Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MFD Auto Closes when using directly mapped adjustments

I recently got a new wheel and have extra buttons so I can directly map increasing and decreasing fuel mix buttons among the others as well. When making the adjustments using the arrows the MFD stays open. When using the directly mapped buttons for any of the fuel, brake bias, or differential the MFD closes itself automatically. This occurs whether the MFD was closed or open to a specific page.

I don't know if this is specific to the new 1.8/1.9 patch (I am on PC so I have 1.9) but it is occurring using 1.9.

Comments

• CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @CyrealReeper

What wheel are you using?
    What button is assigned to open the MFD? 
    Can you post screenshots of your control setup please?

• CyrealReeperCyrealReeper Member New Car Smell
    I am using a CSL Elite wheel base with a ClubSport Formula Black wheel. Also it probably doesn't matter but I am using ClubSport Pedals V3 as well.

Found another weird thing, when I remapped some buttons it now defaults going to the tire wear screen after using directly mapped controls (mixture/brakes/diff).  Also I found in practice the fuel mixture direct mapping does not work no matter what button I map it to. It works just fine in qual and the race. Will double check on my next race I do later today. Will also post screenshots of my new mappings.
  • drKotaszdrKotasz Member New Car Smell
    I recently got a new wheel and have extra buttons so I can directly map increasing and decreasing fuel mix buttons among the others as well. When making the adjustments using the arrows the MFD stays open. When using the directly mapped buttons for any of the fuel, brake bias, or differential the MFD closes itself automatically. This occurs whether the MFD was closed or open to a specific page.

I don't know if this is specific to the new 1.8/1.9 patch (I am on PC so I have 1.9) but it is occurring using 1.9.
    This is in fact a useful feature. This way I don't have to manually turn off the MFD after adjusting fuel mix. I don't like it being up all the time, I find it distracting. Please don't change this Codemasters!
    To satisfy everyone maybe you could make this an option like 'MFD auto hide' or similar.
    Hi @CyrealReeper, this seems to be working as intended and isn't related to the racing wheel specifically.

So MFD shortcuts for panels won't close by themselves. Any increase/decrease shortcuts will either close the MFD if it was closed previously, or the MFD will return to the page it was on before that increase/decrease shortcut was pressed. 

As for the fuel mix not changing in practice.. is that just on Career or does it happen in Grand Prix as well? It could be a gearbox fault not allowing you to access different fuel mixes, if there's any wear, which is again as intended. See if the fuel mix shortcuts work in GP practice but they are working fine for me on PC with an Xbox 360 controller.  

edited October 13
    It's not returning to the page that was previously opened so I will have to disagree on working as intended especially after discovering this next part.

I just did a quick test and found a weird anomaly with it. I had tire wear page opened I got there by using the direct map to wear page. Then opened up setup page using direct map. I then changed fuel mixture and it then automatically went back to tire wear. I then tried this same thing with engine wear page. Opened engine wear page using direct map, then opened up setup page using direct map, I then changed fuel mixture and it automatically went back to engine wear.

I understand what you are saying about it going back to the previously opened page when using direct maps, but there seems to be a small glitch with it after doing the two tests I described above. I have saved a video of this occurrence and will link it in another reply when I am able to edit it and upload it.

Also I have narrowed down the direct mapping issue in practice to ONLY during the qualifying pace program. During a lap I just did the direct mapping did not work to change mixture. As soon as the program was complete I was able to change mixture.

EDIT: I did another test. When I used the normal MFD button to get to the setup page and then changed fuel mixture using direct mapping the MFD closed. When I used the normal MFD button to get to any other page and then changed fuel mixture using direct mapping they went back to the correct page automatically as intended.

Now having all these tests done there definitely is some glitches when using directly mapped buttons for changing settings.
    @CyrealReeper, I see what you're saying with the Engine Wear page appearing again after pressing the shortcut for the Setup page. The fuel mix is on the Setup page so it should stay on that page and it doesn't. Something that minor probably won't get fixed at this stage in development. 

I also see what you mean with the fuel mix during the Qualifying Pace practice programme. You can change the fuel mix with the D-Pad but not the custom MFD shortcuts. Again that's a bug that is unlikely to get fixed at this stage but I will log the issues next week anyway, just in case they do get fixed :)