Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Object/texture glitch in Mercedes cockpit (pictures included)

jacobfraerjacobfraer Member New Car Smell
If you go to cockpit camera and set the horizontal offset to the back (-1.0) and vertical offset (1.0) as high as possible, some object (looks like the back of the cockpit) shows on the screen. This has only happened to me in the Mercedes. I use 1440p resolution.

Post edited by jacobfraer on

Comments

• smudger1982smudger1982 Member New Car Smell
    That's normal you need to adjust the "near clip plane" slider in your camera options menu.
  • jacobfraerjacobfraer Member New Car Smell
    That's normal you need to adjust the "near clip plane" slider in your camera options menu.
    Why is that normal? It doesn't happen on other cars, and i like to be as far back and up as possible. If the game allows the settings to be set so far back, it should be supported. What does the "near clip plane" slider do? 
  • smudger1982smudger1982 Member New Car Smell
    I notice your on p.c im on ps4 myself but if you go to the near clip lane slider then press hide menu (f2 I think to get the full screen) then press either left or right it should gradually remove the object you are seeing hope this helps.
  • jacobfraerjacobfraer Member New Car Smell
    I notice your on p.c im on ps4 myself but if you go to the near clip lane slider then press hide menu (f2 I think to get the full screen) then press either left or right it should gradually remove the object you are seeing hope this helps.
    It helped thank you very much. I just took it all the way to the right, and the object disappeared. Apparently, the more to the right it is, the more invisible close-to-camera objects will be.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    It helped thank you very much. I just took it all the way to the right, and the object disappeared. Apparently, the more to the right it is, the more invisible close-to-camera objects will be.
    Maybe mark as solved? Some good news for others?
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig