Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Not able to catch the safety car

Hi,
I have encountered a very strange bug with the safety car. I wasn't able to catch the safety car before it went in again. This is against the SC regulations. The competitors have to be in formation behind the SC before it goes in again. I think this needs a hotfix.

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    Are you on PC? Because I'm having to be psychic to find out and I don't think I am.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Unleaded
    Are you on PC? Because I'm having to be psychic to find out and I don't think I am.
    Yes, I am. But I think this is the same across all platforms as it is a gameplay bug.
  • echo321echo321 Member Unleaded
    no wonder, just had it today that the SC only stayed out for 1 lap. That's way too less on a 50% race. Only a few AI cars could catch it...
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Pit Crew
    I take it this is while on patch 1.9    
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    Hello CompLex1986, please can you tell me which track you were on and which lap the SC came out on?
  • CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Unleaded
    F1Support said:
    Hello CompLex1986, please can you tell me which track you were on and which lap the SC came out on?
    It happened in Australia. I was doing a 25 percent race in career and it happened in the middle of the race. I had just done a pitstop, switching from supersoft to ultrasoft. I think I did that on lap 8. I think I was the last car doing a pitstop just before the SC went out right after I exit the pitlane. So I was already way behind and I was never able to catch up with the pack.
  • EvilCilanEvilCilan Member New Car Smell
    Oh man this happens so many times, every time it comes out, I thought it was programmed like that on purpose.
    And also it doesn't come out if theres only a few laps left too. even after a massive crash.
  • attiew1988attiew1988 Member New Car Smell
    Please check this video of aarava to show that safety car is still broken 
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @attiew1988, at what time in the video do issues start occurring? 
  • attiew1988attiew1988 Member New Car Smell
    It started at 14:24 @CmRachel couldn,t catch safety car bug
    @attiew1988, this issue should be fixed in the 1.10 patch.
  • lecter23lecter23 Member New Car Smell
    F1Support said:
    Please, check this video too:
    Unable to catch SC. 3 drive through penalties and DSQ :(

@lecter23 , this is the same issue and it will be fixed in patch 1.10.