Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Pathetic players

Codemasters. Please please please do something about the morons who sit back in online races, and wait for everybody to come around, just so they can run them off the track and ruin their/our race. It's an absolute joke. 

Surely you can find a way to ghost them out or something, if they fall behind by say 10 seconds?
These virgins ruin the game.

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    danny91 said:
    Codemasters. Please please please do something about the morons who sit back in online races, and wait for everybody to come around, just so they can run them off the track and ruin their/our race. It's an absolute joke. 

Surely you can find a way to ghost them out or something, if they fall behind by say 10 seconds?
    You could always play some kind of FPS where that kind of thing never happens. *Pinochinose*
    You are part of a subset of humanity that contains many people that do not develop past childhood. They are called gamers.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• danny91danny91 Member New Car Smell
    danny91 said:

You could always play some kind of FPS where that kind of thing never happens. *Pinochinose*
    You are part of a subset of humanity that contains many people that do not develop past childhood. They are called gamers.
    But yet, here YOU are on a gaming forum? Haha sad little man. I bet you're one of the virgins.
  • kingmjjkingmjj Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    I do agree. It’s been getting so bad you can only enjoy online in a league. There needs to be some sort of license system to allow you to race online 
    kingmjj said:
    I do agree. It’s been getting so bad you can only enjoy online in a league. There needs to be some sort of license system to allow you to race online 
    Exactly mate. Even if they made a lobby with no collisions set. So everybody is ghosted out. I think Forza do/did something like that.
  • MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Wheel Nut
    Online rammers who take players out on purpose are one of the greatest problems in Codemasters F1 game series.

The problem boomed in F1 2013 and players did complain, but even after 4 years no actions have been taken to prevent this issue in the future. I believe the reason behind the inaction of the developers is the belief that the "rammers" are all casual players who obviously do not take the game as serious as those who watch Formula 1 on TV regularly. They want to create games that attract the casual and hardcore players.

But i believe that letting rammers walk away from incidents unpunished will only push away target groups.
    They need to start taking actions against rammers.

A few suggestions from my side for future Formula 1 titles would be:
    -Adding a saveable replay feature to allow victims to show solid proof when reporting rammers.
    -Adding a report feature in online mode to make the reporting easier for victims. This can also be useful if someone is clearly hacking or being very extreme with his/her use of words.
    -Adding a incidents tracking feature that tracks the amount of incidents per session or per a specific time of a player, displaying it on his/her stats. This would greatly expand on the current stats feature that they have launched this year.
    -Creating a database of known rammers and hackers that is open to the public and is connected to the game, warning the other players of potential rammers.

These are all possible solutions for this major issue.
    I sincerely hope that Codemasters works on the online mode a lot more next year.
    At least as much as the career mode this year.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    danny91 said:
    danny91 said:

But yet, here YOU are on a gaming forum? Haha sad little man. I bet you're one of the virgins.
    I used to play in sprint lobbies but I stopped when the game wasn't fun in F1 2014. I just league race now. Body is 0 characters short, little or sad.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• SmiXSmiX Member New Car Smell
    I also add a suggestion to the list from MrGhostO1O and I absolutely agree on everything on the list (mostly on the saveable replay). My suggestion is to add driver's reputation in the (similar) way how Project Cars 2 has it. They actually call it Competitive Racing Licence and it has two parts which counts everything the player did in the session. One is counting and checking the player behavior like - did you caused yellow flags? Counted. Did you touched other player? Counted. Did you caused a crash? Did you touched during the start? Did you leave a track or stayed on the track? Did you block faster cars during blue flags? Everything is counted ... Lobbies then can be filtered by the driver behavior level and you can very easily cut those ramming players out of the race. Second part of CRL is about player lap times and race results which is then counted for better matchmaking players on the similar levels.
    And yes, this is an issue which is not fixed for many years ...
    SmiX said:
    I also add a suggestion to the list from MrGhostO1O and I absolutely agree on everything on the list (mostly on the saveable replay). My suggestion is to add driver's reputation in the (similar) way how Project Cars 2 has it. They actually call it Competitive Racing Licence and it has two parts which counts everything the player did in the session. One is counting and checking the player behavior like - did you caused yellow flags? Counted. Did you touched other player? Counted. Did you caused a crash? Did you touched during the start? Did you leave a track or stayed on the track? Did you block faster cars during blue flags? Everything is counted ... Lobbies then can be filtered by the driver behavior level and you can very easily cut those ramming players out of the race. Second part of CRL is about player lap times and race results which is then counted for better matchmaking players on the similar levels.
    Good idea mate!

Let's hope that maybe next year we may have a functional and enjoyable online mode.
    It really is becoming very annoying when every lobby has a player who ruins the experience for others. It wasn't this way when the game released though. Maybe all the little children and idiots buy the game later for 55€, only to be annoying.
    Online rammers who take players out on purpose are one of the greatest problems in Codemasters F1 game series.

The problem boomed in F1 2013 and players did complain, but even after 4 years no actions have been taken to prevent this issue in the future. I believe the reason behind the inaction of the developers is the belief that the "rammers" are all casual players who obviously do not take the game as serious as those who watch Formula 1 on TV regularly. They want to create games that attract the casual and hardcore players.

