Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Abbreviated Names on New Liveries (1.8/1.9)

Tbh I was excited when I saw the update finally come through but I guess all that excitement went down the drain when I saw that your abbreviated name doesn't even show up on your car for career mode at all.
It may be a small thing and some of you may not even care and click on something else but to me it makes the game a bit more complete.
I mean the new Haas livery looks so weird with that grey blank block on the shark fin.
I hope it's fixable in the new update because if you can do the numbers, then I don't see why it can't do the names.
Tagged:

Comments

• Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Wheel Nut
    Does kinda make having an abbreviated name, well... pointless.
  • liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Co-Driver
    Tbh I was excited when I saw the update finally come through but I guess all that excitement went down the drain when I saw that your abbreviated name doesn't even show up on your car for career mode at all.
    It may be a small thing and some of you may not even care and click on something else but to me it makes the game a bit more complete.
    I mean the new Haas livery looks so weird with that grey blank block on the shark fin.
    I hope it's fixable in the new update because if you can do the numbers, then I don't see why it can't do the names.
    Again a bad work by Codemasters. Sorry, what can i say positive. Yes, it's just a small thing in the game, but we can't understand why it's not in the patch.
  • chen255chen255 Member Wheel Nut
    Because there are so many possible permeatations for the three letter abbreviation, would we be happy with just PLA (for player)? It would be ok with me.
  • BodykitflaresBodykitflares Member Pit Crew
    chen255 said:
    Because there are so many possible permeatations for the three letter abbreviation, would we be happy with just PLA (for player)? It would be ok with me.
    just like there are lots of permutations for the number. Same thing
    XB1 Gamertag: ESR Orca

AOR XB1 F1 Driver

Tiny Voice, Big Attitude
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Not really it's 100 Vs 17,576 permutations.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    FRACTURED said:
    That's why you don't generate them all and use the stored abbreviation instead. Same goes for the AIs.
  • col123col123 Member New Car Smell
    I noticed there is no Finnish flag for bottas on the shark fin, but Hamilton has the union jack on his car.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Coffer said:
    FRACTURED said:
    That's why you don't generate them all and use the stored abbreviation instead. Same goes for the AIs.
    Just pointing out the difference in the 'lots of'. Reminded me of the Troll maths in Terry Pratchett's Discworld. 
    It goes "One, Two, Many, Lots"

I don't understand why they can't add it.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • s00zsters00zster Member Unleaded
    I was disappointed by this as well.

Expected the devs to automatically use your 3 letter abbreviation (which as far as I know is only used for the pit boards which you can't see at 180mph anyway) to be placed on the cars in its' livery's style. Same way you can choose a number and it's in the team's lettering style and placement.
  • ToxinMonsterToxinMonster Member New Car Smell
    edited October 20
    FRACTURED said:
    Isn't it supposed to be 100 vs 260 since there are 26 letters * 10 different fonts. It would be much more efficient to do it like this rater than making all possible permutaions and taking the one you want and puting it on the car.