too, it's quite frustrating that even the slightest touch it's enough to ruin your race and they walk away with nothing.
    Post edited by xNismo on
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @Jibbed, we already know about this issue :) 
  • JibbedJibbed Member New Car Smell
    CmRachel said:
    Hi @Jibbed, we already know about this issue :) 
    Great, looking forward to seeing that sorted. Our short-term solution was a double DNF! 
    Do you know if it'll make it into the next patch? Reluctant to try another race.