But i believe that letting rammers walk away from incidents unpunished will only push away target groups.
    They need to start taking actions against rammers.

A few suggestions from my side for future Formula 1 titles would be:
    -Adding a saveable replay feature to allow victims to show solid proof when reporting rammers.
    -Adding a report feature in online mode to make the reporting easier for victims. This can also be useful if someone is clearly hacking or being very extreme with his/her use of words.
    -Adding a incidents tracking feature that tracks the amount of incidents per session or per a specific time of a player, displaying it on his/her stats. This would greatly expand on the current stats feature that they have launched this year.
    -Creating a database of known rammers and hackers that is open to the public and is connected to the game, warning the other players of potential rammers.

These are all possible solutions for this major issue.
    I sincerely hope that Codemasters works on the online mode a lot more next year.
    At least as much as the career mode this year.
    I completely agree mate.
    SmiX said:
    This sounds like a brill idea to be honest.
    Or, another idea. I know it might sound a bit boring. But, online lobbies with no collisions set? I know other racers have done this, so there is no reason why codemasters couldn't. ARE YOU READING, CODEMASTERS? SORT THIS C**P OUT. It's starting to seriously wind me up. And it seems to be getting worse every night.
  • MusicalVenomMusicalVenom Member Unleaded
    Join a league would be my suggestion.

Random lobbies are usually filled majorly with people who probably only watch F1 for the crashes

• jannygjannyg Member New Car Smell
    edited October 18
    Surely the best solution is to have an option which allows us to ghost lapped cars?

Or additionally a detection that sees 1st place is about to pass 14th place so 14th place should be ghosted etc etc

Obviously the above should be optional. But would make a massive difference

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Just wreck them YOURSELF or nominate someone in the lobby to deliberately go and wreck these guys. I used to enjoy forcing them into an area of track where they couldn't do anything, until they realised I wasn't gonna let them mess with the leaders and they then quit.

Even better if you a have a friend to help mess them up, god damn forza players the lot of them. They are 100% the same guys on FIFA pro clubs who put their striker in goal and OG all game or AFK all game in Gears 4. 

Should all be rounded up and executed.

You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • RadioactiveJimRadioactiveJim Member Wheel Nut
    danny91 said:
    Or, another idea. I know it might sound a bit boring. But, online lobbies with no collisions set? I know other racers have done this, so there is no reason why codemasters couldn't. ARE YOU READING, CODEMASTERS? SORT THIS C**P OUT. It's starting to seriously wind me up. And it seems to be getting worse every night.

Why should Codemaster's have to do anything about people who chose to drive that way online.

That is like telling Porche or BMW to do something about people who drive their real cars too fast.

People who chose to do this will always find a way to do so.

FRACTURED said:
    Just wreck them YOURSELF or nominate someone in the lobby to deliberately go and wreck these guys. I used to enjoy forcing them into an area of track where they couldn't do anything, until they realised I wasn't gonna let them mess with the leaders and they then quit.

Even better if you a have a friend to help mess them up, god damn forza players the lot of them. They are 100% the same guys on FIFA pro clubs who put their striker in goal and OG all game or AFK all game in Gears 4. 

Should all be rounded up and executed.

Does not really make us better than them now, does it?

danny91 said:

Why should Codemaster's have to do anything about people who chose to drive that way online.

That is like telling Porche or BMW to do something about people who drive their real cars too fast.

People who chose to do this will always find a way to do so.

Because this pushes the dedicated fans of the sport away from F1 gaming.
    If i wanted to push, drop bananas and take people out on purpose to win then i would go play mario kart. This is Formula 1 though. There are rules and players who buy it should be at least a little bit serious about it when they play. Otherwise i do not understand why they paid 55€ for it. There are also many ways to prevent people from doing things like that. You can find suggestions in the comments above and here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59510/twats-on-f1-2017#latest

You have to view the big picture on this game:
    Players who watch F1 irl know what is up and how things work, so they find joy in playing more serious whilst casuals or special individuals like the ones in the videos above play with no knowledge about the sport and take others out. They have bought the game, played it for a few hours and then stopped because even taking out others becomes boring after some time. But during these few horus they may completely ruin the online experience for those who take it a little bit more serious forever and that eventually makes them want to not buy the game in the future anymore if it keeps happening year after year.

These problems are short trends that have great effect on total sales year after year excluding the many, many bugs that come with it and make league races, which are made specifically for the serious and dedicated players, impossible to run. Eventually, noone will want to buy F1 games from the same developers who seem to not care about the longevity of their games and the more dedicate players and leagues which basically made them into what they are now, not just the career mode playing YouTubers.
    I have said it multiple times before and i will say it multiple times more:

IF CODEMASTERS IS UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO MAKE A STABLE AND WORKING ONLINE MODE THEN I WOULD RATHER HAVE NONE AT ALL AND ONLY A SINGLEPLAYER GAME.
    IT SAVES THE DISAPPOINTMENT YEAR AFTER YEAR.